South West Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico

STEAMED at MINI North Scottsdale service/body shop

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:18 PM
SCoop
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

>>I think it's good they're reading at least one of these sites. However, if they go look at the dealer rating on this site, they'll see a lot of 5 stars for their service and dealership when we know that isn't true.

Then go in there and change/add your review!! I changed mine!

>>I've just been very disappointed the both times I've been there. The most frustrating part is that they just don't know as much about the cars as we do and that I can't stand waiting in line at the cashier.

Yes, they should know more about the cars. They seriously need to hire more people to do the work so that the people they DO have can keep on top of things better!

>>Does anyone else find it highly annoying that we have to rent from Hertz? At Acura, they always gave me an Acura loaner car. At my brothers dealership, they always give out a 3 series or Z3 as a loaner - EVEN IF YOU DRIVE A MINI!

Haf, which dealership is that? Most MINI dealers I've called/heard about don't give you ANY loaner at all if your car is in for service! Frankly, I'm quite happy that MNS has the rental agreement with Hertz. It makes life much easier, considering I don't have a second car and don't want to pay full price for a rental while Peanut is in the shop. SOMETHING is much, much better than nothing IMO!! Granted, my first loaner was a Cavalier (what a POS!). My next one was a Protege. It's no MINI, but it WAS better than the Cavalier.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Chips-O'Toole
2nd Gear
you can get a MINI from Hertz there. it's considered an upgrade, I asked.

Old 08-07-2003, 03:11 PM
~sugar~
3rd Gear
>>Sugar - You ride is HOT. I really like the aero and side skirts. I'd love to get just the side skirts....but man, I have to hold back.

Thanks for the compliment hafid. One of these days we'll have to meet and check out each others MINI.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets treated this way. I thought I was the only one being young and female, I just thought it was "normal".

Old 08-07-2003, 03:12 PM
hafid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chips - nice to know, but then again, I'm still paying extra for it now.

Scoop - I bought mine from the Baron BMW dealership in Kansas City. They are the only BMW dealership in KC so they frankly really don't have to be as nice if you think about it. You'd have to drive a while to get to the next dealer, but they do it right up there. I mean, a Z3 loaner on a nice sunny day, doesn't get any better than that! My mother has a 740iL...when her car goes in for service they give her another 740! Frankly, they should all be like this, I would never go to another dealer if I was treated this way.

But alas we're somewhat stuck. Last time I did it it was a 5 hour drive to Orange County

Old 08-07-2003, 07:17 PM
SCoop
6th Gear
>>you can get a MINI from Hertz there. it's considered an upgrade, I asked.

Great to know, Chips! Last time I was there, I did see a black MC in the rental lot. Didn't realize that it was a rental, tho. Next time I'll ask for one!

Hafid, when you went to Orange County, did you go to Irvine or Long Beach? I know Irvine doesn't give loaners. Do you know if Long Beach does?

And yes, it would be really really NICE if MINI gave loaners, but since there are so few of them around (relatively) and they are a rather inexpensive vehicle [read: not a luxury car], I can understand why they wouldn't give another MINI. What I don't understand is why most don't give ANYTHING at all. That's just plain rediculous for those of us who only have one car.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:28 PM
MiniMac
4th Gear
WOW!
I have heard stories, but I didn't believe it was this bad.

Overall, I had a good experiece the 1st and only time I have been in for service.
Although the car was not ready when it was said to be ready. So I had to wait around 2 hours. Then I realized later that they dented my fender.
How do I know they did it?
Because when they were fixing my problem (a disconnected drain tube in the drivers side a pillar- which caused my car to leak) the had to remove the a pillar to connect
the tube to the bottom drain tube right behind the shrome Shark grills in the fender.
Again, how do I know they did it?
Because it was dented from the inside-out! It looks like they hit inside the fender with a wrench or something. They know I didn;t do it so I have been waiting to get it taken care of when it goes back in for service next week.

I also woder if soe of the problems you guys are having is because your cars ar 2002 models. I waited to order the 2003 model because I knew there would be many problems with the first year. There is with any car.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:33 PM
SCoop
6th Gear

>>Overall, I had a good experiece the 1st and only time I have been in for service.
>>Although the car was not ready when it was said to be ready. So I had to wait around 2 hours.

Yeah, my first time in for service I waited for the car a LOT longer than 2 hours. Wouldn't have been so bad if they had just told me that it would be ready in the evening instead of telling me that it would be ready after lunch.

>>Then I realized later that they dented my fender.
>>How do I know they did it?
>>Because it was dented from the inside-out! It looks like they hit inside the fender with a wrench or something.

Wow! that's insane!

