Vendor Group Buys Group Buys from the Sponsors of North American Motoring.

DoS R55, R56, R57 MCS/JCW CAI Group Buy Terms for 2011 Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DoS R55, R56, R57 MCS/JCW CAI Group Buy for 2011!

Hi All,

It's Clint from Defenders of Speed.

We've changed our group buy terms for our popular R55, R56, & R57 MCS/JCW CAI's for 2011. Here's how group buys will now function:

A) Any NAM member, member of the "other" Mini forum, MINI Club, or group of MINI enthusiasts may contact us to set-up a group buy of our DoS CAIs. A group buy is a purchase of five (5) DoS CAI kits.

B) Anyone from an interested group or club can contact DoS concerning the group buy via email. This person ("The Organizer") will aid in organizing the group buy and helping us to find interested customers. Defenders of Speed will be responsible for announcing the group buy and gathering payments for the group buy via this thread.

C) Group buy pricing is $275.00 for each DoS MCS CAI ordered (a $35 discount per CAI). Shipping is additional and will vary based on geographic location.

D) DoS will ship the orders to the respective mailing addresses of each group buy participant upon reception of full payment from all 5 group buy participants.

D) Additional parts like noise baffles, CAI Caps, Non-MAF/Euro Spec CAI coupler kits, CAI cleaning kits, Bulkhead panels, etc . . can also be included in your purchase during the CAI group buy. The participant or organizer should simply notify us of any other parts or accessories that members of the group buy would like added to their orders. Discounts are possible depending upon the time of the year and part availability.

Please contact me via email or phone if you're interested in setting-up a group buy. We look forward to working with you in the New Year.

-Clint

Last edited by Mini'mon; 07-08-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Shipping Terms Updated!!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Signup for first DoS CAI Group Buy of 2011

Here's the first signup list for 2011. Contact Clint via email or PM if you want to join in!

Group Buy #1 Participants:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Thanks so much for your participation!

-Clint

Last edited by Mini'mon; 03-14-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM
ohnoyuji
1st Gear
Just a question to ask, CAI means Cold Air Intake, but the mushroom seems to be in the middle of the engine, would that be HAI (Hot Air Intake?)
This aint' good for performance....

Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ohnoyuji
Just a question to ask, CAI means Cold Air Intake, but the mushroom seems to be in the middle of the engine, would that be HAI (Hot Air Intake?)
The DoS CAI pull air from the stock front cold air part and mainly the cowl area. The cowl area is separate from the engine bay and this is all covered on their website.

From: http://defendersofspeed.com/store/pr...p?id_product=6

"Our system pulls air from the factory air hose as well as the large, isolated, empty void behind the bulkhead panel between the brake master cylinder and the battery via a completely enclosed filter system. The area where the hood meets the windshield is a high pressure zone at speed. This high pressure zone dumps cool air into the low pressure area behind the MINI's bulkhead panel through the factory air inlet vents at the hoodline via cowl induction*. (*A principle re-discovered and touted by GM in 1963 and used successfully to this day on race and street vehicles). Thus, with the DoS R55, R56, & R57 Turbo/"S" CAI system, a constant cool intake air supply is available to the intake.
Repeated dyno testing has shown that the Dos CAI system nets a consistent 6-to-12 whp (dependent upon other modifications) while improving engine response throughout the powerband. "

Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Looks can be deceiving . . .

Originally Posted by ohnoyuji
Originally Posted by yetti96
The DoS CAI pull air from the stock front cold air part and mainly the cowl area. The cowl area is separate from the engine bay and this is all covered on their website.

From: http://defendersofspeed.com/store/pr...p?id_product=6

"Our system pulls air from the factory air hose as well as the large, isolated, empty void behind the bulkhead panel between the brake master cylinder and the battery via a completely enclosed filter system. The area where the hood meets the windshield is a high pressure zone at speed. This high pressure zone dumps cool air into the low pressure area behind the MINI's bulkhead panel through the factory air inlet vents at the hoodline via cowl induction*. (*A principle re-discovered and touted by GM in 1963 and used successfully to this day on race and street vehicles). Thus, with the DoS R55, R56, & R57 Turbo/"S" CAI system, a constant cool intake air supply is available to the intake.
Repeated dyno testing has shown that the Dos CAI system nets a consistent 6-to-12 whp (dependent upon other modifications) while improving engine response throughout the powerband. "
Yup. We pull from both the factory air inlet and another hole that is put in in the plastic factory bulkhead panel. This isolates all the hot air from the engine compartment.

Our intake also adds airflow efficiency because we have a velocity stack/cone built into our CAI housing.

Don't hesitate to email, PM, or call if you have any questions.

-Clint

Old 01-28-2011, 08:35 PM
EtherealPanMan
1st Gear
DoS is one of a kind. I installed mine in November and the difference is nite and day. I love the new aural symphony under my hood!

It took about 3 hours to install this along with hot and cold side boost tubes and tie bar (and I am a total newb! ). This is one of the only true CAI's right now.

Thanks, Clint!

Cheers!

Old 03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I'm up for a group buy on this. I would love to have it in time for the Dragon.
Annette

Old 03-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BoCRon
I'm up for a group buy on this. I would love to have it in time for the Dragon.
Annette
Hi Annette,

Group buys are completely dependent upon the NAM community's willingness to get at least 5 folks together that all want our CAI's.

Definitely send out reminders to your MINI friends, acquaintances, the greater NAM community, and those you know on that "other" MINI enthusiast site. This would definitely help to get 5 or more group by participants together in time for The Dragon.

Thanks!

-Clint

Old 03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang it! I would have so gone in on the group buy with BoCRon!!!

EtherealPanMan, you give me hope! Ordered mine a couple of days ago (reference above "dang it!)

Last edited by Melangell; 03-12-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini'mon
Hi Annette,

Group buys are completely dependent upon the NAM community's willingness to get at least 5 folks together that all want our CAI's.

Definitely send out reminders to your MINI friends, acquaintances, the greater NAM community, and those you know on that "other" MINI enthusiast site. This would definitely help to get 5 or more group by participants together in time for The Dragon.

Thanks!

-Clint
Can you maKe a group buy thread for your intake cause I see at least 5 people on this forum that would add their names to the list. (me being one of them) And deff a small discount (from the group buy) would deff get tons more people into it. no harm in trying.. And buy making a thread just make it so people can post straight on the thread to add there names to the list instead of having them coordinate themselves. It would just be a tiny bit easier that way

Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Pre-Dragon Group Buy Announced

Here's the signup list for the 2011 "Pre-Dragon" group buy. Terms and Discount amount(s) are noted above. Contact Clint via email or PM if you want to join in! At least 5 participants are needed before parts can ship.

Pre-Dragon Group Buy Participants:

1) Achilles honor - Confirmed

2) ColinMC - Confirmed

3) raindizzle - Confirmed

4) Kaidaddy - Confirmed

5) jcarlos914 - Confirmed

Thanks so much for your participation! Provided that the 2nd half of your downpayment + shipping is received, these parts will ship on Friday 3/25 .

-Clint

Last edited by Mini'mon; 03-19-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added folks to group buy
Old 03-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
I got some PM's & emails about getting a group buy in motion. I have some names penciled-in. Those who PM'd & emailed just confirm that you'd like to move forward with the group buy offline.

Thanks!

-Clint

Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I got some PM's & emails about getting a group buy in motion. I have some names penciled-in. Those who PM'd & emailed just confirm that you'd like to move forward with the group buy offline.

Thanks!

-Clint
So are they not adding to our list??

Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor

Thanks!

-Clint
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
So are they not adding to our list??
Hi Achilles honor,

Where is your list? If you have one started, send folks to this thread. DoS won't be checking elsewhere for interested parties. (We do some preemptive cat herding on all our group buys. One person contacts DoS to start the group buy and we then announce it here. It makes things easier.)

All CAI group buy participants should send a PM, email, or note their intention to join said group buy on this thread.

Thanks for your interest in DoS

-Clint

Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Hi Achilles honor,

Where is your list? If you have one started, send folks to this thread. DoS won't be checking elsewhere for interested parties. (We do some preemptive cat herding on all our group buys. One person contacts DoS to start the group buy and we then announce it here. It makes things easier.)

All CAI group buy participants should send a PM, email, or note their intention to join said group buy on this thread.

Thanks for your interest in DoS

-Clint
Oh I was talking about the group that you had "penciled in" I was wondering if they were wanting to do their own private group buy or where they going to be added with the group with me and boCRon?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Oh I was talking about the group that you had "penciled in" I was wondering if they were wanting to do their own private group buy or where they going to be added with the group with me and boCRon?
Hi Achilles,

BoCRon sent me an email today stating that NAM locked that private group buy thread. All group buys need to be announced by the vendor providing the parts.

Should I confirm your participation in the group buy? If so, please send me an email or PM with your contact info and your intention to join the group buy.

Best,

-Clint

Old 03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
PM sent!

Old 03-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
PM sent!
You're in. I'll send you an invoice for your 50% downpayment later today.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Are you gonna email it to me?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Are you gonna email it to me?
I will send you a notification via email, but that's it -- no personal info is shared over email. Everything else is done safely and securely via PayPal.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I will send you a notification via email, but that's it -- no personal info is shared over email. Everything else is done safely and securely via PayPal.
well sent the downpayment.. all ready for people to start joining the group buy

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
well sent the downpayment.. all ready for people to start joining the group buy
Thanks! We are too!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 PM
nics.sd
3rd Gear
I wish I had known about this before I bought mine!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:21 PM
ColinMc
4th Gear
PM Sent

Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ColinMc
PM Sent
yay we have a third

Quick Reply: DoS R55, R56, R57 MCS/JCW CAI Group Buy Terms for 2011 Announced!