1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My MCS goes into production / Sports Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Augie05
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My MCS goes into production / Sports Suspension

I posted this in the coupe forum but should have posted it here.

I ordered my car on December 17. I called my dealer on Friday to see if I could add the sports suspension to my car. I found out that I was a day or two late as my car just "flipped" into production. I was a bit surprised (but happy that I was finally going into production) as I was told by "ask Mini" that it was scheduled for next week. My original plan was to simply add aftermarket roll bars and upgrade springs later if I determined that the standard suspension was not sufficient. I was only able to drive a standard suspension (non-sports) Mini for my test drive.

I didn't select sports suspension previously as I thought it only included stiffer roll bars. I did some additional research (a bit too late) that suggested the package might also include upgraded springs/dampers as well. I asked the dealer about this Friday and he could only locate a sales document that mentioned the upgraded roll bars.

I think Mini has done a rather poor job of marketing the specifics of this package. The info that the dealer has is insufficient and the details listed on the on-line tool is lacking as well.

Otherwise, I am really excited that my car should be arriving soon. Here is a summary of my "final" specs:

- 2008 MCS
- Dark Silver / Black
- Black bonnet stripes
- Premium package (sunroof, auto ac, HiFi)
- Cold weather package (heated seats, etc.)
- LSD
- DSC
- White turn signals
- Rear fogs
- Xenon lights
- 16" bridge-spoke wheels
- Standard leatherette sport seats
- Fluid silver interior surface
- Anthracite headliner

Potential future upgrades:

- Light 17" wheels w/ summer performance tires (maybe OZ UL)
- Rear anti-roll bar (have used H-Sport with my Audi... good results)
- Cold air intake (Alta?)
- stiffer springs..... plan to do auto-cross in summer
- Turbo back exhaust..... big maybe
- iPod adapter --- may wait to see how I like the aux confi first

Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Charlie Croker
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not too sure what a roll bar has to do with suspension, but are you talking about a rear sway bar? I personally would not purchase the sports suspension or wheels from MINI. I would save the cash and do an aftermarket mod. This is me however, and some like the shroud of the warranty to cover these upgrades.

PS: [MHO] is that the sound systems HiFi or stock suck wind hugely! Buy the minimum and upgrade at a custom shop. [/MHO]