What price should I ask?

  #1  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:14 AM
FunToMini's Avatar
FunToMini
FunToMini is offline
3rd Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 222
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
What price should I ask?

I recently put new wheels/tires on my Mini, and I'd like to sell the stock 16" wheels with stock tires and TPMS sensors. They only have right around 1200 miles on them since purchasing the car new. The wheels are black. Cant remember what name Mini calls these wheels. Haven't taken pics yet, but wanted to get opinions here on what I should ask for them price wise. They're in like-new condition.
 
  #2  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:23 AM
njaremka's Avatar
njaremka
njaremka is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,422
Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Selling OEM wheels can be tricky...

If the tires have some life left in them, find out the new retail price, and figure 50-75% cost. Might be easier to sell the wheels if the tires are off. BUT, it depends if you find the right buyer.

If the wheels are absolutely flawless, you "Might" be able to get $150-200 each. If they show any kind of wear, you might get between $100-150 each.
 
  #3  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:27 AM
StephenM's Avatar
StephenM
StephenM is offline
2nd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 104
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Can't help with the pricing, but I seem to remember you have Victory Spokes.
 
  #4  
Old 05-04-2018, 11:32 AM
FunToMini's Avatar
FunToMini
FunToMini is offline
3rd Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 222
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Tires are like new. Wheels are about a 9/10. But I hear ya and understand how it might be difficult to find a buyer. I will put them on ebay and here, but as local pick up. Thanks for input!

Originally Posted by njaremka View Post
Selling OEM wheels can be tricky...

If the tires have some life left in them, find out the new retail price, and figure 50-75% cost. Might be easier to sell the wheels if the tires are off. BUT, it depends if you find the right buyer.

If the wheels are absolutely flawless, you "Might" be able to get $150-200 each. If they show any kind of wear, you might get between $100-150 each.


Yes! Victory spokes. Thank you.

Originally Posted by StephenM View Post
Can't help with the pricing, but I seem to remember you have Victory Spokes.
 
  #5  
Old 05-04-2018, 12:28 PM
cyow5's Avatar
cyow5
cyow5 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 134
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Making them local pickup only will really limit your market. Since they have tires on them, that actually simplifies shipping - just plastic wrap with some heavy cardboard on the face, and the tire acts as the rest of the package. There are some how-to's on it for more details but this is how Tire Rack does it, and this opens you up to a ton more buyers.

Edit - ship at buyers expense, of course.
 
  #6  
Old 05-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher's Avatar
Minnie.the.Moocher
Minnie.the.Moocher is online now
6th Gear
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth PNW
Posts: 4,746
Received 404 Likes on 352 Posts
Devils advocate for realistic pricing - which I can't tell you how much.

From what I've noticed people tend to list OEM wheels at much higher prices then they eventually sell for. Since so many people take them off and replace, the market is pretty limited. If I want an extra set of winter wheels I can usually find something from someone who has traded or turned in a leased car. At that point they are sitting in the garage taking up space so they are more flexible on price.

Last set (17") I bought cost me $500 and the guy would have probably taken less.

Yours are in better shape with newer tires, etc. But then again they are RF's which people don't seem to want.
 
  #7  
Old 05-04-2018, 03:51 PM
FunToMini's Avatar
FunToMini
FunToMini is offline
3rd Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 222
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That's a good idea. Will keep this in mind. Thanks.


Originally Posted by cyow5 View Post
Making them local pickup only will really limit your market. Since they have tires on them, that actually simplifies shipping - just plastic wrap with some heavy cardboard on the face, and the tire acts as the rest of the package. There are some how-to's on it for more details but this is how Tire Rack does it, and this opens you up to a ton more buyers.

Edit - ship at buyers expense, of course.



Honestly, I'm not trying to rip anyone off with some exuberant price. Just whatever they're worth, but probably a little less. And I honestly didn't realise they were RunFlats. Ha!

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
Devils advocate for realistic pricing - which I can't tell you how much.

From what I've noticed people tend to list OEM wheels at much higher prices then they eventually sell for. Since so many people take them off and replace, the market is pretty limited. If I want an extra set of winter wheels I can usually find something from someone who has traded or turned in a leased car. At that point they are sitting in the garage taking up space so they are more flexible on price.

Last set (17") I bought cost me $500 and the guy would have probably taken less.

Yours are in better shape with newer tires, etc. But then again they are RF's which people don't seem to want.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cooSSS
R58 :: Coupé Talk (2012+)
11
05-26-2015 02:46 PM
Achilles honor
1st Gear
16
03-29-2011 08:41 PM
ClubmanCaliOC
R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+)
17
01-06-2010 09:14 PM
uzun
R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
33
10-11-2007 09:43 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What price should I ask?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: