Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

vacuum pump, lines, tank and pressure converter

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 12:14 PM
shanksamillion
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
vacuum pump, lines, tank and pressure converter

I'm trying to replace the vacuum lines. How can I get better access to vacuum tank? It's very hard to reach from directly below? Would coming in through the side by removing passenger tire be easier? Also lots of oil on both ends of this vacuum line connecting vacuum pump and vacuum tank. I think there is some oil in the line too. Is this normal? If not how the heck did oil get in there? Can I blow it out with air compressor or do I need to replace the whole darn line? Had trouble pasting the diagram here is a link if your unfamiliar the vacuum system http://parts.miniofconcord.com/a/MIN...R/11_3982.html

Old 12-21-2013, 04:28 PM
micromini234
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There shouldn't be. As for replacing them I can't give any more information I just took the manifold completely off and went from there.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:04 PM
shanksamillion
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks

Thanks. So I I blew out the lines with air compressor just to be sure and replaced the rubber hose sections at the end. It worked! I had leaks eveveywhere. Replaced charge air tube (cracked at turbo), replaced valve cover (very audible air leak), and today the vacuum lines. Problem finnaly fixed! No more reduced power light.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:13 AM
Terry Thrasher
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum lines Diagram

By any chance you wouldn’t happen to have a diagram of how the vacuum lines went back together because after I put everything back together when I try to start the car it stutters s and I believe the vacuum lines are the problem. I had a few weeks in the hoses and I replaced the vacuum lines but now I don’t remember how to put them back on correctly .

Originally Posted by shanksamillion
Thanks. So I I blew out the lines with air compressor just to be sure and replaced the rubber hose sections at the end. It worked! I had leaks eveveywhere. Replaced charge air tube (cracked at turbo), replaced valve cover (very audible air leak), and today the vacuum lines. Problem finnaly fixed! No more reduced power light.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:34 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Terry Thrasher
By any chance you wouldn’t happen to have a diagram of how the vacuum lines went back together because after I put everything back together when I try to start the car it stutters s and I believe the vacuum lines are the problem. I had a few weeks in the hoses and I replaced the vacuum lines but now I don’t remember how to put them back on correctly .
Time for you to learn about our Real OEM illustrated Parts List --- http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select just enter the last few characters of your VIN, and everything you ever wanted to know about your Mini's construction will be available. Well, almost everything. The section you're interested in is under Engine --- Vacuum Control --- Vacuum Control-Engine-Turbo Charger.

The following users liked this post:
Wan@Boostaddict (02-25-2024)
Old 11-02-2018, 07:06 AM
danraabe
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Vacuum questions

Originally Posted by oldbrokenwind
Time for you to learn about our Real OEM illustrated Parts List --- http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select just enter the last few characters of your VIN, and everything you ever wanted to know about your Mini's construction will be available. Well, almost everything. The section you're interested in is under Engine --- Vacuum Control --- Vacuum Control-Engine-Turbo Charger.
how to find the page yo7 are suggesting

Old 11-02-2018, 11:14 AM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbrokenwind
how to find the page yo7 are suggesting

Click on the link to get into the site
Enter the last 7 characters of your VIN in Serial Number
Click on Search
Verify info describes your car
Click on Browse Parts
Select Engine
Scroll down to Vacuum Control
Click on Vacum Control - Engine Turbo Charger

The one hose without dotted lines goes to the vacuum pump.