Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

sharing my problems/solutions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 11:41 AM
asysavanh
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sharing my problems/solutions

Just like to make a post about my problems I have had so far with the ‘12 R56. A reference post in case anyone else out there is googling.

One of the bigger problems I had this year was my clutch fork snapping in half. This happened at about 68,000 miles. I was driving normally and my clutch pedal sank to the ground and wouldn’t return to the normal position.
Replaced my clutch master cylinder and the slave as well before finding out the fork had snapped. I went ahead and replaced the OEM clutch + DMF for a JMTC stage 2 clutch + 31lb flywheel from Mario. Replaced some misc seals while the transmission was out as well.
The new clutch was great. Very soft during break in but everything eventually became stiffer over time. Acceleration was improved. It was very noticeable. There is flywheel chatter from switching the DMF to SMF.

Problem number 2.... this car’s coil went out on ignition number 1. Showed codes of p0300 and p0301. Replaced the coil and everything went back to normal.

Problem number 3... My battery had appearantly been going bad. I had thought it was dying because of my comfort access. I was reading somewhere on here that it kills batteries if left unlocked? Come to find out my battery wasn’t holding charge at all. Replaced it with a H5 size Everstart from Walmart.