South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Moving to Lumberton, NC...

Old 08-03-2004, 03:51 PM
madman31
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Lumberton, NC...

I've taken a job at UNC-Pembroke and am moving later this month to Lumberton. I was wondering if there was a Mini club in the area--Fayetteville, Raleigh, or somewhere else relatively nearby.

I'm also smack dab in the middle between the Charleston, Winston-Salem, and Greenville dealers. Can anyone recommend one of the three over any of the others for service, or will I be happy at any of them?

THanks!

Kevin Freeman

Old 08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Audioman
4th Gear
Madman31

M2C2 is a growing club in the Carolinas with a local chapter in Raleigh.

Check out the MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas thread for more info and times for montly meetings.

We are an active bunch with weekend drives and other activities.

Melindalou just hosted a drive and dinner this past weekend.

August 8th (This Sunday) is the Flow Rally up to VIR to watch a race. A few of us are caravaning out to Winston for this.

1Minigrl is organizing a halloween event that is sure to be spooktacular

As for the dealerships, both Charleston and Greenville dealers offer discounts to M2C2 members. MINI Charleston Sponsered a Phil Wicks MINI School in April and Flow has Biannual rallys.
They all are active in the MINI Community,
So I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

I hope this helps.
See you at an event sometime

Old 08-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Welcome to "no-man's land" Kevin. I'm in Fayetteville and the closest active club is in Raleigh. It's actually a chapter of M2C2 (MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas). I know there was someone getting something organized in Wilmington and another working in the Myrtle Beach SC area. I've sort of become a vagabond, traveling to where ever the meets and runs are being held. The western half of the state is a bit of a drive but some of the roads out there border on unbelievable.

I know there are about 18 MINI's in town here. So far none of the drivers I've talked to have been of the "enthusiast" mind, if you know what I mean.

As for dealerships, the only one I've dealt with has been Flow in W-S. I've not had to see them too much as the car's been a real gem. The times I have gone have been good experiences. Flow seems to be pretty mod friendly if you're into that end of it.