Vendor Group Buys Group Buys from the Sponsors of North American Motoring.

Helix | Spring Intercooler Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Kelly Beard
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carey P

Anyone know the part number for those clips? Or, is Helix providing a few (hint hint nudge nudge). I will be in PHX near a Mini dealer next week.
Do you need new clips? Nothing is mentioned in the helix video.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:39 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kelly Beard
Do you need new clips? Nothing is mentioned in the helix video.
You only NEED new clips if you break the original ones... Apparently they're quite fragile...

Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kelly Beard
I've seen the Helix video so many times I think I could do it in my sleep. So I plan on doing it myself.
If you can do it in your sleep, would you mind doing mine while you're there as well? LOL

Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 AM
john171
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Carey P
Anyone know the part number for those clips? Or, is Helix providing a few (hint hint nudge nudge). I will be in PHX near a Mini dealer next week.
07 13 2 757 821
10 Pcs per bag, recommend that you get 2 bags, I do not remember the cost but they weren't too expensive, considering they are a BMW part, and that I needed then NOW!
I also got them from OutMotoring once I had the time to order them and wait for their arrival, they sell them for $1.35 each.
Here is a link:
There is a second option, if you remove the fender liner you can access the clips, pinch them closed, push them out and then re-use them, but it may be that you'll break some anyway. I just found it faster, (yeah, yeah I did make a trip to the dealer, but they're only 30 minutes away, it was a beautiful day and I needed the break!! ) and easier to pop the fenders off.
Good luck, whichever route you decide on.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Originally Posted by GFMINI
Out west near i90 and 59.
Okay that's nearer to my Aunt's house in Hoffman Estates. I'm on the south side, I'm about 3 minutes from I-294 and 95th St... Maybe we can get some Chicago-area people to get together. I'm always down to cruise, shoot me a PM sometime.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
dhtguru
Neutral
Perfect Timing, I'M IN

Hopefully we will be able to get 30.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM
john171
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dhtguru
Hopefully we will be able to get 30.
Let's hope, but we only have 11 days and how many MINIacs have sent in their deposits so far?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi all,
Does anyone know if this upgrade is going to keep the car from passing smog in California? If so, is it typical practice to just remove it for smog check and then reinstall later? Thanks in advance! = )

Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MCS2011PT
Hi all,
Does anyone know if this upgrade is going to keep the car from passing smog in California? If so, is it typical practice to just remove it for smog check and then reinstall later? Thanks in advance! = )
You don't have to worry about smog with an I/C. Just bolt it on and enjoy it!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Skitts Mini
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What are we at? Helix?

Old 02-17-2013, 05:22 PM
john171
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by john171
07 13 2 757 821
10 Pcs per bag, recommend that you get 2 bags, I do not remember the cost but they weren't too expensive, considering they are a BMW part, and that I needed then NOW!
I also got them from OutMotoring once I had the time to order them and wait for their arrival, they sell them for $1.35 each.
Here is a link:
There is a second option, if you remove the fender liner you can access the clips, pinch them closed, push them out and then re-use them, but it may be that you'll break some anyway. I just found it faster, (yeah, yeah I did make a trip to the dealer, but they're only 30 minutes away, it was a beautiful day and I needed the break!! ) and easier to pop the fenders off.
Good luck, whichever route you decide on.
If you decide to get the replacement fender clips from Out Motoring, be sure to select item "M" from the pull down menu!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Carey P
3rd Gear
If you decide to get the replacement fender clips from Out Motoring, be sure to select item "M" from the pull down menu!
Thanks for all the info, man. I'm looking them up now.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Carey P
3rd Gear
Seems like there are two kinds of clips. The ones along the top of the upper grill (or whatever you call it) look more like "B".

Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 PM
LarriB
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be doing my own install also. Look's like I'll be picking up some clips from Outmotoring. Can anyone give me the quick rundown on doing the boost tubes? What's the advantage, cost and difficulty once I'm into the FMIC?

Thanks!

Larry

Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM
john171
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LarriB
I'll be doing my own install also. Look's like I'll be picking up some clips from Outmotoring. Can anyone give me the quick rundown on doing the boost tubes? What's the advantage, cost and difficulty once I'm into the FMIC?

