Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension Add my voice to those recommending Koni FSDs and the Hotchkis H-Comp bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 AM
St_G
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add my voice to those recommending Koni FSDs and the Hotchkis H-Comp bar

Got these installed about two weeks ago and yes, they're as good as everyone says. Did them at the same time (as well as getting Michelin Pilot Super Sports) so I can't separate the effects of one from the others, but the overall effect is that THIS is the car MINI should have sold in the first place. Gone is the dartiness mid-corner. Gone is most of the body roll on sweepers. Gone is the tooth rattling hard hits on broken pavement. Gone is the wooden-wagon-wheel jounce on the highway. This car is now both more comfortable AND faster and more agile than before.

Whether because of the more forgiving rubber, the more compliant dampers or the stiffer bar holding the rear end, the entire car feels tighter, more together, better constructed than it did.

Most importantly, especially given the costs involved, these changes have made both my inner hoon and my wife happier. And that's, as the old MasterCard ads said, priceless.

Sent from my phone using NAMotoring, which is why I've probably mistyped something.