South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

move to NC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
MSFIT
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
move to NC?

Let me go over my situation right now first.

I am a college student, I moved out when I grad high school to phoenix to attened UTI, after a while down there I ended up getting evicted due to some bad decisions and a bad influence room mate. So I moved back home a year ago and have been attending a community college here in santa cruz, ca.

I can't stand living back at home with my parents. So I am selling the MINI , getting a 95 M3. Insurance is same price, but I will no longer have a car payment..woohoo!

I have no credit right now, though I just applied for a citi divedend card. I was recommened this by a bunch of people that it is a good choice for a college student.

So, my first plan was to move back to phoenix into a 1 bed by myself. I worked out costs and everything, found a place within 3 miles of the community college I would attend there. I know people there, so getting a job wouldn't be that difficult.

Here is where NC, comes in. Now I used to live in Cary, NC a while back. A friend of my dad's still lives there but works with my dad here on the west coast, he is an extremely helpful person and he is pretty well off. Well I have known him myself since I was in like 3rd grade or something. He has offered me a room in his house(in raleigh), and he probably wont even be there most of the time.

The pro's of being there would be:
Cheap Rent
Garage with tools
Don't need credit
New license (I have points on my AZ license and my CA license)
Would be mostly furnished

The Con's:
Don't know anyone
Harder to get a job
Don't know the area
Don't know what schools

My dad has moved us place to place as we grew up because of his job, so change is nothing new to me and I really like coming to a new place. What I am saying is I have no problem with meeting new people and exploring a new area.

I guess my question is what is your opinion on this? Also what kinda schools around there? What do you think would be the smarter move? I plan on staying wherever I make this next move untill I finish school. One thing that is really making this decision hard is I have some good friends in phoenix that I would really like to hang out with again, and I feel like I am being selfish to take up this deal in NC.

Cliffnotes: I'm in santa cruz, want to move to either phx, az or raleigh, nc. I kno people in phx, I kno no pretty much no one in raleigh. Good deal on a place in raleigh, not so in phx.

Thanks for looking.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Well I just got home from college and realize after two weeks just how much I miss living alone.

I'm facing some pretty significant changes myslef in the next few months to a year. I used to be very set on where I wanted to end up and working backward from there; my current situation I have changed my outlook to, what is important to me and how do I have the most options to get there. I guess my point is, don't close any doors or burn any bridges.

You know whats important to you and hopefully those in the NC area can provide you with the info you need to make the right choice for you.

I also am well aware job staus is a make or break in getting everything to work.

Sorry to hear you must part ways with the MINI, but I understand your reasons, going to stick around on NAM right?

Best of luck, hope this helps.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:04 AM
bluesmini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you move?