Smoky Mountain MINIs The club forum of the Smoky Mountain MINIs in Eastern Tennessee. Visit the club site at www.smokymountainmini.org

Cancer Benefit Banner

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 02:03 PM
shorn
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancer Benefit Banner

Is your group interested in taking part in the plan to relay a banner across the US in support of The American Cancer Society? Our group in AL (BAMAMINI) has the banner now, having received it from the Atlanta group today. We're lookin' to hand it off to a neighboring state MINI/Mini organization so that it can make its way West. See this post for more information on the genesis of this plan. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=108673

If you're interested, I'd be happy to meet you all at a central location, maybe the AL/TN state line or wherever its mutually convenient.
We had a ride today to meet the Atlanta carriers that resulted in 26 MINIs, Minis, and BMC (TRs & MGs) cars through the wilds of East AL, culminating with a Hamburger lunch South of Bham. Our organizer in BAMAMINI (bamatt) sold vinyl stickers with the proceeds to go to the ACS.
If you're interested , go to our forum page https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...splay.php?f=49 and add a posting under the above thread.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:25 PM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
Let me see what we can pull together. There are four groups in Tennessee. Chattanooga has Scenic City MINIs, SMM here in East Tennessee, Mid TN MINIs in the Nashville area and the Midsouth Miniacs around Memphis. Let's see if we can do a Cross Tennessee run with it. Maybe Chatt will get it from you, then to us here in east TN, then on across the state from there.

Give me just a bit here because this is the first time I've heard of it and we have a busy fall already with a drive in movie on the 15th, a "Mini Raising" on the 29th and our 4th annual BOO Run in October.

I'd rather see it travel via MINIs than any other way of passage.

Cheers,
Donna

Old 08-26-2007, 05:42 PM
shorn
4th Gear
Sounds good to me. We wanted to avoid UPSing somewhere - that just isn't right. PM me or post on our NAM subforum.
Steve

Old 09-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Mrs. Skurvy
3rd Gear
QueenB - If you all can't swing getting the banner from the Bama foks, I could get the banner from them and bring it to you at Kershaw if you're interested. Just let me know.