Suspension Dropped my Chocolate

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 01:27 PM
JasonGSD
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dropped my Chocolate

Motoring Magic just installed NM's GT 25mm Sway Bar and their new springs which NM just got in stock. On the way home I took the canyons and then the pacific coast highway to get reacquainted. She drivesmuch smoother and more comfortable around the turns; it feels like Im being pulled through a turn rather than fighting it. I can hardly tell if the ride is more harsh/stiff which I'm pleased about. I can't recommend the combo enough.

Scott at Motoring Magic had a great line, "Better suspension will make you drive a lot faster than more horsepower ever will."

Attached Thumbnails Dropped my Chocolate-1.jpg   Dropped my Chocolate-2.jpg   Dropped my Chocolate-3.jpg  
Old 04-28-2016, 07:04 AM
randomquickness
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
running the same setup (although with the older springs, is there a difference?) and I love it. Sounds like this Scott guy is a wise man!

Old 05-01-2016, 12:52 PM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonGSD
Motoring Magic just installed NM's GT 25mm Sway Bar and their new springs which NM just got in stock. On the way home I took the canyons and then the pacific coast highway to get reacquainted. She drivesmuch smoother and more comfortable around the turns; it feels like Im being pulled through a turn rather than fighting it. I can hardly tell if the ride is more harsh/stiff which I'm pleased about. I can't recommend the combo enough.

Scott at Motoring Magic had a great line, "Better suspension will make you drive a lot faster than more horsepower ever will."
What setting is the sway bar set at? Does the 25 mm make the car too twitchy? I was thinking of getting this one, just not sure if it is better to go 25mm or 22 mm . No sure what the compromise is between the two besides a $100. If money isn't the issue, why would you buy the 25 over the 22 and vice versus.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:03 PM
JasonGSD
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jetmechinnc
What setting is the sway bar set at? Does the 25 mm make the car too twitchy? I was thinking of getting this one, just not sure if it is better to go 25mm or 22 mm . No sure what the compromise is between the two besides a $100. If money isn't the issue, why would you buy the 25 over the 22 and vice versus.

Do yourself a favor and call Jerry and ask him to explain. Apparently there's a fitting on the stock mini and the 22 that is very cheaply made and can cause noise sometimes it also makes it much harder and more expensive to regressed which you're supposed to do once a year. The 25 on the lowest setting is supposed to be like the 22 on the medium/high. Car is not twitchy to me though I probably wouldn't notice if it was. Seriously just call Jerry, he's a great source of info and tell him Jason with the brown mini sent you

Old 08-29-2016, 06:01 PM
AtariRada
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JasonGSD
Do yourself a favor and call Jerry and ask him to explain. Apparently there's a fitting on the stock mini and the 22 that is very cheaply made and can cause noise sometimes it also makes it much harder and more expensive to regressed which you're supposed to do once a year. The 25 on the lowest setting is supposed to be like the 22 on the medium/high. Car is not twitchy to me though I probably wouldn't notice if it was. Seriously just call Jerry, he's a great source of info and tell him Jason with the brown mini sent you
Agreed. I spoke to Jerry and after that conversation it was a no brainer to go with 25mm. Mine is set to medium and the balance is perfect.