1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 32 Support Group?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Malist
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can be patient. Really. According to SailWX my MINI has just crossed from the Sargasso Sea into the Carribean on the Boheme. It is on its way to the Panama Canal then on to Port Hueneme by September 10th.
Cheers to all fellow Week 32'rs who already have their MINIs! I can be patient. Really...

Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM
EUROKOKE
2nd Gear
DID you guys get the USB port Too?

Just

Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM
EUROKOKE
2nd Gear
DID you guys get the USB port Too?

Just wanted to know if you all got the USB port?

Old 08-28-2007, 01:41 PM
EUROKOKE
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheOfficeMaven
That's super cool about the USB port Eurokoke. Congrats! I take it that you got it as part of the Convenience package as it's supposed to be part of the Bluetooth kit I believe (i.e. it's proobably being controlled by the Bluetooth module). I really hope my week 34 production car gets one.

BTW, do you have the MFSW with cruise control? If so, did you get the new cruise control speed display (on the on-board computer) as that's a new 08 feature as well I believe? Also, what about the auto up driver side window (another new feature for the 08 cars). Did you get that too?

My cruise come up in the computer digitaly.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
EUROKOKE
2nd Gear
USB

I will try and get a photo of the port tomorrow. It is located next to the AUX port. The only thing it wont do or I cannot figure out is controlability og the IPOD. The book says that you have to plug both pots into the IPOD but does not mention controling throught the system. It works great with a thumb drive-steering wheel control will operate it perfectly.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:39 PM
aschueler
1st Gear
I will likely get my mini (Roscoe) tomorrow afternoon. I am interested to see if I have a USB port -- supposedly in the secret compartment? Will likely take me a few days to get pics out....

Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
@EUROKOKE,

Wow! It's sounds like you got a full blown 08 model then. Kudos to you.

So far, we haven't found anyone else with a US-spec 07 that has the USB port. However, the week 32+ cars are still being delievered (and not all of them have the required Bluettooth kit).

Thanks for the info.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aschueler
I will likely get my mini (Roscoe) tomorrow afternoon. I am interested to see if I have a USB port -- supposedly in the secret compartment? Will likely take me a few days to get pics out....
The picture I saw (I think on Motoringfile, but can't find it right now), showed the USB port right next to the AUX port in the center console.

@EUROKOKE,

Wow! It's sounds like you got a full blown 08 model then. Kudos to you.

So far, we haven't found anyone else with a US-spec 07 that has the USB port. However, the week 32+ cars are still being delievered (and not all of them have the required Bluettooth kit).

Thanks for the info.
EUROKOKE, do you have the window auto-up feature of the 08 model?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 PM
wrxdriver
3rd Gear
I picked up my MCS today at 4:00. WOOHOO! What a blast to drive. Im starting a thread with pics in just a sec. They also changed the door sills.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
jw34
6th Gear
Any USB port?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM
wrxdriver
3rd Gear
No. not if its in the secret compartment.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wrxdriver
No. not if its in the secret compartment.
It would be next to the AUX port.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Damn all of you week 32ers getting yours before my week 31er.

Enjoy it!!!! Because I'm going crazy over here.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
wrxdriver
3rd Gear
No the usb is not there.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
You MUST have the Bluetooth Prep/Convenience Pack in order to get the USB port. From your listed specs, you don't have that option and so you wouldn't have the USB port even if it was being included in the US-spec cars.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 AM
demapples
2nd Gear
Congratulations Wrxdriver on picking up your Mini.

I should be picking mine up on Saturday. From the latest posts the USB port seems unlikely but I will keep my fingers crossed. It would be a nice, unexpected perk to find it there but the real joy will be the motoring. The music I most want to hear is engine and tires on asphalt.

Enjoy that Mini.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Malist
6th Gear
USB Press Release

I came across this quote in a MINI press release

"For even simpler extension of on-board entertainment facilities in the new MINI, a USB connection including Bluetooth function is optionally available from August 2007 for the integration of external audio sources. This enables USB-compatible storage media and MP3 players such as the Apple iPod to be integrated in the MINI entertainment system via the USB port. Music selection can then be accessed via the audio system controls where the menu offers to choose between interpreter, album etc. Also mobiles can then be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth. "

Do you think this means August production should include USB?

