General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**careful who you buy from**

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:41 AM
bluecoupeS
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**careful who you buy from**

Always and I mean always look into the "fine print" or someplace on the company web page for "return policy" as it may differ from all others. This could be very important after your purchase. I did not and made a huge mistake, also thought I was purchasing from a affiliate vendor with this forum, again was wrong.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Vkng
2nd Gear
Even though we're used to Amazon and Walmart accepting returns on just about everything for any reason without a restocking fee, that just can't be the case for specialized vendors. It's not something I would expect, and I also wouldn't buy a part without being absolutely sure it is what I needed, even more so if it was an expensive component.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Seems like just a general warning. Who did you buy from, was it all on you or was it something deceptive?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:07 PM
bluecoupeS
1st Gear
Purchased a item that had a 30 day period to try it everywhere I looked on line, however purchased it from what I thought was a forum vendor, just too keep money in the loop. Unbeknown to me the Vendor did not offer the 30 day try it period and I did not understand that as it was buried in the return policy someplace and didn't use his web site as we exchanged e-mails starting from this forum. I thought the 30 day was the norm as it was offered everywhere else.. Every other site, seller offers a 30 day try it, like it or return on this item. The item worked great but still could not get the performance I wanted for a set cost. I had the product 10 days. Used it for 3 days. I also Had the JB+ tune, and the return was no problem, even easier than the purchase. Hats off to Jon at Burger Motorsports, He is fantastic and has a great product, service.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:18 PM
bluecoupeS
1st Gear
I understand a restocking fee, just not no return or using this site to offer a product to us that others have a try it for 30 day policy without stating so. I take responsibility for my purchase, just felt disappointed due to purchasing here and not getting the same service outside the forum as I try to purchase from input from forum members, vendors. Just saying to all purchasers read the fine print, I expect the option to return a product unless it is stated I cannot.

Last edited by bluecoupeS; 02-24-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:26 PM
afadeev
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecoupeS
I understand a restocking fee, just not no return or using this site to offer a product to us that others have a try it for 30 day policy without stating so. I take responsibility for my purchase, just felt disappointed due to purchasing here and not getting the same service outside the forum as I try to purchase from input from forum members, vendors. Just saying to all purchasers read the fine print, I expect the option to return a product unless it is stated I cannot.
I understand returning a part # that you purchased in error, or that you do not need, but even that sometimes incurs restocking fee and almost always requires the buyer to pay for the return shipment.

Returning something after you've installed it (e.g.: returning used parts) is NOT the norm. It's great if you found some vendors willing to accept used part returns (and eat the cost of not being able to resell them to anyone else), but I would not fault anyone for refusing to play that game.

Otherwise, do tell me who would accept used brake pads, and I will order a set from them right before a DE weekend ....

a

Old 02-26-2015, 04:59 PM
bluecoupeS
1st Gear
Do tell me that you read the entire thread,,,, no one would try and return brake pads, be sensible and understnad I am not complaining or I would have stated the company, again I am at fault for not looking not return practices of seller., just expressing to the forum what is the norm for most may not be for certian sellers. No one stated anything about an item such as break pads, read the thread and maybe you would understand. Please don't be rude, that is nonsense, I have not been ..

Old 02-26-2015, 07:24 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It sounds like we're talking about the Sprint Booster.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:17 AM
bluecoupeS
1st Gear
Don't want to say who, what. as I am not here to bash anyone or any product, just be sure we are all informed about the vendors policy's we do business with. Don't just buy from someone because they are here on the Forum, Check out the vender, make sure they offer the same return policy or "try it for 30 days". I could have purchased the same product locally, installed free and already had my return completed. Again the product worked great, just not what I wanted after trying. I would not have made the purchased if I understood there was no 30 day try it period as offered everywhere else I looked before returned to our forum to purchase. Tried to keep the money in the family.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:25 AM
afadeev
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bluecoupeS
Do tell me that you read the entire thread,,,, no one would try and return brake pads, be sensible and understnad I am not complaining or I would have stated the company, again I am at fault for not looking not return practices of seller., just expressing to the forum what is the norm for most may not be for certian sellers. No one stated anything about an item such as break pads, read the thread and maybe you would understand. Please don't be rude, that is nonsense, I have not been ..
You are mis-stating that it is a "norm for most" to accept used parts back, after you've installed them on your car and had a change of heart.

Frankly, that's unheard of.
I'm sure there is someone out there who does it, but I would NEVER assume that when buying car parts. Or anything else, outside of Costco.

Ever tried to return used condoms because you didn't like how they feel ?

a

Old 02-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
The OP is talking about a specific add on product that many sellers offer with a liberal 30 day return option, why is that a difficult concept?

As a buyer of products like that I'd want to know if it was previously used, but sellers don't usually share that. Seems like half the crap at Home Depot has been tried out. Buy shoes or clothes, chances are someone tried them on or wore them and returned them.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:30 AM
afadeev
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
The OP is talking about a specific add on product that many sellers offer with a liberal 30 day return option, why is that a difficult concept?
Lets make it less hypothetical - do you mind posting a link to the product, and the vendor who is willing to accept returns of used car parts ?

Just curious,
a

Old 02-27-2015, 09:36 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Old 02-28-2015, 08:53 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Hello, yes, I traded in my Mini for a Jeep, and removed the Sprint Booster. It was only on the car 3 weeks, can I get a refund??