MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Electrical
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Dp upgrade
25 Replies, 1,060 Views
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 10:51 PM
4th Gear

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Gallery
Faulty BEST version when reading FRM module for 2011 R56

Hey guys. I'm trying to access the FRM module but this message always pops up. So far the only successful programming i've done is in the CAS and KOMBI modules, although i also can't get in SKPEG (forgot how to spell it) to complete the heartbeat alarm mod. I'd like to access the FRM module to take out the bulb checks. Any input would be great. I've so far tried v41, v38 datens so far. My INPA and NCS expert versions are the latest ones (from the Complete DIY thread). The message prompt is shown below

2011 Pepper White MCS, 17x7 Green Kosei K1-TS with Dunlop Star Specs. Homemade CAI with AEM 9" dry-filter. Maganaflow muffler, NM-Eng torque arm bushing, Alta 22mm RSB, Helix SS adapter, 4300K HID headlights and 3000K fogs
Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 AM
4th Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
So far I have had no luck with this either, v38, 39, 40 or 41.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:05 PM
3rd Gear

Gallery
I wish I could tell you what to do with the 2011 Mini but I dont have one and cant check for sure...

You had V38 I believed but in order for it to work, the set up I used was the V32 files in the c:\ediabas\ecu folder
and
V38 or V40 for everything else.
I believe the problem is v38/40 for ediabas

try this and let me know.
refer to NCS expert thread so that other members can help too
2009 R56 MINI Cooper S Hatchback -manual gear- AstroBlack, red leather lounge package, sports package, premium package, cold weather,K&M cold air intake/filter,split differential,Invidia Q300,Akrapovic DP,stage 3, short antenna,sport rotors upgraded,red calipers,18'' Enkei rims.
Love my go-kart
Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
I wish I could tell you what to do with the 2011 Mini but I dont have one and cant check for sure...

You had V38 I believed but in order for it to work, the set up I used was the V32 files in the c:\ediabas\ecu folder
and
V38 or V40 for everything else.
I believe the problem is v38/40 for ediabas

try this and let me know.
refer to NCS expert thread so that other members can help too
The lowest datens i've gotten my hands on is v34. Could you PM me the V32 ones? Thanks.
2011 Pepper White MCS, 17x7 Green Kosei K1-TS with Dunlop Star Specs. Homemade CAI with AEM 9" dry-filter. Maganaflow muffler, NM-Eng torque arm bushing, Alta 22mm RSB, Helix SS adapter, 4300K HID headlights and 3000K fogs
Old 05-24-2011, 12:37 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
I think I've finally come up with the right combination to prevent this error.

The problem comes about from the fact that only complete and installable version of the EDIABAS software available on the net is too old to work with the new datens.

So, here's what to do:
  1. Install NCS Expert/INPA/EDIABAS exactly as laid out in GTECKO's very helpful download and How-To guides.
  2. Update your datens to the latest V41 files.
  3. Download the following file: ftp://94.212.182.18/INPA-EDIABAS/EDIABAS_7_2_0.rar
  4. Make a complete copy of your existing C:\EDIABAS folder into something like C:\EDIABAS.old - just in case. Ensure that you also save a copy of the C:\EDIABAS\BIN\EDIABAS.INI file - you'll need it for step 6.
  5. OVERWRITE the files and directories in your C:\EDIABAS folder with the ones in the RAR file.
  6. Replace the newly extracted EDIABAS.INI file in C:\EDIABAS\BIN with the original version you saved in step 4.
This will upgrade your EDIABAS to version 7.2.0. Using this version I have had no problems reading and coding the various modules in my car (no more BEST version errors).

NOTE: If you also use the GT1/DIS V57 software, then version 7.2.0 of EDIABAS does not appear to work with it. You may need to revert back to the V6.x EDIABAS to use GT1.

Good luck!

Ordered: 9 May 08, Born: 5 Jun 08 (Production Week 23), Arrived in North America: 18 Jun 08 (via MV Mignon), At home: 15 July 08

08 MC | SS/B | Xenons | Sunroof | Auto climate | Heated seats | Electric heated front windscreen | Front&Rear fogs | Hi-Fi | White side markers | JCW grill | Front&Rear mud flaps | JL Audio TR650csi and TR400cxi speakers | Retrofitted Sport button ($4UF) | Many other NCS Expert tweaks

Last edited by Chernobyl; 05-26-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added a step to save and restore the ediabas.ini file.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Cool i'll give this a try possibly after finals this wednesdays. I'll need to laden.bat back to v41 and then upgrade the EDIBIAS software to the one you linked. Will report back later.

edit: speaking of which, does anyone know which module and which code to look for to disable the TMPS light and/or sounds?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:18 PM
3rd Gear

Gallery
Could work too Chernobyl. I did try the one you told me (mention in my post above) and never had a problem since.
2009 R56 MINI Cooper S Hatchback -manual gear- AstroBlack, red leather lounge package, sports package, premium package, cold weather,K&M cold air intake/filter,split differential,Invidia Q300,Akrapovic DP,stage 3, short antenna,sport rotors upgraded,red calipers,18'' Enkei rims.
Love my go-kart
Old 05-25-2011, 09:02 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
I just tried Chernobyl's method but it doesn't seem to work for me. I ran INPA to wait for the two black dots and couldn't get them to light up no matter what. I tried going straight to NCS expert to try and read the ECU but no go, after selecting the CAS module after selecting R56, i get a VIN FAULTY error.

