Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

When should I see Boost on Dealer Boost Guage Option?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 12:31 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When should I see Boost on Dealer Boost Guage Option?

I need some help and opinions about something that is bothering me about my new MCS...

I just took delivery of an '06 MCS with many options, including the dealer installed boost / voltmeter guage pod. I'm following the recomended break in procedures very closely; I havent shifted at above 4800 rpm, have not exceded 72 mph, and have not pushed the gas pedal down past 1/2 way.

That being said, my boost guage has never gone past the 0 in between vacuum and boost. I'm new to boost guages, but I believe that the left side of the guage is vacuum and the right side is boost. It rests at between 20 and 15 and flies right up to 0 when i push the pedal down...

Could some one please give me some advice about this, I've only had the car for a week and I want to make sure everything is cool with it, casue if its not, i want it fixed PRONTO!

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ryan

Old 10-22-2005, 12:40 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
There is another thread on NAM asking a similar question, but no one has mentioned boost and i believe it is going in an opposite direction of my question, so I've started this, more specific, thread...

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=53405

Old 10-22-2005, 01:24 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TrippleBeem
I need some help and opinions about something that is bothering me about my new MCS...

I just took delivery of an '06 MCS with many options, including the dealer installed boost / voltmeter guage pod. I'm following the recomended break in procedures very closely; I havent shifted at above 4800 rpm, have not exceded 72 mph, and have not pushed the gas pedal down past 1/2 way.

That being said, my boost guage has never gone past the 0 in between vacuum and boost. I'm new to boost guages, but I believe that the left side of the guage is vacuum and the right side is boost. It rests at between 20 and 15 and flies right up to 0 when i push the pedal down...

Could some one please give me some advice about this, I've only had the car for a week and I want to make sure everything is cool with it, casue if its not, i want it fixed PRONTO!

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ryan
they tapped into the wrong line, the tapped a vac line, not the correct line from the manifold.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:31 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Yeah, tat must be the case, it shows NO boost whatsoever! I just called and set an 11:00am appointment on monday to have it looked at/fixed. I WILL be getting a loaner vehicle..

PLEASE continue to give me advice on this issue, i need lots of support from the NAM community..

Ryan

Old 10-22-2005, 02:38 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Should I make sure that they seal up the vacuum line well? can this casue probs?

Ryan

Old 10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
they are just going to move the tap from one end of a line, to another end of a line, they will just plug it back in where they took it off of, nothing that really needs to be resealed.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:50 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Cool, its funny becasue Mini USA just called me to do my satisfaction quiz. I told her that i would need to re-schedule becasue iw as dealing with the dealership on an issue that would directly affect my satisfaction rating. We rescheduled for wednesday, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm going to try and get the dealership to install the JCW intake with no labour charge as an acomidation to make sure i'm happy... we'll see if that happens!

Ryan

Old 10-22-2005, 03:55 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TrippleBeem

I'm going to try and get the dealership to install the JCW intake with no labour charge as an acomidation to make sure i'm happy... we'll see if that happens!

Ryan
haha good luck!

might as well just ask for it and install it yourself!

i always give my dealer (Classic) crappy ratings.

Sure, the showroom staff is great, but trying to get good service over there is like pulling teeth. my SA, Zach is great! Hes always very helpful, but the mechanic what works on the MINI's is a real SOB. when i was in there to have my brake lights fixed, he was like irritated to have to fix my car. Its like, cmon, jerk, i'm paying for you to fix something i screwed up, shut the mouth and fix it!

then they pulled ALL the electrical stuff out of the car, even remved my radar detector that was plugged into the cig lighter.

all the mechanics know is what they were taught, and nothing else. try and explain anything thats above their traning to them and they just stare at you as if you were speaking in a different language!!!

Old 10-22-2005, 03:56 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
wow, that was a rant, sorry for jacking your thread!

Old 10-22-2005, 04:04 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rednwhitecooper
wow, that was a rant, sorry for jacking your thread!
S' Cool, I've had similar experiences with Honda dealerships from my last new car (2002 Civic 4dr). Me and my best freind (who is a mechanic, and is as we speak right now putting a new transmission into my BMW 2002) coudl easily put the intake in, but I don't want to give Knauz Mini/BMW any chance to attempt to f#$k with my warranty (which has been extended).

Ryan