>>I also woder if soe of the problems you guys are having is because your cars ar 2002 models. I waited to order the 2003 model because I knew there would be many problems with the first year. There is with any car.

Nope. Mine's an '03. Haven't really had many problems at all. What I've had have all been minor. I brought her in to the body shop because of my bad, not MINI's.

Old 08-08-2003, 01:43 PM
hafid
6th Gear
03 here too. Took it in one time for a recall, the second time to get my front headlight housing replacing because a bolt holding in place was broken.

There was one good experience I had :smile: - they flushed my coolant b/c it was brown without any questions.

I saw THREE MINI's today. Two on Frank Lloyd Wright (We waved - CR/W/stripes) and I saw a BRG MC with white stripes down the back...looked kinda cool.

I rarely see MINIs up here - probably b/c everyone wants a damn escalade with 22" wheels.

fools :smile:

haf :smile:

Old 08-08-2003, 01:55 PM
~sugar~
3rd Gear
>>I rarely see MINIs up here - probably b/c everyone wants a damn escalade with 22" wheels.

Hey! There's nothing wrong with rollin' on Dubs!!

Old 08-08-2003, 01:57 PM
MiniMac
4th Gear
Hafid,
It was Brown? Ooooooo.

I passed you on Tuesday. You need to drive that thing man.
I had to slow down to 75 for you to catch me.

By the way, I am ordering my 20's next week for my Wife's Tahoe.

Old 08-13-2003, 05:07 PM
~sugar~
3rd Gear
Just wondering if anyone knows... Does anyone know the name of the General Manager for the dealership (both BMW and MINI)? Thanks.

Old 08-14-2003, 03:40 PM
SCoop
6th Gear
>>Just wondering if anyone knows... Does anyone know the name of the General Manager for the dealership (both BMW and MINI)? Thanks.

Jack Guthrie. He sent me an email about my issues when someone pointed my post to him.

Old 08-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Chips-O'Toole
2nd Gear
Hafid - I think I saw you on the 101 northbound today. Union jack on the roof, right? looks great. Alas, i wasn't in my PW MC, so you would not have seen me.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:06 PM
~sugar~
3rd Gear
Looks like my little Sugar might be at the dealership for awhile for some testing next week. Got a call back from a Customer Relations guy from BMW/MINI Corporate and he spoke with the "head technician" at MINI NS to have my MINI tested, so I'm a little bit happier about that. I'm gonna try and get the MINI rental car. Plus I'll have another list of "fixes" for them to work on also. Now my driver windows doesn't go down - do the problems ever stop?

Old 08-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Zappa
5th Gear
Out of curiosity, where is the North Scottsdale dealer? I lived in N. Scottsdale 20 years ago at Roosevelt and Hayen just north of McDowell..

Old 08-14-2003, 04:17 PM
hafid
6th Gear
Zappa - 101 and Scottsdale road. North side of the loop.

Chips - hey, that was probably me! Thanks for the comments!

Minimac - I might have actually been in deep thought hence not "motoring" :smile:

You guys and your dubs....hehe. Drop $5000 on your mini instead!!!

haf :smile:

Old 08-14-2003, 04:56 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
>>>>Just wondering if anyone knows... Does anyone know the name of the General Manager for the dealership (both BMW and MINI)? Thanks.
>>
>>Jack Guthrie. He sent me an email about my issues when someone pointed my post to him.

I pointed out this thread to two people at MNS service.
'rbrees@unitedauto.com' and 'mreeves@unitedauto.com'

rbrees is supposed to be the manager there and mreeves (Mike Reeves) was my service advisor for my oil change visit.

:evil: :evil: : Talk about crappy customer service!

What's Jack's email address? Maybe I can get some response from him.

Zappa, the dealership is just north of Bell Rd on Scottsdale Blvd.

Old 08-14-2003, 09:07 PM
SCoop
6th Gear
>>>>>>Just wondering if anyone knows... Does anyone know the name of the General Manager for the dealership (both BMW and MINI)? Thanks.
>>>>
>>>>Jack Guthrie. He sent me an email about my issues when someone pointed my post to him.
>>
>>I pointed out this thread to two people at MNS service.
>>'rbrees@unitedauto.com' and 'mreeves@unitedauto.com'
>>
>>rbrees is supposed to be the manager there and mreeves (Mike Reeves) was my service advisor for my oil change visit.
>>
>> :evil: :evil:

Old 08-15-2003, 08:33 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Got it! Thanks

Old 08-15-2003, 09:05 AM
COOLBRZ
2nd Gear
Jenn,

this is the first I have seen the post, however I very happy that things are coming around, as you have probaby heard, the BLACK OUT, was an experience..

see you soon..