Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Smartphone integration cradle part #s

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 AM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smartphone integration cradle part #s

I think some of you are having as much difficulty as I did getting more info on the "smartphone integration" cradles which are expected to be released in December. Now you guys can come to your dealership prepared with a part # rather than them running around wasting time trying to figure out what you are talking about.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Snap-in adapter[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Option[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']iphone™[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']iPhone 3G™[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Availability[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']6NE[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']84 10 9 182 792[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Yes[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']6NE[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']84 21 2 151 038[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']approx. end of 11/2008[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']smartphone/USB[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']6NF[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']84 21 9 164 213[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']approx. 12/2008[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']smartphone/USB[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']6NF[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']84 21 2 151 043[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']approx. 12/2008[/FONT]

Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 AM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
Oops sorry....

here you go:

Iphone- 84219164213 - available approxiamately 12/2008
Iphone 3G- 84212151043 - available approxiamately 12/2008

Old 11-18-2008, 10:54 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Thanks! The '84 10 9 182 792' matches the older iPhone cradle I had listed for the pre-smartphone integration, is '84 21 2 151 038' the non-USB version for the 3G by chance?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 PM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by nicknbecka
Thanks! The '84 10 9 182 792' matches the older iPhone cradle I had listed for the pre-smartphone integration, is '84 21 2 151 038' the non-USB version for the 3G by chance?
yes you are exactly right, however, that is supposed to be available sometime this month. Not sure if it is yet.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:51 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
You wouldn't happen to have access to info on any others, would you?

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to add them to my spreadsheet.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
phi
1st Gear
any idea how much the cradles will cost?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:05 PM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
You wouldn't happen to have access to info on any others, would you?

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to add them to my spreadsheet.
Like what? Other parts in general? I can put you in touch with my parts manager who is very knowledgable and is willing to ship anywhere.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:06 PM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by phi
any idea how much the cradles will cost?
I am not positive and I am sure each dealership will have their own markup but I am thinking $100-$150.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:56 PM
desertmini21
4th Gear
Cradle cost

Originally Posted by BigMiniAl
I am not positive and I am sure each dealership will have their own markup but I am thinking $100-$150.
The parts guy at the dealership said the cradle for the 3G would cost $130. Of course, they aren't available yet.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:48 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Check out Classic MINI for the parts when they become available.
I got a very good price on the cradle for my RAZR2 a few months ago, and they give a NAM discount.

I have noticed that both my RAZR2 and my new Blackberry Storm use the same "micro USB" for the charging ports. Since I'm sure MINI will take forever (if ever) to come out with a cradle for the Storm, I'm gonna see if there is some way to modify my RAZR2 cradle so it will charge the new phone.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BigMiniAl
Like what? Other parts in general? I can put you in touch with my parts manager who is very knowledgable and is willing to ship anywhere.
Thanks for the offer, I'm just looking for a list of phone-related parts. Currently (or soon-to-be) available arm rest snap-ins and the like.

I'm actually stopping by my local dealer later today, so if I don't find everything I'm looking for I'll be in touch.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I just posted on another thread in regard to the iPhone 3G cradle MINI will (soon?) offer. I just got an iPhone and paired it with my car yesterday. The iPod adapter I got with my car works with my iPhone, but it told me that I wouldn't be able to receive calls while the music was playing. So, I'm hoping that I will be able to receive calls AND listen to my tunes simultaneously by buying and installing the armrest cradle for my iPhone. My Motorola Razr phone worked fine with the bluetooth setup, as does my iPhone 3G, and my iPod Mini worked beautifully with the USB/power line that I got with the car, but I hate having wires hanging out of the dash, not to mention having to stash the iPod every time I get out of the car (especially annoying when making short trips). I know... whaaaaa whaaaaaaaa! LOL

Any developments on this, Big Al?

Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 AM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
You absolutely should be able to receive calls while your music is playing. I have a 2G Iphone and the music gets muted when a call comes in. Bear in mind, when the iphone 3G cradle does become available it will not work for you unless your car has the factory smartphone integration option preinstalled.

Originally Posted by AvidMINI
I just posted on another thread in regard to the iPhone 3G cradle MINI will (soon?) offer. I just got an iPhone and paired it with my car yesterday. The iPod adapter I got with my car works with my iPhone, but it told me that I wouldn't be able to receive calls while the music was playing. So, I'm hoping that I will be able to receive calls AND listen to my tunes simultaneously by buying and installing the armrest cradle for my iPhone. My Motorola Razr phone worked fine with the bluetooth setup, as does my iPhone 3G, and my iPod Mini worked beautifully with the USB/power line that I got with the car, but I hate having wires hanging out of the dash, not to mention having to stash the iPod every time I get out of the car (especially annoying when making short trips). I know... whaaaaa whaaaaaaaa! LOL

Any developments on this, Big Al?

Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Yeah, my music got paused when I received a call on my Motorola Razr phone. I got the convenience package, which included the USB/power adapter that plugs into the dash on the lower portion of the center stack. I also got the armrest, which has a false bottom in it. The question is: is my car prewired to accept the iPhone cradle, or am I going to have to use the power adapter I purchased separately to power my iPhone, rely on bluetooth for the phone calls, AND be able to listen to my iTunes? I'm a little vague on what it is I actually purchased!

In other words...should I even purchase the iPhone cradle?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 AM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by AvidMINI
Yeah, my music got paused when I received a call on my Motorola Razr phone. I got the convenience package, which included the USB/power adapter that plugs into the dash on the lower portion of the center stack. I also got the armrest, which has a false bottom in it. The question is: is my car prewired to accept the iPhone cradle, or am I going to have to use the power adapter I purchased separately to power my iPhone, rely on bluetooth for the phone calls, AND be able to listen to my iTunes? I'm a little vague on what it is I actually purchased!

In other words...should I even purchase the iPhone cradle?
You have a 2008 so no it will not do what you want it to do and that is play the music from the armrest. The only thing the cradle will do for you is charge the phone and give you better signal reception. My suggestion is buy an 8 gig USB flash drive. They run about $25-$30 bucks now. They will hold about 2000 songs and you dont have to constantly be disconnecting your iphone or worrying about an expensive item being visible. The best part is no cords.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Aside from the iPhone, I've got an iPod Mini (or is it MINI?) that I can leave in the car. As I said, it's just the hassle of having to unplug and hide it every time I leave the car! LAZY, I know...

It appears the iPod adapter I got with my MINI will charge the iPhone, but it won't allow me to receive calls. A message on my iPhone said something to that effect. Luckily, I also have an iPhone charger, which works just fine using the cigarette lighter socket.

So much for simplifying things, eh?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Kazy
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The message just concerns Airplane Mode, which turns off all the radios on the phone and makes it unable to receive or send any data. You can ignore the message and it'll receive calls just fine.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:59 AM
BigMiniAl
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Kazy
The message just concerns Airplane Mode, which turns off all the radios on the phone and makes it unable to receive or send any data. You can ignore the message and it'll receive calls just fine.

Avid,

Kazy is right! That is probably what you are doing wrong. When the message pops up answer "NO" you do not want to put in into airplane mode and the calls should come in fine.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Thanks, guys. I'll check into that next time I get in my car.

Well, I checked it out and you're absolutely right, I was able to use my iPhone through the car stereo AND listen to my tunes on the iPod at the same time. I'm livin' large!

Last edited by AvidMINI; 12-09-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Updated last comment.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:36 PM
whitetiger69
Neutral
have a Razr phone

I have a new 2009 with comfort bluetooth. No problems getting my Razr phone to integrate with the bluetooth. I am looking for a snap in for my armrest so I don't have to use my regular car charger. My Mini dealer seems clueless about these.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:16 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Hi Whitetiger69,

For most models of the RAZR, like the V3 and the V3t, part number 84 21 0 415 023 should work. Having the part number for someone in the service department may help. Some people have had better luck asking for someone that's a tech/gaget guy.

Just as a heads-up, the V3m has the mini USB port mounted upside down compared to other versions and won't fit correctly in the snap-in.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Hi Whitetiger69,

For most models of the RAZR, like the V3 and the V3t, part number 84 21 0 415 023 should work. Having the part number for someone in the service department may help. Some people have had better luck asking for someone that's a tech/gaget guy.

Just as a heads-up, the V3m has the mini USB port mounted upside down compared to other versions and won't fit correctly in the snap-in.

FWIW, The proper part number for the Razr2 V9m (and the V8) is 84.21-0-442-784. Since I've upgraded to a BB, anyone who needs a good deal on the cradle for these phones should PM me.

Rich

Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Thanks Rich! I can't believe I didn't put the part number in for the V9m... duh.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Thanks Rich! I can't believe I didn't put the part number in for the V9m... duh.
Not a problem. Your spreadsheet is great!
Rich

Old 12-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Doopa Klubi
1st Gear
Hey there!

Anybody got news 'bout the snap-in release? (even better if you hve a date for Europe...).

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Smartphone integration cradle part #s