Suspension Cravenspeed Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 11:52 AM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Cravenspeed Springs

I'm trying to decide between NM and Cravenspeed springs. I know the NM springs are good and have done my research on them, but now I'm trying to see if anyone is running the Cravenspeed setup and looking for reviews from actual users. I have the Sport Suspension on my car.
I'm ordering the following suspension parts within the next couple of weeks and need to make a decision on the springs.

NM 22mm RSB
NM sway bar links
Helix adjustable rear control arms
Springs???

Old 03-26-2016, 04:07 PM
blue al
4th Gear
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Swifts if you can wait....might be good based on previous generations

Old 03-26-2016, 04:21 PM
vetsvette
This is gonna happen the next week or so. I've been waiting to hear from/about Swift springs for the F cars, but don't want to wait any longer.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:08 PM
ryanschram
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am installing the craven speed ones today. literally in under an hour. i'll let you know what i think

Old 04-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Antberrie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I look forward to your review. I've been trying to get NM springs for 3 months...still back ordered Cravenspeed is my next option.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:35 PM
vetsvette
I just placed an order with Outmotoring Thursday for NM springs, RSB, and end links. So far I haven't heard anything about B/O on the springs. But, then again, I don't have a tracking number either. If the NM springs are in fact unavailable I'll be going with the Cravenspeed. The reason I ordered the NM in the first place was because there are a lot of people running them, hence, a lot of positive feedback. Thread has been up for a week and no responses on the Cravenspeed.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:06 AM
ryanschram
4th Gear
install was a breeze. no need to remove the rear sway bar end links. use your wheel hangar as a platform and someone heavy can put enough weight on it to pull out the spring.

also, highly recommend getting new front end links, i f'd mine up putting the front back together. stripped out the t27. they're on enough, but they rattle a little. now the search for new ones, not factory so that its not a PITA too, hopefully whiteline. I'll do a traditional nut on the back and front, there is enough space to do so.

On to the ride and looks. Looks-wise: immediately drops an inch and they will settle.

Ride is better than factory JCW. I only drove it for about an hour last night, but it is immediately noticeable that the ride is much improved even with runcraps. admittedly, i have the stock 205's stretched on a 8" wheel, but it is drastically better.

I too was sick of waiting on NM, and the quality of the cravenspeed is top notch.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:29 AM
rcsummers
Neutral
^ Pics!

Love to see the drop the NM give.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:31 AM
ryanschram
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rcsummers
^ Pics!

Love to see the drop the NM give.
I think you meant Cravenspeed. Also, it snowed here last night. But it will be 60 tomorrow. Gotta love Wisconsin weather in Spring!

Old 04-02-2016, 08:44 AM
rcsummers
Neutral
Originally Posted by ryanschram
I think you meant Cravenspeed. Also, it snowed here last night. But it will be 60 tomorrow. Gotta love Wisconsin weather in Spring!
oops, i mean craven. saw NM in the last sentence, and went into autopilot while typing.

we're just starting to get spring here in NJ, but snows in the forecast for monday :(

Old 04-02-2016, 11:07 AM
GPMini
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I ordered NM springs from WAY back in December. Still on backorder, with time frame of being available. He offered to send the the Cravenspeed springs, but so far I have declined due to there being no feedback on them as mentioned. But I'm getting sick and tired of waiting, especially for something so simple.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:29 PM
vetsvette
I just emailed Outmotoring. Told them to substitute Cravenspeed springs if the NM are on B/O. I'm not in that much of a hurry because the Helix Adjustable Control Arms won't be ready until the first part of May. I want to get it all done at once instead of doing it piecemeal.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Ghost56
Neutral
I have been running cravenspeed springs on my f56 s since December. While I do love the springs I do think they are a little too soft but did give an ok drop. I also did not have the sport suspension on my f56.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Antberrie
2nd Gear
Vets,

Please let me know your impressions once you get the Cravenspeed springs installed. I've given up on NM.

Thanks.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 PM
vetsvette
Roger that. I'm calling Outmotoring tomorrow to check status on the order. If NM is on B/O I'll go with Cravenspeed. Can't go wrong with either one as far as reputation for quality parts.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:26 PM
blue al
4th Gear
I'm being pushed towards springs,
although I had springs, then coilovers on my R53 so I really do appreciate the difference

The downsides on the f56 for me Up grading from factory VDC is a load of extra money
if you don't want to be throwing up codes, sensor adaptors from kW or bilstien will be at least £200.00

No one is yet offering camber, (think their might be an option for 2017) perhaps nitron with challenge car
hub carrier upgrade will be £400.00 for a tiny amount of camber

If I follow factory with the Jcw, that's £1600.00 fitted by my local dealers, or kW v2/3
For £1100-1500
Need to get full geo set up on top, inc corner weighted, perhaps adj drop links

These are some serious numbers, to end up with something still very compromised compared to what I had on my 10 year old R53

So I'm happy to consider some Spring options, even though I know that coilovers are "better"

Old 04-05-2016, 09:18 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Heads Up: We only have a few sets of F56 springs left before we will be on backorder too. I expect to have a new run ready in May but we do not have enough in stock to last until then. Thanks for your interest!

Old 04-07-2016, 07:14 AM
ryanschram
4th Gear
sorry pics took so long. weather has been crap.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks great, Ryan. Anyone contemplating lowering their suspension can find some good tips in this article.

http://new.minimania.com/MINI_Cooper_Lowering_Springs

Old 04-07-2016, 09:44 PM
honderpilot
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nm redesigned their springs which is why they are on back order. 10/10 recommend them.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 PM
blue al
4th Gear
What's the redesign?
Harder or softer
Taller or shorter?

Or is that marketing speak for Just changed their supplier ?

Will this mean we get nm blue back?

Last edited by blue al; 04-08-2016 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Last question is the most important
Old 04-08-2016, 01:50 PM
honderpilot
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As far as I know they will be a little firmer with the same height. That's what Jerry told me last time I talked to him, he offered to ship me a test set to replace my current nm springs but I don't wanna go through the process of taking them off and switching them. I'm not sure about colors though. I've never had issues and I always get complements on them. NM makes great products and I've heard some negative things about cravenspeed products but haven't tried them out so I have no room to speak.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:12 PM
vetsvette
I've had quite a few of Cravenspeeds parts on the F56 and on the R56 I had prior. Never had a single complaint about their stuff. After experiencing their customer service first hand I am confident that if you ever had a problem with their products they will make it right.
I just got off the phone with Gary at NM and was told that my springs, RSB, and end links will ship Monday. My new adjustable control arms will arrive Tuesday. The only reason I went with NM springs is it was easier ordering everything from one dealer. Now I need to work on setting up installation.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:36 AM
ryanschram
4th Gear
Originally Posted by vetsvette
I've had quite a few of Cravenspeeds parts on the F56 and on the R56 I had prior. Never had a single complaint about their stuff. After experiencing their customer service first hand I am confident that if you ever had a problem with their products they will make it right.
I just got off the phone with Gary at NM and was told that my springs, RSB, and end links will ship Monday. My new adjustable control arms will arrive Tuesday. The only reason I went with NM springs is it was easier ordering everything from one dealer. Now I need to work on setting up installation.
adjustable control arms? and who makes them?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:53 AM
vetsvette
NM Engineering. And Megan Racing. And Helix will have one for the F56 soon after MOTD. They'll have a prototype at their tent on vendors row. If I wasn't so impatient I would have waited for the Helix units. They're priced in between NM and Megan and come standard with some features that are either not available on one or an extra cost option on the other.

Quick Reply: Suspension Cravenspeed Springs