South West Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico

AZ'ers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 01:14 PM
E1Designs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZ'ers

Moving out there in a about a week or so. Anyways, my parents live out there along with my brother and his wife. I know some of the area, as they are located in the PV area, but not for sure where to look for housing. Wanting to be close to the PV area roughly 15 - 30 mins. Wanting something with good dining close by, original stuff, something with a yard, but a city type feel. Almost urban style housing if you will, newer development, home owners association...Let me see if I can find something to display what I am looking for...here is something in Denver, where I am moving from...

http://www.stapletondenver.com/main.asp

Wanting the price around $175 - 200k...

Anyone with some insight, I'd love it

Old 07-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Riddler
2nd Gear
AZ huh?!

I went the exact opposite route three years ago. Boy am I glad to have left central AZ. Don't get me wron, AZ is a fantastic state, but the Phoenix metro area ..... seems like it's getting hotter every year (last summer, before I left, we had triple digits for 6 months straight) and the city is just lacking any kind of culture adn history.

Either way, I hope you know what you're in for, and I know that there are about 5 Million people that absolutely love it down there. You probably want to look for a house close to downtown Scottsdale or Tempe, with Tempe being more College, and Scottsdale being more upscale. Tempe has Mill Avenue, which is probably the most fun street in all of the city, as well as the dam-ed Salt River, which has been converted into a town lake with parks, bike path, etc.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
MiniS AZ
3rd Gear
Be forewarn, house prices have gone way up here. Next door neigbor bought her house for 175k last year and is selling it for almost 280k. there are houses out there for that price, it just depends on size and area. You can find it. Mesa. Parts of Tempe. A lot of new housing on the edges of town.

I like the town, its hot, but you get used to it. You really have only 3-4 months of really hot weather, other than that its nice. Its just the opposite of people up north having really cold weather. We may not have the history compared to the east, but i think there is plenty to do here. There is just as much culture items to do here, plenty of hispanice heritage. 4 sports teams here, mind we dont have the broncos (coming from a broncos fan), but its pretty good. Great surrounding area with lots of good road to enjoy driving.

not to mention the greatest sunsets!!

Old 07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
E1Designs
2nd Gear
I did live their for a year...so I know some things. The housing in Denver is worse, believe it or not. That is partially why I am moving there. The median pricing of a house here is about 20k more then there. You have to move to the outskirts to get anything worthwhile here, and the outskirts are really out there. I don't mind the heat, that is for sure. I am just looking for a good housing community, not too high priced, etc... I really like the old town Scottsdale feel, the Tempe feel, etc...just curious if there are any certain developments that are "hidden" per se???

Riddler, where in Denver do you live?

P.S. Raider fan here....

Old 07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Riddler
2nd Gear
Downtown

I'm on 8th and Santa Fe, in the Art Gallery strip (sort-of live in the back of my office there). We should go out for a beer before you leave for AZ. Shoot me an e-mail at "olaf at richterdesign dot net".

Old 07-29-2005, 09:25 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure where you're going to find a home fitting your specs in that price range within 30 minutes of PV. You'll have to go outside that range to get down into the 200s for a home that fits what you're after. Right now the prices seem to be still climbing. Week to week the prices are increasing. Be sure to jump in as soon as you can to save some Ks. Good luck and welcome back to PHX.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:08 AM
E1Designs
2nd Gear
Thanks for the input all...moving this Sat. will have to take a raincheck Riddler...

Hopefully we can find something that fits our budget with some hardwork and patience and meets our goals. :D

Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Riddler
2nd Gear
Good luck with the move, and make sure to take the MINI on 89A between Flagstaff and Sedona as soon as you get a chance. Pick a weekday, if you can ---> less Sun City West folks

- R