Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Fuel System Readiness Monitor "Incomplete" ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
barnhillld
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel System Readiness Monitor "Incomplete" ?

I have an 02 MINI, non S type and it just failed emissions here in CT due to the readiness monitor for the fuel system reporting "Incomplete".

We actually sell diagnostic tools so I have the equipment and software here to read things myself and I've confirmed that the fuel system readiness monitor is indeed reporting "incomplete" but the bizarre thing is that there are no trouble codes, no engine light and no indication at all why this monitor would report as incomplete.

The car has never in it's long life thrown any DTC or MIL light and a thorough search of the system indicates no freeze frame data or trouble codes have ever been reset.

I have used the Peake Research tool to reset the oil service light but that's been a while ago and shouldn't have anything at all to do with the readiness monitor at any rate.

Like most MINIs from the 02 vintage, the airbag light has been on for years but again, this is a separate system and has nothing at all to do with readiness monitors.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks,
Lloyd

Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Received 165 Likes on 131 Posts
bUSHY BOY AND HIS METHANOL FUEL MAYBE ?

I have had erratic issues with everything from gas powered weed eaters, motorcycles and my MINI. I am begining to wonder if it has something to do with the crappy methanol mixed fuel we are getting now......