Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Alarm chirp when locking/unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't you hear the door locks working? Is that not enough? The lights also blink for a confirmation. And if you are really concerned, any horn blask or noise would not mean the doors were locked, only that the car recieved your key signal and make an effort to lock the door. If the door lock was malfunctioning, I'm guessing it would still beep at you even though the door didn't lock.

I hate excessive noise. Everytime I am walking in a parking lot and hear that damn, honk.... or honk-honk. I start spewing mental four letter words.

I guess the bottom line is that every humongus, oversized, SUV I know does all that beeping and honking. I don't want to be like them. We MINI people pride ourselves that we are different, we march to a slightly different drummer. We quietly laugh when at the gas pumps when beside an SUV pouring lots of dollars into the tank. Anything I can do to be different from that, makes me happy.

Sorry, for the rant, but if you are in my parking lot and I hear a lock beep or honk, I'm just going to assume you are an SUV or and SUV wannabe and will do my best to ignor you. hehe

YD

Old 06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
#20Works4me
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yo'sDad
Don't you hear the door locks working? Is that not enough? The lights also blink for a confirmation. And if you are really concerned, any horn blask or noise would not mean the doors were locked, only that the car recieved your key signal and make an effort to lock the door. If the door lock was malfunctioning, I'm guessing it would still beep at you even though the door didn't lock.

I hate excessive noise. Everytime I am walking in a parking lot and hear that damn, honk.... or honk-honk. I start spewing mental four letter words.

I guess the bottom line is that every humongus, oversized, SUV I know does all that beeping and honking. I don't want to be like them. We MINI people pride ourselves that we are different, we march to a slightly different drummer. We quietly laugh when at the gas pumps when beside an SUV pouring lots of dollars into the tank. Anything I can do to be different from that, makes me happy.

Sorry, for the rant, but if you are in my parking lot and I hear a lock beep or honk, I'm just going to assume you are an SUV or and SUV wannabe and will do my best to ignor you. hehe

YD

.................................................. ......:impatient Okay then, I'll disconnect my teeny tiny beep if I'm ever in your town.

I found it handy as by the time I get around to arming the car I can't hear the lock actuators and not in a positon to see the lights flash ie in a parking lot parked beside a really LARGE and LOUD SUV . I don't like anything too loud or obtrusive either hence my small piezo, no it doesn't guarantee the car is locked but neither do the lights flashing or the lock actuators, my drivers door stopped locking the other day but it still made the actuator noise, had to have the whole DS side unit replaced ( thank heavens for extended warranties!)

Anyway blah blah blah, I just thought I'd post this little mod up for those who may want to have an audible............. so send me your address and I'll send you one ................. cause I know you reeaally waaant it

Old 06-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, I 'm not sending you any grief on purpose. Do anything you want with your MINI, afterall ,modding is one of the joys. Each of us has dif opinions on everything. Beep all you want, and I defend your right to do so.

YD

Old 06-20-2007, 04:16 PM
gary442
2nd Gear
Please share with us your Pizeo alarm mod for $10

Old 06-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by gary442
See this thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:08 PM
#20Works4me
5th Gear
Hey, I 'm not sending you any grief on purpose. Do anything you want with your MINI, afterall ,modding is one of the joys. Each of us has dif opinions on everything. Beep all you want, and I defend your right to do so.

YD
Ha ha thanks, I appreciate you defending my right to beep, I was only making light of it, funny on lunch I went for a walk cutting through the parking lot of a College and became acutely aware of all the arming - dissarming beeping going on!

Originally Posted by gary442
Originally Posted by Eric Rowland
See this thread
That's the one! Thanks Eric Rowland

Old 06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
MUShadd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats the same reason i like an audible confirmation, my last car had an aftermarket alarm on it, and the arm disarm was very faint. every morning i get out of my car for work i immediately start walking towards the door, too far to hear the actuators, and i walk away from my car on the side, so i cant see front or rear signals light up. I guess my last car spoiled me a little. I just have to make sure i stick near the car long enough to actually see or hear it lock. that mod looks interesting though

Old 06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
mini freak
3rd Gear
mine chirps but i have the alarm. only minis with alarms chirp.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YD

So much anger.... I suggest you seek a therapist.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:23 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So the MINI alarm kit should be out soon...anybody got any info from your dealership?? Price?? I've heard nothing but have seen the pdf on MotoringFile.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:24 AM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by daflake
So much anger.... I suggest you seek a therapist.
It better be a very quite one!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YD
How about a tweet, then? It would keep things cute. I accidentally typed "thongs" at first. Maybe I should have left it.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:46 AM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
oops ....entered in wrong thread

Last edited by umberto; 10-06-2016 at 05:09 PM.