South East Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi

Kentucky and Southern Indiana MINI Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 01:41 PM
wwwebb
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KYSIMini

I have started a Kentucky and Southern Indiana MINI area on Yahoo!

I will try to keep it up to date with this region's information.

I will also try to get MINI Owners together before and after purchases.

Try to visit the site and JOIN!

My Email
wwwebby@yahoo.com

Old 01-23-2003, 05:21 AM
wwwebb
5th Gear
Go ahead and post a reply here if you are in this area so I can get a count going and also to be able to send notices for future get togethers.

Gillians has a great parking lot and plenty to do...

Old 01-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Sarcux
6th Gear
wwwebb...

There's already a club that covers your area... MiniOKI (Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana)... though I don't think there is a branch established there yet... you could make it a branch of MiniOKI, which already has a membership going, I think there are people in that area. Why don't you e-mail the founder, George Estes (gvestes@yahoo.com) and tell him that you're thinking of starting a club in that area... MiniOKI is based out of Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati.

Old 02-12-2003, 12:57 PM
wwwebb
5th Gear
>>wwwebb...
>>
>>There's already a club that covers your area... MiniOKI (Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana)... though I don't think there is a branch established there yet... you could make it a branch of MiniOKI, which already has a membership going, I think there are people in that area. Why don't you e-mail the founder, George Estes (gvestes@yahoo.com) and tell him that you're thinking of starting a club in that area... MiniOKI is based out of Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati.

I got with Yoda and he said that I should hang in there and wait for MINIOKI.com to start up and then we in the region will have a place to go. I should also be able to form the Louisville, Southern Indiana regional for the site.

So, goto MINIOKI group in Yahoo. at : MINIOKI Yahoo Group

Old 02-12-2003, 01:00 PM
RUMINI
2nd Gear
>>Go ahead and post a reply here if you are in this area so I can get a count going and also to be able to send notices for future get togethers.
>>
>>Gillians has a great parking lot and plenty to do...

WWWebb, I'm in the area (LaGrange, KY), and will be interested in joining. I should be picking up a car in 5 - 8 days at Cinci MINI.

Old 02-12-2003, 01:01 PM
RUMINI
2nd Gear
>>>>Go ahead and post a reply here if you are in this area so I can get a count going and also to be able to send notices for future get togethers.
>>>>
>>>>Gillians has a great parking lot and plenty to do...
>>
>>WWWebb, I'm in the area (LaGrange, KY), and will be interested in joining. I should be picking up a car in 5 - 8 days at Cinci MINI.

But I HATE Gillians.....

Old 02-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Sarcux
6th Gear
wwweb, great! Hopefully I'll get to see you at one of the All-MiniOKI-division meets.

Old 02-17-2003, 06:04 AM
wwwebb
5th Gear
Gillians is just a suggestion. It really makes no difference to me. Bluegrass Brewing Company on Shelbyville is a good place also.

Make a suggestion. I should be getting my MINI by middle of March. So late March or early April I will putting something together for a meet in Louisville.

KEEP IN TOUCH on Yahoo's MINIOKI.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Moggio
1st Gear
I live in Louisville and should be getting my MINI early to mid April. I think it'd be great to meet with a local group. I personally like Bluegrass Brewing Co., although I have nothing against Jillian's. (did I spell that right?)

Old 03-17-2003, 01:06 PM
wwwebb
5th Gear
Just keep in touch and sign up with MINIOKI and we should be fine. I am going to try to be the KYIANA chapter lead. So, hope to see you soon at the BBC. Bring your mug.

Old 03-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Moggio
1st Gear
No offense to MINIOKI, but they seem a little over organized to me. I checked out the Yahoo group and there seemed to be a lot of arguing over by-laws and dues and whatnot. I was hoping to just get together every now and then to check out some other MINIs, chat and have a beer or whatever. I'm not necessarily opposed to the more aggressive approach and would probably join if the consensus were all for it, but I'm more of the laid back type I guess. This is just my opinion and it's not even a very strong one at that.

Old 03-18-2003, 07:52 AM
wwwebb
5th Gear
I agree with you. That is also why I will probably not do a dues thing until it is all worked out by them and if we have a need (which I doubt). Also, the beer thing is good and really THAT is all I want to do anyway - Beer and talk about the cars.

Old 03-18-2003, 07:57 AM
wwwebb
5th Gear
Who wants to get together in April at BBC in St. Matthews?

Saturdays - Vote...
5th
12th
19th
26th

Old 03-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Moggio
1st Gear
Any of these but the 12th are good for me, although later in the month would be better, since I should have gotten my MINI by then as it is scheduled to arrive probably around the middle of April. WOOHOO!!!!

>>Who wants to get together in April at BBC in St. Matthews?
>>
>>Saturdays - Vote...
>>5th
>>12th
>>19th
>>26th
>>
>>
>>

Old 03-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Moggio
1st Gear
It sure got quiet in here all of a sudden...

Old 03-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Moggio
1st Gear
Rich-O's in New Albany is also a great place to meet and drink beer. There's plenty of parking near-by, the food is great and he's finally started making his own beer. I love this place and rarely get there anymore.

