European MINIs European MINIs may look similar but there are some interesting differences. Learn more here!

USA Spec MCS - Delivered in Spain

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillslinger
I don't think our US for EU spec cars have the electronic speed limiter either. Some of the RCM guys have commented that their cars are limited to around 120 mph or so (I forget what speed) whereas I know for a fact that mine isn't

SB, if I remember, we can check the AM functions next time we meet up
US cars delivered in Europe do have the speedlimiter.... 135 MPH.

Removable with a remap like MTH.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:23 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
On a track right
Autobahn....

Old 05-14-2007, 12:26 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Something you guys in German with US spec cars might want to do to get all the stations offered in Europe.

http://www.simplymini.info/index.php..._Service_Menu/

Old 05-17-2007, 12:02 PM
QandElf
Shadetree Modder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daflake
Something you guys in German with US spec cars might want to do to get all the stations offered in Europe.

http://www.simplymini.info/index.php..._Service_Menu/
Must be why mine's been in Euro mode, instead of US mode. I'm not changing to US mode, I like mine being special!

FYI, I've had my MINI up to 145 on the Autostradale in Italia, and up to 140 on the Pacific Raceway track in Kent, WA. Never been reflashed/remapped. Is it possible that those with older MINIs (pre-facelift) didn't get limited? I know it's an ECU limiter, and they changed the ECU along with the SC and Tranny for the facelift.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 PM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
When we brought the car back from Germany... and even prior to getting the car there.. I wasnt able to do anything on the usa mini website.. my vin simply didnt exist..
What i did have to do was, fax the info to mini usa.. then wait about a week, and then they put all the info in their computer.. I was then granted access to mini usa, and my warranty was in full effect.
Carfax.. prolly wont have the info from the car in Germany.. unless they registered it like we did with mini usa.. and im actually glad i called mini usa.. i would have had no idea, my warranty was invalid in the us, until registered with mini usa.. the vin.. is actually tricky.. this what they told me.. and literally the car doesn't exist to them until entered.. even though the car was built by mini..
Gawd i hope that makes sense.. cuz well at midnight here it kinda sorta not really did.. hope this helps..
oh and your cutey lil first aid kit thats missing? you can try to call the place the car was originally ordered and see if you can get one there..

Old 08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
emagineer
2nd Gear
cat,

Thanks for replying. Since my post the MINI has been to the dealers. They had info on it from 1/07. Had not considered "no warranty" and service was great. Big change from 2 years ago. I did try to register and the MINI site wouldn't accept my VIN. Odd since the dealership here already had information. Perhaps original owner registered and the VIN is being seen as belonging to someone else.

Oddly, while at the store a couple of days ago, there was a EU MINI in the parking lot exactly like mine. It still had the EU plates on with a small USA and star in the upper left corner. Suspect the car just got here, those plates looked so good, too bad we can't keep them. In hindsight I should have stuck around and talked to the owner.

Hadn't thought of contacting the original dealer. Good idea. Thanks

Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by emagineer
cat,

Thanks for replying. Since my post the MINI has been to the dealers. They had info on it from 1/07. Had not considered "no warranty" and service was great. Big change from 2 years ago. I did try to register and the MINI site wouldn't accept my VIN. Odd since the dealership here already had information. Perhaps original owner registered and the VIN is being seen as belonging to someone else.

Oddly, while at the store a couple of days ago, there was a EU MINI in the parking lot exactly like mine. It still had the EU plates on with a small USA and star in the upper left corner. Suspect the car just got here, those plates looked so good, too bad we can't keep them. In hindsight I should have stuck around and talked to the owner.

Hadn't thought of contacting the original dealer. Good idea. Thanks
Tjhe VIN's for the MINI's issued overseas are different than the USA ones. In order to register on MINIUSA, you will have to send them an e-mail. This is what I did and have had no problems since. They handled the accoutn creation via e-mail.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:51 AM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
im sorry you didn't get to keep your license plate.. we did.. although i would probably never put it back on the car.. because of my vanity plate... but i do know there are websites out there that you can buy them

Old 09-08-2007, 06:48 PM
emagineer
2nd Gear
Can't use the EU plates, state requires plates on front and back. It was just a neat deal to see and wish we could use them.

I'm near Ft. Carson and am sure the EU MINI was just brought in by one of our Army guys. I think they use the EU plates (although the car is registered in the state they are from) as long as they are full service. May also be completely wrong about this. Do one of you in the service know how this works? Just curious.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 AM
palomojarre
Neutral
hi guys.

im in usa and i have a mcs 07. in the future, maybe i go to spain with the car, the problem is that de central speedometer is in mph no kmh and i dont know if the digital speedometer will be good for de spanish laws, is posible change the central panel to kmh? or is to dificult?

thanks.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rodhot
you always read about bringing european built cars up to US spec-more pollution controls + more weight from safety additions come to mind quickly = more $$$$
This is slowly becoming a thing of the past. In the past there were a lot of things that needed to be done to a vehicle to get it to US SPec, but much of that has changed in the recent decade. Much easier now.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:47 AM
BubbaJCW
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6 plus year old thread, why would...........never mind!

Old 03-11-2014, 05:59 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BubbaJCW
6 plus year old thread, why would...........never mind!
Why do you care? No need to start a new thread if someone has a question. The fact that it bothers you and that you felt the need to reply is amusing though.