Thanks!

Larry
If you feel comfortable doing the FMIC, doing the boost tubes will be easy.
Advantage is freer flow of air on both sides. I found it all went much easier since the front of the car was on ramps, jack stands would work just as well.
Did both tubes as well as installing the M7 piece for the H2O temp sensor at the same time.
As usual costs will vary depending on which tubes you opt for. MINI MADNESS makes a short section of metal pipe to install in the HOT side OEM tube, it eliminates the "muffler" section, that will save you some bucks. HERE IS A LINK

Last edited by john171; 02-18-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LarriB

Thanks!

Larry
If you got a 2011+ I say just get the hot side boost tube. That's what I'm doing.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:03 AM
JerseyG
1st Gear
I am considering going with a NM Eng. hot side boost tube when I have my FMIC installed. Anyone have experience with them? I will have Helix do the install since they are just across the river.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Skitts Mini
2nd Gear
NM is the way to go. The less silicone the better!

Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 AM
JerseyG
1st Gear
Thanks for the feedback! Who's got the best pricing? Anyplace I can save a buck or two would be helpful to put back in the $ pool for more mods!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Skitts Mini
2nd Gear
I got mine at mini mania. But I have seen them other places too. As far as price goes its like you said a few bucks here and there. Check way motor. For me it was about ordering from a trusted place because I know they will get it to me safe and fix any sort of issues that might arise

Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 AM
ThatCooperS
2nd Gear
I do outmotoring.com and NAM member get a monthly discount code you enter at check out. I've used them plenty of times.

Anyone know where we are at? I kinda lost count... 22 or something like that right?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:54 AM
rob-helix
1st Gear
Attention: Important Group Buy Information from Helix

Wow! what a response. With pre-orders and a couple of large wholesale orders, we're oversold! As we said in the OP, we're going to deliver the coolers immediately at the end of the group buy, on March 1. Because of a run on Helix intercoolers, we're going to have to scramble and make more. Those of you who had deposits in before this weekend (the first 20) will get delivery as scheduled.

If your deposit has already been processed, you will be receiving one of the 20 we have at the 30 intercooler rate: with free shipping at the extra special price of $579 instead of $599. We will also honor this special price for any orders that we receive between now and March 1st, but delivery will not be immediate. We have placed the core order, and have told our welder to prime and pump his machine so we can have them really soon.

Don't let this stop you from placing a deposit for the $579 price though. Once the group buy is over on March 1st, the price will go back up to $749. So, if you don't mind waiting a few extra weeks, the deal can still be had.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 AM
TonyCheckraise
4th Gear
Sweeeet! Can't believe that many people coughed up the cash! Haha

Also, Rob I'm going to drop you a PM regarding my payment method. Keep an eye open for it.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
rob-helix
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TonyCheckraise
Sweeeet! Can't believe that many people coughed up the cash! Haha

Also, Rob I'm going to drop you a PM regarding my payment method. Keep an eye open for it.
Sounds good!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM
john171
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rob-helix
Wow! what a response. With pre-orders and a couple of large wholesale orders, we're oversold! As we said in the OP, we're going to deliver the coolers immediately at the end of the group buy, on March 1. Because of a run on Helix intercoolers, we're going to have to scramble and make more. Those of you who had deposits in before this weekend (the first 20) will get delivery as scheduled.

If your deposit has already been processed, you will be receiving one of the 20 we have at the 30 intercooler rate: with free shipping at the extra special price of $579 instead of $599. We will also honor this special price for any orders that we receive between now and March 1st, but delivery will not be immediate. We have placed the core order, and have told our welder to prime and pump his machine so we can have them really soon.

Don't let this stop you from placing a deposit for the $579 price though. Once the group buy is over on March 1st, the price will go back up to $749. So, if you don't mind waiting a few extra weeks, the deal can still be had.
Amazing, Rob that is a great deal, glad I decided to get in on the group buy.
Now to be patient until it arrives!
Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Helix | Spring Intercooler Group Buy