Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

synthetic oils and the MINI

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
theoldkid
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gizzer777
Hey...
and never forget the LIESURE SUIT...might find one or more in your pan

BTW...you will be surprised about how many of us old farts are mini drivers!

Is beautiful today and about 40 degrees...MINI WEATHER (Bunn Warmers on of course!)!!!! Later!

Regards
jeff
Oh yeah..... the bun warmers are great....the temp here has been in the 20's with highs in the mid 30's.... the heat is on!

ed

Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
norm03s
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theoldkid
Oh yeah..... the bun warmers are great....the temp here has been in the 20's with highs in the mid 30's.... the heat is on!

ed
Fill in your location so we can see where your at!

Old 12-05-2006, 04:00 PM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Dug up a Pic taken this year

ed
Even though I am in it (the guy in front of the pepper white mini) Here is a Pic from this past summer on that road to Markleyville CA...see that twisty...there are tons of em and oh...what a sky 6000 ft up. This is where my GPS was out of it! It was about 100 degrees here and 112 in the valley!

In the second one, we found markleyville and were running towards the only restaurant....the town woke up I guess...remember this land grows Pickups!

jeff

Attached Thumbnails synthetic oils and the MINI-jeff-and-his-mini_markleyville-run.jpg   synthetic oils and the MINI-merkleyville.jpg  

Last edited by gizzer777; 12-05-2006 at 04:11 PM. Reason: add Pic
Old 12-06-2006, 11:13 AM
theoldkid
1st Gear
I have not gotten to drive any real twistys just yet, but that day is coming! I have patience! Some....
I have come up with a new name for the MINI..... are you ready for this one......
Are you sure?

It is the Swiss Army Car.
I have to work on the graphics for that one!

ed

Old 12-06-2006, 11:38 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
HaHa

I have not gotten to drive any real twistys just yet, but that day is coming! I have patience! Some....
I have come up with a new name for the MINI..... are you ready for this one......
Are you sure?

It is the Swiss Army Car.
I have to work on the graphics for that one!

ed
HaHa Now to find a Swiss Army Dealer

Filters are due tomorrow...Buying some More Mobile One today...I decided since I NEVER exceed 5000 mi before a change,...I am sure Mobile One will be just fine! Besides, My MCS would look funny in a Neru jacket! Also will install the Fumato while I am at it.....NOW TO LOCATE THAT GARAGE HEATER...or all bets are off until it warms up a little!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 PM
theoldkid
1st Gear
Originally Posted by norm03s
Fill in your location so we can see where your at!
I am located in the little town of Gaithersburg, MD. Just a few (18) miles north of the thriving political capital of DC.

ed

Old 12-06-2006, 02:30 PM
gizzer777
5th Gear
To The oldkid

I am located in the little town of Gaithersburg, MD. Just a few (18) miles north of the thriving political capital of DC.

ed
Would be good to go to user control panel (on the forum board...left side) and fill in what you wish...That way it will apear each time you post...(in the upper right side of your post) Being the lazy type, I just did it myself after being here since last March (was reminded when the other poster asked where you were!.....Just a suggestion...

Regards
Jeff

Old 12-06-2006, 03:31 PM
theoldkid
1st Gear
I will check it out!
Thanks

Old 12-10-2006, 04:04 AM
theoldkid
1st Gear
Filters are due tomorrow...Buying some More Mobile One today...I decided since I NEVER exceed 5000 mi before a change,...I am sure Mobile One will be just fine! Besides, My MCS would look funny in a Neru jacket! Also will install the Fumato while I am at it.....NOW TO LOCATE THAT GARAGE HEATER...or all bets are off until it warms up a little![/QUOTE]

Did you find the heater and get the oil changed out... Do you get your filters from the dealer?

ed

Old 12-10-2006, 06:46 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
No heater yet

Filters are due tomorrow...Buying some More Mobile One today...I decided since I NEVER exceed 5000 mi before a change,...I am sure Mobile One will be just fine! Besides, My MCS would look funny in a Neru jacket! Also will install the Fumato while I am at it.....NOW TO LOCATE THAT GARAGE HEATER...or all bets are off until it warms up a little!
Did you find the heater and get the oil changed out... Do you get your filters from the dealer?

ed[/quote]

Hi Ed.
Nope...the heater must be up in the attic loft (great planning)
Filters came in (OEM filters from Moss Mini) along with the purchase of the Mobile One the other day. No rush since I do not really drive the Mini in winter anyway and I am not quite at 5000 miles yet...Have done changes a few times before...No biggie at all! It really wouldn't matter if I exceeded the 5000mi by a few anyway in a pinch...just my own regimen. Ya don't save any $$ on filters but I would rather support Moss than my dealership...again, they have oem filters and I was ordering some stuff anyway

Had already flushed out the brown gunk from the Cooling system (which Mini says is normal...BULL) with a Vacufill fill machine (got the radiator, block and heater core without disconnecting the lower hose either...3 fresh water flushes before it turned clear so I could add the 50/50 Coolant/distilled h20 mix using Mini coolant (wierd stuff)!)...

I think that was more important since the corrosion inhibitors had begun to break down after a little less than 3 years...Mini refused to honor or even locate the TSB about brown coolant issue so I sent them an invoice from another NAMER (mentioning that TSB)...NO RESPONSE which I did not expect anyway

While I was at it I picked up a set of Lens protectors from Moss Mini ($39) I have Xenons and this stuff is really thick...also an easy application...except it also comes with protectors for the parking lights and fogs which are tough to squeegee out the water from (big squeegee...small lenses)....also came with another set of larger than the parking light protectors that I have no idea what to do with...Like a clear bra for your lights! THICK 3M stuff!
Jeff

Old 12-19-2006, 02:55 PM
theoldkid
1st Gear
Merry Christmas

I just wanted to wish all of you on this thread a very Merry Christmas!

Motor On

ed

Old 12-21-2006, 05:39 AM
theoldkid
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gizzer777
HaHa Now to find a Swiss Army Dealer

Thanks for the info on Moss. I will be ordering their oil valve and some other cool stuff.
I am getting ready to do an oil change to clear out the initial oil and stuff and get started with the RedLine.

Have a wonderful holiday and we will talk later!

ed