Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Clubman barn door problem

Old 04-19-2019, 04:13 PM
Christopher Williams
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clubman barn door problem

Today while leaving the gym I did the same thing I always do. Open the back door via my key fob toss my gym bag in and leave. Well today, the door popped open and when I went to close it, it just bounced back open. Swung it back closed and bounced back open. Now it will not close. Can’t imagine it is a fuse. If so does anyone know where said fuse would be located? Latch looks fine. Any thoughts on this? As of now the back door is being held by a tow strap, strapped from the inside of my door to the back seat anchor. Might be a stupid question but figured I would ask before just ordering parts hoping I am buying what ever went out.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:06 PM
Christopher Williams
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Christopher Williams View Post
Today while leaving the gym I did the same thing I always do. Open the back door via my key fob toss my gym bag in and leave. Well today, the door popped open and when I went to close it, it just bounced back open. Swung it back closed and bounced back open. Now it will not close. Can’t imagine it is a fuse. If so does anyone know where said fuse would be located? Latch looks fine. Any thoughts on this? As of now the back door is being held by a tow strap, strapped from the inside of my door to the back seat anchor. Might be a stupid question but figured I would ask before just ordering parts hoping I am buying what ever went out.
update- rear wipers don’t work either.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:08 AM
LostbutFound
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
On my R58 mine does that every time I open it with the fob. I now only use the handle until I figure out how to fix it. When the button on the fob is pushed, to get it close again I have to push the button on the fob until I hear the latch click while the hatch is open and up. Hope this helps.