[quote=Minidrivr;1717928]The picture I saw (I think on Motoringfile, but can't find it right now), showed the USB port right next to the AUX port in the center console.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
The only thing you need to keep in mind is that was from a UK/Euro press release and not from MINI USA. Apparently, August 2007 was the start of the new model year for the UK/Euro-spec cars, whereas the USA, 2008 models aren't going into production until October or December (who knows why??? - It probably has something to do the Clubman introduction). It would be nice if they started including it in all August 2007+ builds, but so far, we've only had one conformation and that could have just been a fluke (i.e. a mistake at the factory).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Also, that photo you saw was the BMW port and not the one from a MINI. Although, they could indeed be one in the same.

Last edited by TheOfficeMaven; 08-29-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 PM
EUROKOKE
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minidrivr
The picture I saw (I think on Motoringfile, but can't find it right now), showed the USB port right next to the AUX port in the center console.

EUROKOKE, do you have the window auto-up feature of the 08 model?

No auto up funtion......That part sucks

Old 08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
aschueler
1st Gear
I picked up my car today. I am kinda happy I am not the first one to get their car, but also pretty happy it came in fast. It is definitely more fun than the one I test drove.

Only problems so far: 1. I definitely have the "weepy" washers 2. I have the Hi-Fi sound, and there is a rattle in the speakers at times. I will trouble shoot this another day.

Bluetooth went setup went well, and even Sirius activation went great too. They even recognized the fact it comes with a lifetime subscription! My MA kicked *** all around, great guy.

(Humorous side note: wife noted that while me & MA were in the car getting it set up, other MA's were trying to talk some customers into taking a car they had on the lot: saying LSD was "limiting" to the handling, etc etc...)

You MUST have the Bluetooth Prep/Convenience Pack in order to get the USB port. From your listed specs, you don't have that option and so you wouldn't have the USB port even if it was being included in the US-spec cars.

I have the Bluetooth prep, convenience package (and cold weather/sports package). Upgraded sound.

Mine was production week 32.

I don't have the USB. I can handle not having it, as I have no USB devices to plug into it!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
wrxdriver
3rd Gear
^^ Congrats on your car! Isnt it a great feeling to pickup your mini? . Post up pics when you get the chance. Oh and I also have the weeping washer problem.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:02 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Originally Posted by aschueler
I have the Bluetooth prep, convenience package (and cold weather/sports package). Upgraded sound.

Mine was production week 32.

I don't have the USB. I can handle not having it, as I have no USB devices to plug into it!
That's a bummer. Well, that makes two week 32 owners (with BT) that have confirmed that they don't have the USB port. Thus, EUROKOKE's USB port must have just been a fluke (lucky him!). We'll have to wait and see if any of the later production week cars get it.

Thanks for the info.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 AM
minicounter
4th Gear
That's a bummer. Well, that makes two week 32 owners (with BT) that have confirmed that they don't have the USB port. Thus, EUROKOKE's USB port must have just been a fluke (lucky him!). We'll have to wait and see if any of the later production week cars get it.

Thanks for the info.
Probably since EUROKOKE'S MINI was delivered in Europe but only built to US specs he got the the best of both worlds . Oh well I'm sure if some of the 32er's did get the USB mine would be the last one on the line that didn't since it was finish at the beginning of the week.
That's OK - USB or not - I JUST WANT MY MINI!!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:48 AM
demapples
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minicounter
Probably since EUROKOKE'S MINI was delivered in Europe but only built to US specs he got the the best of both worlds . Oh well I'm sure if some of the 32er's did get the USB mine would be the last one on the line that didn't since it was finish at the beginning of the week.
That's OK - USB or not - I JUST WANT MY MINI!!
USB would be nice but as minicounter said, "I JUST WANT MY MINI!!".

Old 08-30-2007, 01:15 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Yes, I completely agree... I'll take mine with or without it too.

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 32 Support Group?