Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

how to remove the darn hubcap???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 12:15 PM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
how to remove the darn hubcap???

I know this sounds lame, but I tried to remove the hubcap to get to the lug bolts for my MC with the 15" alloy 8 spokes.....I pulled gently using the hubcap puller tool, but the hubcap would bend and I did not want to force it.....is there some sort of retaining bolt beneath the black MINI logo in the center of my wheel? techniques??

Also, I read that some people have had problem actually taking the wheel off as corrosion sort of adheres it to the car...how common is this?

Old 12-19-2004, 12:28 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have a look at my article below. You might just try a different hole to gently pull back on with the hubcap tool.

http://www.littlemini.us/technical/r...ires/index.asp

Originally Posted by umberto
I know this sounds lame, but I tried to remove the hubcap to get to the lug bolts for my MC with the 15" alloy 8 spokes.....I pulled gently using the hubcap puller tool, but the hubcap would bend and I did not want to force it.....is there some sort of retaining bolt beneath the black MINI logo in the center of my wheel? techniques??

Also, I read that some people have had problem actually taking the wheel off as corrosion sort of adheres it to the car...how common is this?

Old 12-19-2004, 12:49 PM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
hey octane guy

Nice web site Octane Guy! Thanks!.....so I shouldn't be so gentle...I should just give it a good yank to pull it off, right? Nothing in the center that could be holding it on?