R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Flat Load Floor??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:00 AM
jclarke99
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flat Load Floor??

I've been reading posts on the flat load floor option, but I still don't have a good idea what this means or would look like (with vs without). Anyone have pictures that can show the difference with and without this option? Thanks

Old 11-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Walt
5th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
From what I read, the option gives you a stowage box who's lid makes the rear floor flat.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 AM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
it's just like the standard set up in the USA spec Clubman.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:46 AM
TunaBall
3rd Gear
When I was ordering my Countryman we decided it was simply a lid for the well that was in the boot providing closed storage under and a flat floor above kinda like some of the minivans have. I've not seen pics but that was our guess.

It seemed silly to even have it as an option but then I remembered how MINI advertises the millions of combinations for customization. I think they must have been running a couple short so they made this "an option".

Old 11-15-2010, 08:05 AM
snowboard1
3rd Gear
THere is a floor surface that can be pushed forward or up so that the cargo area is separate from the back seat area, if you do that then the flat load floor would cover the lower area making the floor level with the door sill. The pic in the configurator is with the flat load floor and the divider up.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 AM
snowboard1
3rd Gear
this is with the divider forward without the flat load floor. if the divider was downit would cover, but then you could reach from the back seat area intothe cargo area

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1024&bih=505

Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 AM
jclarke99
1st Gear
Thanks for the replies. So, it's kind of like floor mats. It's something that you think should be standard but isn't.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Agree that this should have been standard. We ordered it as we wanted to have some separation between the cargo area and back seats.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM
TruMini
3rd Gear
Sure hope I can this as an aftermarket piece.
I didn't realize it would leave the boot open, I thought it was to keep the area between the seats and boot flat.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
oddrockinegg
3rd Gear
If you're familiar with the boot of the Clubman; there is essentially a removable "lid" or floor that covers the deeper storage area. The Countryman has the same thing except, it can also be raised to seperate the boot and the rear seats; or it can lay over top the rear seats if you are folding them down (to create a flat surface over the bucket seats). The flat load floor option takes the place of this "lid" that you are now using to flatten the area over the seats. Certainly not necessary for situations like, luggage or groceries; but nice if you're hauling a flat screen tv.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
TruMini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by oddrockinegg
If you're familiar with the boot of the Clubman; there is essentially a removable "lid" or floor that covers the deeper storage area. The Countryman has the same thing except, it can also be raised to seperate the boot and the rear seats; or it can lay over top the rear seats if you are folding them down (to create a flat surface over the bucket seats). The flat load floor option takes the place of this "lid" that you are now using to flatten the area over the seats. Certainly not necessary for situations like, luggage or groceries; but nice if you're hauling a flat screen tv.

Hope this helps.
Helps lots!!
Thank you
I had visions of my poor goldendoodle getting himself all goofy in the open wells. He isn't known for his gracefulness!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
jclarke99
1st Gear
Sorry to be dense, but can I assume that this picture shows the Countryman with the Flat Load Floor option?

Attached Thumbnails Flat Load Floor??-mini-countryman-pr-c.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jclarke99
Sorry to be dense, but can I assume that this picture shows the Countryman with the Flat Load Floor option?
Since the two back seats are folded down and the cargo completely obscures them, it would be hard to confirm.

My understanding is that the Countryman comes with one flat floor piece that can either cover the deep bins in the cargo area or can be flipped up to create a divider between the rear seats and the cargo area.

The flat load floor option, if I understand correctly, adds a second flat floor piece so that the bins can be covered AND you can have the divider between the rear seats and cargo area.

Then again I may be completely mistaken...

Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Lenmonster
3rd Gear
Hi, everyone. I looked at this yesterday when I visited a Countryman on static display. The single piece either covers the well, sits up vertically, or covers the back of the back seats when they are folded down. If you get a second piece, you can have the well covered, and a "trunk" area, or you can have a relatively flat floor all the way to the front seats. For me, I'd do this, as I carry music gear, so it would give me a relatively flat floor for loading without messing up the back sides of the seats or the rear portion of the rail.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The one I saw yesterday has a nice slick system to cover the bottom, or pull ti up and it latches right behind the seat back to store out of the way but still be there if you are loading or using the recessed boot hole.

Name:  Countryman003.jpg
Views: 2300
Size:  134.4 KB

Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
jclarke99
1st Gear
Just ordered my Countryman, and the Flat Load Floor option wouldn't go through (someone else on another thread experienced the same thing). It's either a glitch in the system, or they're lacking that part at the moment.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jclarke99
Just ordered my Countryman, and the Flat Load Floor option wouldn't go through (someone else on another thread experienced the same thing). It's either a glitch in the system, or they're lacking that part at the moment.
That may have been what caused several delays in my build but my car is now in production. Finally.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 AM
snowboard1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
That may have been what caused several delays in my build but my car is now in production. Finally.
My car went through production and was finished on 11/10 with the flat load floor so it may not be part of the hold up.... Now if I could only get my car a boat ride from the port where it has been sittiing for close to 2 weeks !

Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 AM
TunaBall
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by snowboard1
My car went through production and was finished on 11/10 with the flat load floor so it may not be part of the hold up.... Now if I could only get my car a boat ride from the port where it has been sittiing for close to 2 weeks !
Ha! Mine too! Today I'm heading to Rasmussen MINI in Portland to at least see one. Hopefully that will get me through the next few weeks of waiting...

Old 11-27-2010, 06:46 PM
03mini-S
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by snowboard1

Where did you order from? Main Line?

Old 11-28-2010, 04:54 AM
snowboard1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 03mini-S
Where did you order from? Main Line?
Otto's in West Chester

Old 11-28-2010, 09:45 AM
itsmeagain
1st Gear
Originally Posted by yetti96
The one I saw yesterday has a nice slick system to cover the bottom, or pull ti up and it latches right behind the seat back to store out of the way but still be there if you are loading or using the recessed boot hole.

What you see in the picture is the standard load floor cover. It is a single piece that folds and can lock in an up-right position. If you look at the bottom of page 27 of the Countryman brochure you will see two pictures of the rear boot area. The picture on the left shows the standard cover in the up-right position and the storage well; the one on the right shows the standard cover, again in the up-right locked position, and the optional removable cover over the storage well compartment. I was told by a sales person at Irvine Mini that the optional removable cover is no longer a new car order option and will be a dealer added accessory.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:44 PM
lhigham2317
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Option 4UL Secondary Flat Load Floor

The Secondary Flat Load Floor Option 4UL delayed until March 2011 production. You will be able to add later as an accessory.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lhigham2317
The Secondary Flat Load Floor Option 4UL delayed until March 2011 production. You will be able to add later as an accessory.
Interesting. My car is in production and scheduled to be completed tomorrow (11/30). I ordered this option. Wonder if car was built with it or not?

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 11-30-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Interesting. My car is in production and scheduled to be completed tomorrow (11/30). I ordered this option. Wonder if car was built with it or not?
Well, my dealer tells me that the invoice for my order no longer includes the 4UL Flat Load Floor option. MINI deleted it from my order which then allowed the car to enter production.

Not really happy that my order was delayed for 3 weeks only to have MINI ultimately delete the option from my order anyway. Plus, I am going to lease this vehicle which means I cannot residualize this option and will have to pay 100% out of my pocket.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 11-30-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: R60 Flat Load Floor??