Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Remote programming procedure question

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
k_h_d
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote programming procedure question

With the following procedure below I have a question. Wat step 3 "HOLD DOWN the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times". Am I holding down the unlock botton on the remote and hitting the lock botton of the car? Or am I holding down the unlock button on the remote and hitting the lock button on the remote as well?

Thanks,
k

Procedure:
The problem is that one of your keys lost it's association with the car. It is not a dead or defective battery. It has happened to me twice in the past year.

You need to have all the keys with you when you get in the car.

1. Get in the car and shut the doors. (don't open any of the doors until you are complete.

2. Put a key in the ignition and turn it to the first click, then back and take the key out. (you have 5 seconds to perform the next step)

3. HOLD DOWN the unlock button, and press the lock button 3 times, then release the unlock button. The doors of the car should lock or unlock. Don't touch the doors or door locks.

4. Once the doors have locked/unlocked then just do step 3 with the other keys. Just hold down the unlock button, press the lock 3 times and release the unlock button.

5. Once you do this with all the keys then you can open the door or put a key in the ignition and the programming is ended.

6. Then try the lock and unlock on all the keys. If they don't work you can try it again.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k_h_d
Am I holding down the unlock botton on the remote and hitting the lock botton of the car? Or am I holding down the unlock button on the remote and hitting the lock button on the remote as well?

3. HOLD DOWN the unlock button, and press the lock button 3 times, then release the unlock button. The doors of the car should lock or unlock. Don't touch the doors or door locks.

Not that I've done the pairing myself, but it looks like you missed that last bit? I imagine it'd be tough to follow the instructions and pair more than one remote unless the instructions meant to use just the remote buttons.