Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Check Engine Light finally came on

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check Engine Light finally came on

Hello everyone, I'm a nubie to the forum. Purchased an 07 MCS (DS)w/ manual tranny. currently has about 3400k. Unfortunately first major problem came this morning when I started the engine,much sputtering even some backfiring and from the other threads I've read it appears it might be running to lean. Anyway after a a few minutes the power returned It then drove fine to work. It basically did the same thing after work (sputtering, no power), but this time the CEL came solid, again after a minute or two the power returned. Eventually I was able to drive it home. I'm about two hundred miles from East Bay Mini. Obvisouly a trip to the dealership is in order, wondering how long I can wait before I have to take it? Your thoughts or suggestions is much appreciated. HIC

Old 06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
joey1320
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hic
Hello everyone, I'm a nubie to the forum. Purchased an 07 MCS (DS)w/ manual tranny. currently has about 3400k. Unfortunately first major problem came this morning when I started the engine,much sputtering even some backfiring and from the other threads I've read it appears it might be running to lean. Anyway after a a few minutes the power returned It then drove fine to work. It basically did the same thing after work (sputtering, no power), but this time the CEL came solid, again after a minute or two the power returned. Eventually I was able to drive it home. I'm about two hundred miles from East Bay Mini. Obvisouly a trip to the dealership is in order, wondering how long I can wait before I have to take it? Your thoughts or suggestions is much appreciated. HIC

call your dealer and ask them if they have Version 26 on their Progman computer. if they do they can reflash your computer for a lot of issues that have been happening with cel's. this may take care of your problems right away.

if they don't have it, ask them when will the field service engineer(FSE) will be available to reflash your car with the latest software from his laptop.

the problem is that Version 26 for the Prgman is not readily available for the dealers. some have received them but other will have to wait till next month.

if you can talk to the service manager have him get the fse to come to the shop to reflash your car. they will do it if you explain to them how upset you are with your new car having this problems.

good luck!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
minimaximini
3rd Gear
I had 25.1 (beta)

Didn't solve it. 26 is supposed to solve it (whatever). Look at this thread:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=96609

Good luck and be patient. I wasn't (anymore - 3 1/2 months) and changed the car.

MMM

Old 06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Thanks for your suggestions! I will follow-up with the dealer with regard to the version 26 and go from there.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Here's an update. Tuesday morning (6/12/07) my mCS would start but not continue to run, back firing, engine knocking. tried multiple times. I contacted

Old 06-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Hic
1st Gear
My mini has been at the dealership (two hundred miles away) since Tuesday 6/12 towed by Mini roadside. They had difficulty determining problem, I was informed by the SA on Friday they believe the fuel pump is bad, they have one on order and expect it be in on Saturday. The SA thinks the car will be ready by Monday 6/18. They also realigned my passenger door which was needed and completed a low mile oil change at a hefty price of $145.00 ouch! I asked for a loaner on Friday but they offered to go halves with me. they pay one day then I pay one. I think I deserved a little better. So I told them to forget about the loaner. Anyway so far six days without my car :(

Old 06-17-2007, 07:55 PM
amazonracer
4th Gear
I'm assuming you financed the car or no?. None the less, a brand new car in the shop for 6 days would make me crazy. At the least a loaner car everyday and why did you have to pay for a "low mile" oil change. What happened to full maintenance for 36 months. You didn't ask for the oil change and if you needed it because of a car problem or reaction to something else, shouldn't that be covered under maintenance. Am I missing something.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Amazon,

my car has a total of 3677 miles, I made the decision to get the oil change as I noticed the oil to be a bit dark, plus since it is a new car I was going to do it earlier rather than wait for the 10K service offered by the maintenance program . I just thought it was a bit pricey at 145 bucks . To be completely honest I'm biting at the bit to email Mini customer Service but my wife wants me to wait to see if the dealership can fix the problem. I totally concur that six days is way to long in the shop for them to diagnose the problem. thanks for your reply. miss my mini :(

Old 06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Hic
1st Gear
fuel pump on backorder

Contacted by SA this morning telling me she had bad news essentially the fuel pump needed for my mini is on national backorder could be 2-3 weeks. The filed rep has now authorized a loaner car. I took it a step further and requested via the SA that he spring for the low mileage oil change which he later approved. The SA also informed me perhaps I would not have to wait the entire 2-3 weeks. Why so long for a new fuel pump? Still not sure the problem is the fuel pump, I'm think computor related. Nevertheless I'm happy the dealership provided me with a loaner for the time being and they are taking care of the oil change. Day seven without my mini

Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 PM
joey1320
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the reason for the wait is that the "brains" at bmw/mini decided to sell a car before having the proper parts available for the dealerships.

i have been waiting on bmw special tools since last thursday to be able to drop a tranny. we wont be able to get them until wenesday since they didn't have the tools in stock. thats a whole week with the car in the shop taking space. man it sucks...

good luck with your problems!

Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Your situation is unfortunate as well. Basically I realize I'm not in control of this mess (waiting on a fuel pump) so I trying not to become to preoccupied but nevertheless I am. I hope that once my mini is repaired and returned to me it will remain relatively problem free for a while or I begin losing confidence in it. Then who knows after that; I'm certain I'm not breaking a new ground here. Anyway wishing your mini is repaired in the very near future! (day 8 without my mini):(

Old 06-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Minichan
Neutral
Got the CEL after less than 100 miles driven on 07 MC auto. Will check about the Version 26. Thanks for that bit of info joey1320.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Hic
1st Gear
Thats unfortunate for a new car with only 100 miles on it. Version 26 will not be available for dealership I'm working with here in Calli until sometime in July. Meanwhile my mini has been in the shop for two weeks now; still waiting on the fuel pump. Hope your CEL is a minor issue, good luck!

Old 06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
so unfortunate the problems with the 07's for sure. Hopefully the "bugs" will be worked out sooner than later. So what did you end up with as a loaner from your dealer?

Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Hic
1st Gear
Actually they took pretty good care of me with a Nissan Murano via Enterprise. Sucks gas though, about 18 mgp overall...

Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
dlroto
3rd Gear
would the mini buyback thing be something that you would consider??? Isn't it if the car is in the shop for 2 weeks or more they will offer a buyback, or is it more complicated than that???

Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Hic
1st Gear
I thought it must be out of service for at least thirty days accummilative before they will buy back. today is the 15th day consecutive day in the shop. I'm frustrated.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Hic
1st Gear
finally some good news

I was contacted by SA today; apparently the fuel pump has finally arrived. They will install on Friday and if (big if )everything goes right I should have my mini on Saturday. Day 17 without my mini...

Old 06-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Bad news

Received voice mail from SA reflecting issue not resolved, they will have to perform "further acute investigation" not sure what this means, but today is 18th day without my car

Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Now they say it was bad gas???

Received a call from the SA today about mid-day indicating they installed the new fuel pump and still has some problems so they drained the tank and found a some oily subtance in the fuel. here's my gripe first OF all, the tank was filled with shell v-power 91 before it was shipped to So. California, if in fact the gas was the culprit, shouldn't thEY HAVE TESTED THE FUEL AS A PRELIMINARY TEST TO begin with?? My opinion this was not a fuel issue, Joey your thoughts??

Old 07-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Hic
1st Gear
So did Mini replace your car?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Hic
1st Gear
Originally Posted by minimaximini
Didn't solve it. 26 is supposed to solve it (whatever). Look at this thread:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=96609

Good luck and be patient. I wasn't (anymore - 3 1/2 months) and changed the car.

MMM
Did Mini replace your car??

Old 07-04-2007, 11:46 AM
DancesWithTraffic
1st Gear
MMM upgrades to an S. Dont think it was a flat swap out.

Im hoping my CEL doesnt come back, either way I've got an appointement with the dealer to check him out.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Hic
1st Gear
My Mini is coming home 28 days later

Well, 28 days later my Mini is coming home tonight. According to the MA 07's are equipped with two fuel pumps of which both were replaced in my car. The pumps were on back order thus the long wait. She implied it was contaminated fuel that caused the fuel pumps to malfunction, however they did not test the fuel.. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have only used Shell V-Power, 91 octane of course and used the same in my wife's Lexus with no problem and from the same Shell station. So I'm somewhat perplexed by all of this. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to its arrival, hopefully everything will be back to normal..

Old 07-09-2007, 11:40 PM
carla99
2nd Gear
My CEL light came on after 12 miles - final build in mid june and just purchased today. MCS Auto. No sputtering noises. It does not make sense to be the gas cap problem as I had been driving it for only about 20 minutes and naturally did not stop to put any gas in it. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light finally came on