Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Italian made Harmonic Balancer/Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 07:45 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Italian made Harmonic Balancer/Crank Pulley

To start off with, I am retired so I have time to review various MINI topics. I will visit ebay, type in MINI or mini cooper and see that comes up. I have noticed that ebay has a Italian made harmonic balancer/pulley for the R53 that is cheap, under $100. Appears to be a OEM type pulley and in one picture I noted REPM 3122311 and a manufacture date of 2014.

Now I know all about "you get what you pay for" and "caveat emptor." Even know why it said that money is kept in a "bank", but that is another story. There will be those that say ebay stuff is junk, that they only buy OEM, but, there will be those that are concerned with how much money they pay to keep their means of transportation on the road.

So has anybody bought one of these? If you don't want your member name known, send me a PM, I will keep your name private. If you have purchased, what are your thoughts? Did it install without major issues? How many miles on it?

Old 08-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
I will move this to the Stock Problems/Issues area.

Last edited by Whine not Walnuts; 05-09-2018 at 04:29 AM.