Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension Eibach Coilovers experience anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 PM
NintenTom
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eibach Coilovers experience anyone?

Hey guys. I was just browsing through Eibach's website and looking at what's available and i noticed they have coilovers for the R56 too. Has anyone had any experience with these for both track and daily driving? How well do they perform versus other coilover kits like Bilsteins or KW's etc? I do a few hpde's a year and the car is my DD as well. Thanks!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:55 AM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NintenTom
Hey guys. I was just browsing through Eibach's website and looking at what's available and i noticed they have coilovers for the R56 too. Has anyone had any experience with these for both track and daily driving? How well do they perform versus other coilover kits like Bilsteins or KW's etc? I do a few hpde's a year and the car is my DD as well. Thanks!
I do quite a bit of track and some street. I did have Eibach coils before moving on. Which specific coil are you thinking about?

Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 PM
NintenTom
4th Gear
I was looking at either the MULTI-PRO-R1 KIT (HEIGHT & ONE-WAY DAMPER ADJUSTABLE COIL-OVERS) or just the PRO-STREET COIL-OVER KIT (HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE ONLY). But the pro-street is still "Currently in Development."

Old 04-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We ran the Multi-Pro 2's on our R56 JCW street class car. Clint Boisdeau went undefeated in that car and took the season championship for FWD in the 2010 Redline Time Attack series.

I was using them on my daily too for a lil and they worked great. They use a low rated spring, something like 200 lb, and high gas pressure so they don't rattle the car apart.

I only stopped using them because the optional upper pillow mounts were worn out from racing, but you can pick up better ones from another company.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
NintenTom
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mike@Tech Division
We ran the Multi-Pro 2's on our R56 JCW street class car. Clint Boisdeau went undefeated in that car and took the season championship for FWD in the 2010 Redline Time Attack series.

I was using them on my daily too for a lil and they worked great. They use a low rated spring, something like 200 lb, and high gas pressure so they don't rattle the car apart.

I only stopped using them because the optional upper pillow mounts were worn out from racing, but you can pick up better ones from another company.
For a budget range up to $1700, which brand(s) would you go for? AST, bilstein, etc.? Like i said, the car is my DD for school and work and the occasional HPDE's in summer and fall.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:40 PM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I hated my multi-pro r1. No adjustability, bottoms out. It so bad after 4k miles I got rid of it. It tore two cv boots in 1 month costing me $$$. Get as far away from that crap as you can.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM
NintenTom
4th Gear
Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to just switch to new shocks/springs for the time being until i actually want to move to an entire coilover setup. How does koni yellows and Swift spring setup sound for my car's usage of DD and occasional HPDE's a year? Thanks again.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NintenTom
Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to just switch to new shocks/springs for the time being until i actually want to move to an entire coilover setup. How does koni yellows and Swift spring setup sound for my car's usage of DD and occasional HPDE's a year? Thanks again.
The Koni yellows are a popular choice for DD / occasional track use. Paired with something like a swift or our ABF spec'd eibach spring they make for a pretty solid budget suspension.

The rears are top adjustable, so they suck to get to unless you don't mind pulling them out or drilling. Honestly though you could leave them at or near full soft and adjust your rear grip with tire pressure.