As for GTECKO's method, i could not try it because i don't have the V32 datens.

Last edited by NintenTom; 05-25-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintenTom View Post
I just tried Chernobyl's method but it doesn't seem to work for me. I ran INPA to wait for the two black dots and couldn't get them to light up no matter what. I tried going straight to NCS expert to try and read the ECU but no go, after selecting the CAS module after selecting R56, i get a VIN FAULTY error.
D'oh! When I saw your post I remembered that I forgot to include one step. Keep in mind that when you overwrite the EDIABAS files using the version 7.2.0 archive, one file that gets overwritten is the ediabas.ini file. This important file contains the configuration information for the diagnostic cable connection.

So, you need to grab a copy of the original ediabas.ini file from your original installation (you did keep a backup copy right?) and then use it to replace the file the gets extracted from the .RAR file.

I'm pretty sure that should get the new version up and running (hopefully I haven't forgotten any other steps). I've corrected my original post above to add this step.

Ordered: 9 May 08, Born: 5 Jun 08 (Production Week 23), Arrived in North America: 18 Jun 08 (via MV Mignon), At home: 15 July 08

08 MC | SS/B | Xenons | Sunroof | Auto climate | Heated seats | Electric heated front windscreen | Front&Rear fogs | Hi-Fi | White side markers | JCW grill | Front&Rear mud flaps | JL Audio TR650csi and TR400cxi speakers | Retrofitted Sport button ($4UF) | Many other NCS Expert tweaks
Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
3rd Gear

Gallery
hey Chernobyl, why not using the V32 datens replacement like we did for the alarm module mode?
was quicker and it is a small file
Love my go-kart
Old 05-26-2011, 10:15 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Woot finally got into the FRM module to disable the bulb checks. I used a combination of both GTECKO's V32 ECU daten files in the C:\EDIABAS\ECU folder along with Chernobyl's copying of the original .INI file to the newer version of EDIABAS to get it working. Thanks guys!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:21 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Mine too! Thanks cherbobyl!!

V41 on R60S all modules!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTECKO View Post
hey Chernobyl, why not using the V32 datens replacement like we did for the alarm module mode?
The main reason I'm suggesting upgrading the EDIABAS version is that it allows you to take advantage of the V41 datens and not have to worry about switching back and forth between datens depending on which ECU you want to read. Prior to updating to 7.2.0 I was unable to find a single combination of datens that would allow me to read everything.

If you're new to coding, the few extra steps above will reduce the overall fear factor associated with the process - and I think that makes it worthwhile. You won't have to worry about switching back and forth between datens or getting cryptic BEST version errors when coding. On that basis, I'd recommend adding it into your How-To instructions, but it's your choice.

Cheers!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:14 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Thanks to everyone who has contributed I managed to code this morning the following:
2011 r60
2009 r56
2008 r56
2011 r56(2 days old!)
2009, 2008 clubbie!!!

Thank you!! Keep coding!!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:38 PM
3rd Gear

Gallery
Sweet
Love my go-kart
Old 06-05-2011, 11:30 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
where to get teh V32 daten?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:35 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by donuttang View Post
where to get teh V32 daten?
File name: R56.rar File size: 21.66 MB
Old 06-06-2011, 05:49 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
thank you everyone, i got the sport button and the mpg stats......yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Where do you find the V41 datens without downloading the 13 gig 3 DVD set?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juppers View Post
Where do you find the V41 datens without downloading the 13 gig 3 DVD set?
will upload it for you in a bit.

edit: here ya go (should be 70 something mb when unzipped with 3 folders)
File name: v41_r56.zip File size: 10.46 MB
Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
i can't read FRM module :(

I tried 3 different versions : v39, v40, v41 :(
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
V41 seems to be hit or miss for me. Sometimes it will the modules, but more often than not it fails. I will try it from scratch again soon.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear

Gallery
I had to copy all the .INI files from my old C:\EDIABAS\BIN directory to my new one after laying down this new version. When I only copied the old EDIABAS.INI file, I got the VIN FAULTY error. After copying all the .INI files, it worked.

2011 JCW Hardtop Eclipse Gray/Chili Red Roof and Mirrors, Leather Lounge Championship Red, Convenience/Premium/Cold Weather Packages, Adaptive Xenons, NM Torque Arm Bushing, HSport 19mm Rear Sway Bar, O.Z. Alleggerita HLT wheels
Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
I have a 2008 S, and none of the combinations listed in this thread work. Any suggestions on where to go from here? I've tried v38, v41, v32, all of them with 6.x and 7.2 of ediabas. I'm trying to default the car so my new VO with the rear fog lights will take effect. Or if anyone knows which modules I need to reset singularly, that would be great too.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
I guess i reset enough modules cause now the rear fogs work.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:23 PM