JCW 2015 JCW pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 06:29 PM
LaurelEdition
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 JCW pricing

I'm giving a lot of thought to a new 2015 JCW. Has anybody priced one. Do they sell for list or can a good deal be found by shopping. I am keeping my Laurel Edition.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:11 PM
axoo007
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LaurelEdition
I'm giving a lot of thought to a new 2015 JCW. Has anybody priced one. Do they sell for list or can a good deal be found by shopping. I am keeping my Laurel Edition.
I'm not sure for everyone else on the forum, but I never bought a car at list price. Even though the JCW is brand new, MINI USA and its dealers are very focused on moving as much metal as possible to catch up on sales. So, if you do your research and shop around, there's no reason why you wouldn't get a decent deal. I'll be on the market in 9 months and my config is currently priced at $39,700. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 03-29-2015, 06:25 PM
LaurelEdition
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by axoo007
I'm not sure for everyone else on the forum, but I never bought a car at list price. Even though the JCW is brand new, MINI USA and its dealers are very focused on moving as much metal as possible to catch up on sales. So, if you do your research and shop around, there's no reason why you wouldn't get a decent deal. I'll be on the market in 9 months and my config is currently priced at $39,700. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
I have to pass at this time. I want a manual but it would not be available until July/August. I wanted delivery by the end of May.
I did shop somewhat...One dealer did seem to want to be accommodating price wise. My suggestion to buyers is... competitively shop.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:32 PM
axoo007
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to pass at this time. I want a manual but it would not be available until July/August. I wanted delivery by the end of May.
I did shop somewhat...One dealer did seem to want to be accommodating price wise. My suggestion to buyers is... competitively shop.
Not sure is an AT is completely out of the question for you, but if not, I heard of dealers that are willing to offers deals on AT JCWs for customers initially wanting a MT.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:37 PM
LaurelEdition
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by axoo007
Not sure is an AT is completely out of the question for you, but if not, I heard of dealers that are willing to offers deals on AT JCWs for customers initially wanting a MT.
Auto is out. There's nothing wrong with an Auto if thats what the driver wants. I still enjoy manual. I gave it thought but would not buy an auto Works regardless of price.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:03 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Auto is out. There's nothing wrong with an Auto if thats what the driver wants. I still enjoy manual. I gave it thought but would not buy an auto Works regardless of price.
I got about $2k off list on mine that was on the dealer's lot for about 9 months. They'll be showing up at dealers soon (the ATs anyway). I bet some dealing will go on with the F56 JCWs.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:54 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since the announcements a few weeks ago, I've had some contact with sales advisors at two of the three local dealers (have bought from all of them) and at this point pricing hasn't even been mentioned. They both know I want manual too and are supposed to let me know when they get their first auto ones in so I can at least give them a look over.
Times have changed since I bought my first R53 in 2005, back then the two locals were MSRP only and I don't think anyone in the country needed to make deals. By the time I got my 2011 JCW things were getting more like "other brands," and I expect competition is even more fierce now.
Many in my local club have bought from a cross state dealer. I would prefer to buy locally but they're going to need to be competitive.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:27 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
I think it's going to be tough to get a deal on JCWs right now. It sounds like everything being ordered is spoken for, and if the demand is that high, stock units won't last long which gives dealers little incentive to discount and I'm sure many dealers will even markup.

After a few months when things quiet down, stock units should get some more wiggle room.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
I think it's going to be tough to get a deal on JCWs right now. It sounds like everything being ordered is spoken for, and if the demand is that high, stock units won't last long which gives dealers little incentive to discount and I'm sure many dealers will even markup.

After a few months when things quiet down, stock units should get some more wiggle room.
I agree. Demand for F56 HBs will be high at first and then they'll deal. Mine is a Coupe so it sat on the lot for over 6 months. They still have a 2014 JCW Roadster there, which is the rarest Mini ever made (mine's second) besides the special editions. There was a 2012 50th Ann of some racing chamionship they limited to 500 in the US. I bet they sold maybe 300 JCW Coupes in 4 years and even fewer Roadsters. I'd like to find out somehow.