C3 & WCM Julian run Aug 27th

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:50 AM
AC_MINI
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3 & WCM Julian run Aug 27th

Awesome, I just can’t stop smiling all day yesterday. My favorite run was going up; there are more twisty going up and going down. Too bad is over and I hope this two club will set up another run in the future. We had more the 50+ minis there that day. Now I’m just waiting for someone to post some cool pic on NAM to share it with us. My personal thanks to Richard from C3 for being there for us. You are the man.

Specail thanks to all the WCM to have us there.

Karen is that you in center lower edge of this pic. heheheheeh
Sorry Robyn I used your pic to post it on NAM.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:09 AM
MadHatter
5th Gear
Absolutely Agree ...

Thanks for shepparding us around your roads, West Coast Minis....

A total blast, Julian is a cool little town. Roads were incredible and as a city boy, I saw one of those things with four legs that generates milk!!

The twisting roads were made for our Mini's

The new friends my wife and I met are great :smile:

Nobody as far as I can tell had anything bad happen

I drove over 500 miles yesterday and was pretty beat by the time I pull into my driveway... But the friends I met, and the smiles I got, will be with me for a long time....

Thank you so much Don, Steve, and the rest

Richard, special thanks to you for your part in pulling off this great run. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did, I know you worked so the rest could enjoy themselves... I hope you have tons of smiles too....

Charlie and Cindy

Old 08-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Cherry2005
3rd Gear
I second, third & fourth that - seems I spent the entire trip in second, third & fourth gear!!

That was probably the most fun driving I've had sine I got my MINI in December. I stayed tight behind Richard (Octane Guy) because dang it, if he can do it, my MINI can do it! With him blazing the twisties trail, we zipped through the canyons like a hot knife through butter. You could just see the MINIs jonesin' on the straight-aways and, like Charlie said, nothing bad seemed to happen (except maybe the driver of a white Toyota 4-Runner that thought he could try to zip through like a MINI and not let us go by - by the time we passed him, he no doubt had frozen white knuckles ).

If any non-MINI owners are reading this - Please, for your own safety, never try to keep a row of 45+ MINIs behind you...it's just asking for bad Karma.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 08-28-2005, 08:32 AM
AC_MINI
5th Gear
It was good to see you again Charlie and it was nice to meet your wife. I hope she enjoy the run? Sherly sorry for tailgating you on the way down, yes about this Toyota that was keeping us from passing him. But we shown him didn't we. I tried to tape this run but all I got was your mini in front of me but it was nice to see you blazing the twisties trai. Please post more pic "Please" so I can down load it. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Cherry2005
3rd Gear
Unfortunatley, I've reached my quota for posting pictures. Each time I post one, I must first delete one from an old post

PM me your e-mail and I'm happy to send you more.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a fantastic day! Even though it was very HOT, it didn't slow us down one bit...

It was great to meet some of you that I hadn't had the pleasure of in the past. Mike was bummed he wasn't able to come. I tried not to tell him on the phone last night HOW much fun it was...LOL!!! He's looking forward to the next gathering...:smile:

I know I was completely pooped when I got home as I'm sure everybody else was. I was in bed by 8:30 - hahahaha - That's pretty sad on a Saturday night.......

Again, great fun and great friends. Let's do it again soon...

Donna

Old 08-28-2005, 10:46 AM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
It was really a blast! I have driven the Julian roads before - in my MINI - and have not had this much fun! The best part for me was Wynola road. We were so behind because of the left turn... But once we got going the right direction and found Wynola - WOW! Richard had the unfortunate luck to be behind me on the twitiest of twisties! At one point I think I just may have tested his limits and brake pads! It was all fun and really encouraging as to the limits of these great machines!

Please note however, when I say limits - I don't mean speed - Anyone can go fast. Being able to maneuver tight curves and stay in your designated lane. My tires did some squealing and I was put to the test. It was a great day. One of the funnest things was gettign waves and smiles from other people watching the phenomenon that is MINIs. It's true we were a mile of smiles!

AC_MINI I am posting these for you! And you can post my pics anytime!

That's a few from my
account. Sorry no motion shots, I was busy enough driving!

Old 08-28-2005, 12:52 PM
AC_MINI
5th Gear
Sheryl, got the email. Thanks

Robyn, Thanks for posting some pic from the event so I can show it to my "WIFE" or soon to be wife. lol :impatient

Donna, it was nice meeting you.

Charlie and Cindy, next stop Oct 2nd RUN.

More pic fromt rest of you C3 or WCM "PLEASE"

Old 08-28-2005, 01:03 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
You asked for pix?? Here they are. Combo of mine and Sheryls pix!

Also I apologize to everyone that I got a little hot on their tails---Robyn, and Keith, and anybody else! My Cooper was in 2nd and 3rd the whole time, and to compensate for my lower HP than your MCS's on the tight twisties I gotta keep up the momentum, so I use my brakes as little as possible, controlling my speed via engine braking, but there were several times, when I practically ended up in your back seat. The best part for me was realizing that my worn Yokos still had a lot of grip despite the 24,000 miles on them!

Sheryl, it's a real blast coming down that fast tight section with you on my tail! Several times I could see Sheryl shaking her finger at me for being naughty---i.e. going a little too fast for the caravan.

