Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

turner motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:26 PM
trickedmotoring
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turner motorsports

hey guys, just trying to find out if anyone has used any of turner motorsports mods. My main question is has anyone had much experience with their ecu tuning software, or any of the shark injector type. I did a searh but did not find much dealing with that type of software.
thanks,
tim

Old 10-04-2005, 06:38 AM
DrkSilvrMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by trickedmotoring
hey guys, just trying to find out if anyone has used any of turner motorsports mods. My main question is has anyone had much experience with their ecu tuning software, or any of the shark injector type. I did a searh but did not find much dealing with that type of software.
thanks,
tim
I hear shark injector is basically a waste of money. Go for MTH, Giac. Something along those companys.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:06 AM
Wookie
4th Gear
Let's hope this doesn't turn into another JCW vs DINAN thread...

I was looking at the TMS offerings for x-mas presents to myself, and am considering the [font=Times New-Roman][size=2][size=2]TMS/Conforti Shark Injector software as well. I had the Conforti chip in my E30 and what a HUGE difference it made in that.

I've heard good things about the MINI software from Conforti, and I've heard people not liking them b/c they're not one of the "mainstream" companies. I think they're all pretty close at this point. Go with what you can justify as the right choice for you. For me, I like that I can drive over to Amesbury and talk to the guys at TMS in person, that works for me.
[/size]
[/size][/font]

Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 AM
NeilM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DrkSilvrMini
I hear shark injector is basically a waste of money.
And your facts to back that up are...?

Neil
05 MCS
96 M3 - Conforti software and one or two other things

Old 10-04-2005, 07:33 AM
DrkSilvrMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by NeilM
And your facts to back that up are...?

Neil
05 MCS
96 M3 - Conforti software and one or two other things
If your asking for some kind of write up then i dont have it, but from talking to someone that knows minis and works on them for a living and knows em like the back of his hand, and discussing ECU flashes its not the best for the car.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Wookie
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DrkSilvrMini
If your asking for some kind of write up then i dont have it, but from talking to someone that knows minis and works on them for a living and knows em like the back of his hand, and discussing ECU flashes its not the best for the car.
How does the TMS software remapping differ from the MTH, GIAC, DINAN etc.. remapping. Isn't it all flashing?

Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 AM
DrkSilvrMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Aaron_NH-MCS
How does the TMS software remapping differ from the MTH, GIAC, DINAN etc.. remapping. Isn't it all flashing?
Yes they are all remapping but certain companys can tune certain parts of the motor to meet your needs for the mods that you have done to your car.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 AM
lsd05jcw
3rd Gear
turner

My experience with Turner has been very positive for computer upgrades and hardware on my previous bmw. They are available via phone for questions. Their operation has grown over the years due to Will Turner being a track junkie and the business helped fund his turner motorsports racing team. I believe they started like the Webb operation, built on quality, customer service and track experience.

I'd say give them a call and ask questions regarding their products. I have called them from the track on my cell on a Saturday afternoon with a question, post their closing for the day, but received a call back the following Monday morning from Doug, who was helpful and answered my questions regarding the caliper stiffening kit I bought from them.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:28 AM
blitz64
2nd Gear
if you search the forums in Performance Mods :: Drivetrain, you'll see a couple of good things about Tuner. I'm guessing you live in New England, and there's going to be a pulley party by webb in Nov 2005 which you can also consider. link to the Boston pulley party: http://store.webbmotorsports.com/for...55dd2d15039e25

Old 10-04-2005, 09:08 AM
trickedmotoring
4th Gear
well not anymore. im originaly from dartmouth MA. Im in tampa fl. now. But i have always been a fan of their racing team. Im planing on taking a trip back up to ma. given that i havent installed my pulley yet, i might need to make the trip around one of their pulley parties.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:17 PM
SteveS
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an E30M3 and put the Conforti chip on it. It made the car perform a lot better. Much more torque. However, car ran way rich after the chip. The mini already runs way rich. You should read up on it, search the boards. There have been discussions in the past about it.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:58 PM
trickedmotoring
4th Gear
so far i have heard great things about, then i hear not so great. Comparing prices what would be the total for the mth. From what im feeling is that the turner one seems to be easier to deal with. Having the abilty to use it and remove it on the fly seems great. keep the info coming in.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get a lot of my stuff from TMS. 3-SERIES wise. Nothing for the MINI though. Great customer support and the race team rules. GO TURNER MOTORSPORT!

Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Red05MCS
2nd Gear
I installed it on my MCS with a 15% pulley and Alta intake. My mistake was installing it right after doing the pulley and intake, so it is hard to differentiate what made the most difference.

My SOP dino (which is not as well tuned as it used to be) tells me that the Shark Injector made little to no difference. The redline is higher however. My gas mileage is about the same as before the mods. If it did anything, it was minimal.

The install was simple. My decision to go with Turner was based on their BMW products and experience with chip tuning. I personally felt most comfortable with their software in terms of being safest for the motor. While I might have gotten a couple more hp from MTH or something else, that small difference did not justify the risk in my mind.