Want to Buy - All Other Items (archive) Archived - All Other Wanted To Buy (wheels, tires and all other parts)

WTB: MINI cookie cutters

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 05:18 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I want one of the MINI cookie cutters!!!

I have an idea for the decorating: Cover the cookies (except for the windows and rims) with white icing, then paint the white with food coloring using a craft brush. It's worth trying, to get more control over the details. I'll have to give it a try, myself, on some non-MINI practice cookies.

Silver leaf can be used for the chrome bits...it's available at East Indian markets and is edible.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:46 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put me on the list for Mini cookie cutters please. I'll take metal or plastic

Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MINIclo
...Silver leaf can be used for the chrome bits...it's available at East Indian markets and is edible.
You first!

And thanks lilcoopr! It's amazing how defective they look after awhile (gotta hide the mistakes). The trees are disappearing fast.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:13 AM
lilcoopr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 89AKurt
You first!

And thanks lilcoopr! It's amazing how defective they look after awhile (gotta hide the mistakes). The trees are disappearing fast.
Your welcome, Kurt!

I'm just suprised at the demand and interest for MINI cookie cutters. I've been thinking about them for months but was too shy to post anything thinking you guys would decide I'm crazy or something...

The best part about this forum: we're all equally crazy, so anything goes

I'm going to email some cookie cutter companies in Canada and locally tonight and see what the response is...! Will let you guys know next week if I've made any progress!

Old 12-30-2006, 04:16 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
yeah let us know what you find. I wish I had the money to put into a buy right now but I don't so unless I can raise close to $1000 I can't do it. But it would be a lot of cookie cutters :P

Old 12-30-2006, 04:23 PM
everytimeidie027
6th Gear
Originally Posted by agokart
yes it is true. i was the first person to make there own mini cookie cutter. i started with another cookie cutter from a site i found on the net. it started as a VW bug, but then i cut apart another cookie cutter (a church) that we no longer used and formed what i wanted my VW one to look like a mini. we just made a few bends and added a small straight section to hold it all together. a drill and a few pop rivets and it was done. a good wash and we were making cookies! you can not worry too much of the over all shape. because as it cooks, i changes and becomes a bit different. now decorate it!

It seems that everyone forgot about the side mirrors I wanna bake some MINI cookies!

Old 12-30-2006, 07:56 PM
mini-number1
2nd Gear
Ill take one please. Metal Or Plastic.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:25 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Hey Stoopidgirl, what's the math on this? Is it something like 1000 units, at $10 or $15 each? Is it more, or less?

Sure seems like there is demand here. Would I buy one, at most any cost? Absolutely. Would I buy two? Very likely. Three? Well, now $ might enter into the equation.

Would I pre-order and pre-pay for 4, ar $20 a pop, if that's what it took to get these things made?

Yeah, probably. I am sure they'd just end up as Xmas presents or raffle prizes.

Can you assume that the demand is there to sell, say, 1000 of these? I think the answer is yes.

That, I think, just leaves the issue of the money. How to come up with the money to make the initial buy.

If you needed to order 1000 units from a manufactured, in order to get these things made, how many could you get pre-ordered and pre-paid for from folks just here on the site?

If you need each person to order 4 or more up front, to you offer them 1 for $15, 2 for $30, 3 for $45 and 4 for $50? Is there some other pricing variable you can use to get suckers like me to pre-order and pre-pay for a bunch now?

Do you accept PayPal yet?

How many could you bulk sell to some of the Mini clubs around the country? Would anything keep you from selling them in bulk and at cost to others, say, for orders of 100 or more?

I think this is entirely do-able. The demand is there, for sure. I think it's just an issue of how to pool the money in one place first.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:49 AM
HotRodPilot
3rd Gear
I'd like a MINI cookie cutter too! Count me in

Old 09-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
Reviving a thread from last year. I'm anxious to have these before the holidays this year. I've contacted several custom cookie cutter manufacturers, and so far only heard back from one (emailed them late last night). But, I sent them all pics to make a 'set' of cutters, one side view (about 6 inches long), and one front view (about 4 inches wide). (I found this picture online at http://www.m7racing.nl/docs/15_1.jpg)

I got an estimate of $6 per set to make 100 sets. These would be made out of Tin, and I am not sure how long or well Tin holds up?

