Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Can 215/60/16 fit on r56

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 06:40 PM
duncn
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can 215/60/16 fit on r56

I have an r56, just got 16" rims and I’m going for a somewhat off-road looking build. I am getting a 2" lift kit and adjustable coilovers in the future. Now my question is will I have enough space for a (205 or 215) /60/16 tire to fit on my r56 with the lift and coils. I am also somewhat new to the car world so any and all advice/constructive criticism is welcome, thanks.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:26 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by duncn
I have an r56, just got 16" rims and I’m going for a somewhat off-road looking build. I am getting a 2" lift kit and adjustable coilovers in the future. Now my question is will I have enough space for a (205 or 215) /60/16 tire to fit on my r56 with the lift and coils. I am also somewhat new to the car world so any and all advice/constructive criticism is welcome, thanks.
What is your intended use for the MINI? Why are you going with a lift kit? How much final change in ride height are you looking for? (adjustable coilovers allows some ride height change beyond the lift kit).

What tires were you going to use in 215/60-16? Not that much to choose from.

215/60-16 fits rims 6 to 7.5", perfect for 6.5", tire diameter 26.3".

Generally for R56 and OEM suspension you can run tires with tire diameter of about 25" so with a lift kit you likely will be OK. However the tires you choose will be critical for how everything will work for you.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:04 PM
duncn
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by minihune
What is your intended use for the MINI? Why are you going with a lift kit? How much final change in ride height are you looking for? (adjustable coilovers allows some ride height change beyond the lift kit).

What tires were you going to use in 215/60-16? Not that much to choose from.

215/60-16 fits rims 6 to 7.5", perfect for 6.5", tire diameter 26.3".

Generally for R56 and OEM suspension you can run tires with tire diameter of about 25" so with a lift kit you likely will be OK. However the tires you choose will be critical for how everything will work for you.
The main reason I’m going with a lift is because the college I’m planning on attending gets a ton of snow so I wanted my mini to be a little more off the ground and have some bigger tires/more options for snow tires or all terrains etc. I’m probably looking for about a final ride height 2.25-2.5" higher than it is right now. Another reason for the lift is to do some very mild trail riding and outdoorsy adventuring.
The rims I got are (Focal F52's) 16x7 +40mm and for tires I’m looking at Continental Purecontact LS 215/60/16, Tire Rack says that they have a tire diameter of 26.2" so going off of what you said I should be okay.
Still have no clue about how it will ride but it'd be nice to see my idea come to fruition.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:42 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Overall it looks like your plan will be fine and work for your intended use.

Grand Touring All Season tires are generally-
Good for street use in dry, wet or light snow
Good for less noise and more comfort
OK on treadlife

Another tire worth looking at in the same tire class and size (Michelin CrossClimate 2)-
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve....jsp?type=GTAS (Top rated by owners)
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=279

Old 05-14-2022, 06:43 PM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
Pictures of finished product please!

Old 03-22-2023, 10:45 AM
jermaine.guiterrez
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by duncn
The main reason I’m going with a lift is because the college I’m planning on attending gets a ton of snow so I wanted my mini to be a little more off the ground and have some bigger tires/more options for snow tires or all terrains etc. I’m probably looking for about a final ride height 2.25-2.5" higher than it is right now. Another reason for the lift is to do some very mild trail riding and outdoorsy adventuring.
The rims I got are (Focal F52's) 16x7 +40mm and for tires I’m looking at Continental Purecontact LS 215/60/16, Tire Rack says that they have a tire diameter of 26.2" so going off of what you said I should be okay.
Still have no clue about how it will ride but it'd be nice to see my idea come to fruition.
Thank you for reply! This is a practical example of how education can be relevant to real-life situations. By learning about the weather patterns and conditions in the area where they plan to attend college, the writer is able to make an informed decision about how to modify their vehicle for better performance in those conditions. If you need some help with your studies try online essays order and save your time.

Additionally, the writer mentions wanting to engage in outdoor activities and mild trail riding. This is an example of experiential learning, where the writer is using their interests and hobbies to inform their decisions about their vehicle modifications. By exploring the outdoors and participating in these activities, the writer can gain hands-on experience and knowledge about how their modifications are performing and what changes might need to be made in the future.

Overall, this forum post highlights how education can be applied to real-world situations and how experiential learning can be an important aspect of personal growth and development.

Last edited by jermaine.guiterrez; 03-23-2023 at 03:43 AM.