Charlie and Chomp,
I had a great time. I was really pleased with the turnout. I believe the official count was 42 MINIs, but there may have been more, but I do know that more than 50% of them were from c3!!! Woohooo.

c3/WCM Julian Run
Saturday, August 27, 2005 c3 (Cooper Club for Charities) and WCM (West Coast MINIs) joined together in a super club event. 42 MINI (24 from c3) convened in Fallbrook, CA and motored together on a curvy, windy road, that took us from Fallbrook to Lake Henshaw to Julian for some delicious apple pie! The weather ranged from 94 to 104 degrees along the way, and every model of new MINI was out there!

Here's my Writeup!!!

Lake Henshaw, a regrouping, and rest point. But how we got here begins below.

Gathering Point #1 6:30AM in Culver City

8 MINIs arrived on schedule. We spent the time waiting by applying c3 vinyl decals and chatting.

We're on our way...Uh oh, I forgot the map that I just printed out---gotta run back to get it.

Gathering Point #2 Corona, Taco Bell at 8:15AM

c3 Vinyl Badging Ritual!

Park & Ride 76 & 395

Surprise Jeanine!!!

Choump's (AC MINI) Beautiful MCS!

Jerry the Photographer!

Julianne!

Linda Raffling!!

Sheryl and her Jelly Bellies!

Jeanine Keeping Out of the 100+ Deg Heat!

Cameras Everywhere!

Jelly Belly Winners-Michele and John!

They guessed 802 with the correct answer being 799!

A big thank you to WCM for making the Julian run happen and accomodating your fellow northern friends! Also a big thank you to Sheryl and Linda for coordinating and running the raffle duties! We gave away a Meguiar's detailing kit, a piggy bank full of money, and a big jar of jelly bellies! Proceeds are going to one of our supported children charities.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:27 PM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
No biggie Richard! Next time I'm following you! But before then I'm headed out Sage road to practice the engine brake technique! I had a blast!

Old 08-28-2005, 05:46 PM
am0eba
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wow! great pics! Looks like a lot of fun

Hopefully, we'll be able to join you guys sometime soon.

_Dave_

Old 08-28-2005, 06:51 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
24 hrs in SoCal (pics)

Props to OctaneGuy for being instrumental in bringing down a large number of C3'ers from L.A. Also, props to Don from WCM for hosting a well organized and fun drive. Tempertures were in the 105-109 range for portions of the drive, but the routing rocked. I finally met a few NAM members that I hadn't met before including Donna. :smile:

AC's hot MCS

Last edited by dave; 08-29-2005 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:34 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Nice shots, Dave! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to Julian for apple pie and to see our fun San Diego friends (especially my great friend, Donna). I am busy at work in the studio, painting!! :smile:

Please post more, if you have them!

Clover

Old 08-28-2005, 08:56 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Julian run photos

Bellow are some of the pictures from the Julian Run. Some are out of focus, but give you the idea of being there and most are good. All together there should be 100+ photos. It was a little tough shooting out the back/front of a moving convertible and trying to get a shot and stay in the car at the same time. All can be seen at www.jerryp.homeip.net. Also, there are a couple of boring movies that I shot with my camera. They are really shaky and with out a point.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Krassanova
4th Gear
Well it's probably going to make you throw up when you find out that it was posted all over the boards here for more than a month. The best place to figure out Randy's schedule is to go to his website at http://www.webbmotorsports.com Join his forums and check out "Pulley Party Central"

You can post a message on the board associated with whatever pulley party you wish to attend, and pick an open slot (he has all the time slots posted). There is always a reciprocal thread of 5 on NAM in the soCal area whenever he even hints about coming back to LA.

This morning I overheard Randy say that he had over 150 e-mails he received yesterday alone. So, you can imagine the lag in response while he's on the road.

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it out to this event...it was lots of fun (and lots of hot) but I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with him if you follow my advice.

Best of luck!

Old 08-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Cherry2005
3rd Gear
Gimme a bucket - I'm hurling!

Old 08-28-2005, 09:36 PM
OctaneGuy
Awesome pix Jerry!! I had a blast on the Julian run as well. Sure is nice to have a cabrio and a driver--so you can capture those pix!! I tried holding my DSLR as I drove---lots of hit and miss shots!

As for the video--uhm, can I recommend a VacuCam??

Old 08-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Krassanova
4th Gear

If it's any consolation, you aren't getting sick over nothing. You'll be glad when you finally get the pulley.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
BBCooper
3rd Gear
Hey that's me..

Great pictures.. Even had one of me.. So now there is proof that I was there too .

Since this was my first run with MINI's I did not know what to expect. But the whole way I was grinning from ear to ear... I loved seeing all the other MINI's and meeting everyone... Wish I could have stayed longer to chat..

I just want to add my thanks to all those that helped make this even happen...

Old 08-28-2005, 10:12 PM
OctaneGuy
More Julian Pix..

There's another duplicate thread here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=49727
Atleast until it gets merged with this one.

It was great meeting you BBCooper, glad you could join us! Hope to see you again at a future c3 event.

Richard Lin
c3 President/Founder

Old 08-28-2005, 10:19 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Cross promotion... more pics available here and at www.jerryp.homeip.net by clicking the Julian Run link.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
AC_MINI
5th Gear
Hey Jerry that was an awesome pix Your MINI looks much much better live. Anyway it was nice to meet you and glad you have fun.

Michael; check out Jerry website because your MCS is post on about 60% of the pic. lol Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
hafid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love that first pic!!!

Old 08-28-2005, 11:20 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Thanks. It was fun meeting everyone. Even if I still can't remember which name goes with wich face, or which car.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:00 AM
OctaneGuy
Pix from Julianne in the orange cabriolet MC.

Julianne's Pix

Quick Reply: C3 & WCM Julian run Aug 27th