Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Need Help Identifying Sensor - A/C related?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Bodacious
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Help Identifying Sensor - A/C related?

Well, the native New Mexican field mice have struck again.

First time was a wire to my power steering pump.

Now, its probably the cause of losing my A/C. I found the like cause -- wires chewed off a sensor.

Here a picture the sensor circled. It's by the firewall, and near the PS pump. Can anyone identify this sensor and tell me what its for. The remnant of one of the chewed wires has a arrow pointing to it. Is it the A/C pressure sensor?

Could use your help getting this identified so I can fix it. (And no, I can't fit my hands in that space ). I've got the wire connector off the sensor. I assume there is no way to re-wire these connectors, and that you can't just buy a replacement connector.

Going to get tough with these critters!

Last edited by Bodacious; 07-08-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:06 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
not an unusual site...My mom's CRV got chewed pretty good by city rats. They took liking to the transmission wiring harness.

you were right, this is the AC pressure sensor switch. It is also for some reason connected to the ECU! did you get a CEL?

You can still use the plug. there are few notches holding the wires in. try to fiddle with it using a pick.

check this listing and send them an inquiry.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/64539181464...4AAOSwCLNbP6vC

The following users liked this post:
Bodacious (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Bodacious
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the help.

I tried to release the wire stubs from the connector, but after probing ever hole and notch I could see with a pick, I can't get them released. Maybe I'll turn up at the local MINI dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

Thank for the ebaY link. I saw that one as well. It's probably the easiest way to go. The connector's got a good amount of wire still attached to it.

Going to get serious with the anti-rodent measures. An under-hood sonic defense, and Capsaicin-infused tape on all the exposed wires.

Originally Posted by MiniToBe
not an unusual site...My mom's CRV got chewed pretty good by city rats. They took liking to the transmission wiring harness.

you were right, this is the AC pressure sensor switch. It is also for some reason connected to the ECU! did you get a CEL?

You can still use the plug. there are few notches holding the wires in. try to fiddle with it using a pick.

check this listing and send them an inquiry.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/64539181464...4AAOSwCLNbP6vC