Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

2010 Clubman S- Disconnected Battery, now electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:14 PM
marshallpre1
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Clubman S- Disconnected Battery, now electrical issues

Good evening fellas,

New guy here, needed help figuring out what's wrong with my friends 2010 Clubman S. Her valve covers were leaking so I decided to help her out and do it for her. I've done it several times before, but mostly on Japanese import cars. Whenever I work on any car, I disconnect the battery as the first step. So that's what I did. I ended up completing the valve cover gaskets, doing an oil change, and the pcv vent hose. I plugged the battery back in. When she was leaving she noticed that her head lights and rear lights were stuck on, but the dash was not illuminated, the turn signals did not work, or the hazard lights. Windows also don't roll up or down. Everything else seems to work (radio, AC, interior lights, etc). There is an image of a mini on a lift, which indicates that it might be due for service, but no other warning lights. The car is not drivable in this condition for safety reasons. Does anyone know what is wrong with it? Did I blow a bunch of fuses out of nowhere? One thing she did tell me is that her reverse light bulb needed change.

I am perplexed. I've never had such issues with any car. Any advice or help is appreciated.

EDIT upon more research: FRM issue? What is this thing? We didn't even touch it. I'll try charging the battery overnight to see if it makes a difference tomorrow. Battery has 12.6V. seems fine

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...solutions.html

Thanks
Jeremy

Last edited by marshallpre1; 01-23-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:28 AM
miniuy
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hi,

yes it seems it is a FRM related issue.
First of all I would try by disconnecting the battery again and removing the reverse lights bulbs.
When reconnecting the battery, if it was not the solution you should check the FRM health though the OBD port (responding, not responding).

There is not a way to reset it nor a fuse to change for it, but, something else could be crashing the FRM (bad cable, etc).

Old 01-29-2016, 07:56 PM
marshallpre1
Neutral
I got NCS expert from my friend. I have no problem connecting to CAS, but FRM has issues connecting. I posted in several other threads, but no help yet.

New FRM is like $1K +programming from the dealer... This is insane.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4169554

Old 02-02-2016, 11:33 AM
miniuy
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Sorry for saying this but if you can't communicate with the FRM, it seems is the time to replace it.

If your are a NCS Expert user, the FRM replace can be done for you, in 30 minutes (10 minutes replacing the hardware, 10 minutes coding and 10 minutes posting your success here )

You need 2 things:

- Buy an used FRM module compatible with your current FRM module
- Take the VO listed in the CAS module to program the "new" FRM module (FRM module is the CAS backup too!).

There is not other additional stuff to do !

Old 11-06-2023, 05:33 PM
karebare
Neutral
May be your footwell module

Originally Posted by marshallpre1
Good evening fellas,

New guy here, needed help figuring out what's wrong with my friends 2010 Clubman S. Her valve covers were leaking so I decided to help her out and do it for her. I've done it several times before, but mostly on Japanese import cars. Whenever I work on any car, I disconnect the battery as the first step. So that's what I did. I ended up completing the valve cover gaskets, doing an oil change, and the pcv vent hose. I plugged the battery back in. When she was leaving she noticed that her head lights and rear lights were stuck on, but the dash was not illuminated, the turn signals did not work, or the hazard lights. Windows also don't roll up or down. Everything else seems to work (radio, AC, interior lights, etc). There is an image of a mini on a lift, which indicates that it might be due for service, but no other warning lights. The car is not drivable in this condition for safety reasons. Does anyone know what is wrong with it? Did I blow a bunch of fuses out of nowhere? One thing she did tell me is that her reverse light bulb needed change.

I am perplexed. I've never had such issues with any car. Any advice or help is appreciated.

EDIT upon more research: FRM issue? What is this thing? We didn't even touch it. I'll try charging the battery overnight to see if it makes a difference tomorrow. Battery has 12.6V. seems fine

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...solutions.html

Thanks
Jeremy

hey Jeremy I had the same problem with my clubman. I had it all taken apart for a freeze plug and when I finally put it all back together and turned it on the windows didn’t work, lights, etc. I had to get my footwell module reprogrammed. I figured out after the fact that there is a recall on them. Good luck!