Old 03-30-2003, 03:55 PM
travelkids
3rd Gear
Hi to all! My MCS is sitting in Louisville under a car cover, waiting for its ride home in May! From April 20th on I will be in Louisville and would love to participate in any get togethers. You might just see me driving to "Brownings Brewerey" and Blue Grass Tap house both on Main st. Email me if you all meet up!

Old 04-12-2003, 07:43 AM
xsmall
Neutral
I've got a meet coming up in Somerst KY on April 26th. It's for a car show called Somernites. It's a non judged show and cruise. I've got a handful of people coming down, and am hoping for more. Email me at travelingmcmahans@europeanemail.com for more info.
:smile:

Old 04-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Moggio
1st Gear
I can't make it to Somerset, but if some folks want to get together locally sometime for a beer and/or whatnot, that'd be great. I finally got my car and have seen only one other MINI in Louisville since then. Seems I used to see them more often before I got it. My vote is for Bluegrass Brewery, although I like Rich-O's a lot and am all for trying the place on Main street. Do they have parking at the place on Main street?

Old 04-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Zwaloo
1st Gear
I'm in Bowling Green. I'd love to meet up with some other Mini owners, even if it means a drive to Louisville. I mean, my grandmother lives there in town, so I'd have to pry myself away from ya'll for a short bit to put some breeze through her hair, but all in all, sounds like fun.

I'll finally be 21 on June 4. I'd love to set up something here in Bowling Green, but so far I've only seen 1 other PS MCS rolling around town, so it'd be a limited gathering. Maybe Nashville has a group (there's a dealership there). Keep us updated on dates and times and I'll try and make it.

Old 04-23-2003, 06:03 AM
scoobs
3rd Gear
>>I can't make it to Somerset, but if some folks want to get together locally sometime for a beer and/or whatnot, that'd be great. I finally got my car and have seen only one other MINI in Louisville since then. Seems I used to see them more often before I got it. My vote is for Bluegrass Brewery, although I like Rich-O's a lot and am all for trying the place on Main street. Do they have parking at the place on Main street?

Moggio:

Just discovered this thread. (I think we PM'd this week?) I picked up my MCS from Cincinnati MINI last week and have been motoring all around town. Would like to meet with you and others whenever. Going to Gulf Shores, Ala. this weekend...leaving Thursday around 1 p.m. and we're staying at the Best Western on the Beach Friday and Saturday nights. Might make it to the Mullet Toss (FloraBama Bar).....ANYWAY, we'll be back Monday and maybe we can get together before the Derby? BBC's in St. Matthews? Air Devil's Inn on Wednesday? ?????

Old 04-23-2003, 07:01 AM
Moggio
1st Gear
>>Just discovered this thread. (I think we PM'd this week?) I picked up my MCS from Cincinnati MINI last week and have been motoring all around town. Would like to meet with you and others whenever. Going to Gulf Shores, Ala. this weekend...leaving Thursday around 1 p.m. and we're staying at the Best Western on the Beach Friday and Saturday nights. Might make it to the Mullet Toss (FloraBama Bar).....ANYWAY, we'll be back Monday and maybe we can get together before the Derby? BBC's in St. Matthews? Air Devil's Inn on Wednesday? ?????

Either of those places sounds good. BBC has better beer and probably a bigger parking lot, although I'm not sure that'll matter at this point anyway. Wednesday (the 30th) is my loser brother-in-law's birthday, so I might have to go eat cake with the family, but maybe not. Definitely one day next week though.

Have fun in bama. I love going to the beach - we're going to Daytona in May.

Old 04-23-2003, 10:10 AM
scoobs
3rd Gear
>>>>Just discovered this thread. (I think we PM'd this week?) I picked up my MCS from Cincinnati MINI last week and have been motoring all around town. Would like to meet with you and others whenever. Going to Gulf Shores, Ala. this weekend...leaving Thursday around 1 p.m. and we're staying at the Best Western on the Beach Friday and Saturday nights. Might make it to the Mullet Toss (FloraBama Bar).....ANYWAY, we'll be back Monday and maybe we can get together before the Derby? BBC's in St. Matthews? Air Devil's Inn on Wednesday? ?????
>>
>>Either of those places sounds good. BBC has better beer and probably a bigger parking lot, although I'm not sure that'll matter at this point anyway. Wednesday (the 30th) is my loser brother-in-law's birthday, so I might have to go eat cake with the family, but maybe not. Definitely one day next week though.
>>
>>Have fun in bama. I love going to the beach - we're going to Daytona in May.

How 'bout Tuesday, BBC in St. Matthews? 6:00???

Old 04-24-2003, 07:59 AM
wwwebb
5th Gear
Hey, I have been gone a while AND forgot about me starting this thread!!! How much does that suck?

Anyway, Tuesday? the 29th? That would work!

Old 04-24-2003, 08:09 AM
wwwebb
5th Gear
I PM'ed all posters to this group. Hope Tuesday works!

ALSO, don't forget about this Sunday. There is going to be a ralley starting at INDI's MINI dealership at 9am. Bout 200 miles. If you dont want to drive, I need a navigator.

contact Rubin if interested: rubin@ccrtc.com

Quick Reply: Kentucky and Southern Indiana MINI Group