I am still waiting to hear from the other companies.

Ideas/concerns/better side view with spoiler (I can't find my MINI template thingy)? Really hoping to make this a go this year.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:15 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear

$6 for each one? That barely covers material, much less time to make your own. Can both sides be used? Looks like a good group buy thing to do.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:41 PM
MINI Monkey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 89AKurt
$6 for each one? That barely covers material, much less time to make your own. Can both sides be used? Looks like a good group buy thing to do.

I agree! I would really like a set.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:34 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
I'd take a set at that price.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:18 AM
oldopelguy
3rd Gear
I'm in

At $6 a set, I'm in for 5 sets to help get these made. Let me know where to send the $.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Bradley99
3rd Gear
Mini cookie cutters

If you insist upon an authentic Mini Cooper Cookie Cutter (TM) you can get it from your dealer for $75 per copy. JCW version is extra. Both R53 and R56 versions are available.

M7 makes theirs out of carbon fiber, but it is really only one layer of carbon over fiberglass.

The Alta cutter looks nice but is the noisiest cutter out there. Some people like to hear the whine.

Palo Uber cutter is a rebranded low-cost version and starts rusting after only a few batches.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
chpsk8
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd be in for a set or two. Any way you can get the Mini Wing made with that set?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:17 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd be in for a set as well! Or 5, if that helps get them made for cheaper.

Better work on my icing skills...

Old 09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
leek
2nd Gear
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
I can inquire about having the outline of the wings made. I just don't want to be over stepping any bounds here and end up sued by MINIUSA. I'm not going to be making any $ off of this, but the manufacturer will be. He's got a VW bug on his website tho, so it must not be too big a deal?
I'll see what the cookie cutter man can do for us.
I have a feeling these 100 sets are going to fly off the shelves. Should I have more made? Maybe this guy will just start making them to sell himself? Maybe I should suggest that? What do you all think?

Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 PM
chpsk8
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brihyanna
I can inquire about having the outline of the wings made. I just don't want to be over stepping any bounds here and end up sued by MINIUSA. I'm not going to be making any $ off of this, but the manufacturer will be. He's got a VW bug on his website tho, so it must not be too big a deal?
I'll see what the cookie cutter man can do for us.
I have a feeling these 100 sets are going to fly off the shelves. Should I have more made? Maybe this guy will just start making them to sell himself? Maybe I should suggest that? What do you all think?
Maybe you can negotiate a price, then after that is settled offer to just let him have the thing with the thought that NAM members get it at the original discounted price. Or get the first 100 filled, then hand it over to him and ask for a discount for NAM.
Just a thought.

Leek: I saw that one, but to tell ya the truth it looks more like a Lorry than a Mini. If the back wheels were pushed all the way to the back of the body it would look a little more convincing. I'm thinking they just found something that looked pretty close and called it good.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:55 PM
IsAMini
6th Gear
I'd like at least 2 as well!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still down for some MINI cookie cutters.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:28 PM
kreative
4th Gear
I'd be interested in getting some cookie cutters =D

Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
StoopidGirl
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bradley99
If you insist upon an authentic Mini Cooper Cookie Cutter (TM) you can get it from your dealer for $75 per copy. JCW version is extra. Both R53 and R56 versions are available.

M7 makes theirs out of carbon fiber, but it is really only one layer of carbon over fiberglass.

The Alta cutter looks nice but is the noisiest cutter out there. Some people like to hear the whine.

Palo Uber cutter is a rebranded low-cost version and starts rusting after only a few batches.
Bwah ha ha ha ha

Good luck guys on making the cutters. I haven't had the time/resources to get some made. I have an idea and I'll hunt it out over the next couple days and let you guys know if something feasable happens.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:55 PM
D3m0N
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Put me down for a couple sets as well

Quick Reply: WTB: MINI cookie cutters