R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Door open light and barn door puddle lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Clubmaste00
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door open light and barn door puddle lights

Couple of weeks ago the right barn door latch of the clubbie failed in the closed position. Searched for and found relavent info on repair - thank you to all that contributed to the repair info.

Door latch has been replaced but not the "door ajar" warning light keeps coming on despite the fact that the barn doors are fully closed and latched. In addition the light in the left side of the boot and the barn door puddle light do not light when the doors are open.

Need someone to point me in the right direction to try and resolve this. I imagine the new problems are in someway related to replacing the latch but not sure how.

Any and all suggestions welcomed

Regards
Dennis

Old 02-10-2018, 06:43 PM
guspi76
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Same thing is happening to me right now. The closed door switch is part of the latch solenoid mechanism. I proved this by re-plugging the old one, but not installed it on the door, and manually latching it without closing the door. That proved after advancing that the new part was defective. Had dealer replace and everything is good now. Good luck.