Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

How long for moderator approval

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Mol
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long for moderator approval

I posted a thread in the Travel Stories section and I got a note that said it would be posted pending moderator approval. It's been over 41 hours now and my post it still not there. I can't imagine why it would not be approved.

Also, I see now, no moderators listed for the Travel Stories section, in which case, my addition to this forum will never get approved (I'm really not sure why it needed to be approved in the first place)

Old 03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All new members get there posts moderated. The reason for the delay is probably AMVIV, A MINI Vacation In Vegas, which is a national event this weekend.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
FiasCoFarm,

I just approved the thread. JustJAY is correct - a lot of folks, including Mark & Dave (the other two that approve things) are out at AMVIV. I've been trying to keep up as much as I can. Sorry for the delay, it usually isn't so bad.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Brad Bedell
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bringing this back from the dead. Good info to know. I didn't see it anywhere in the FAQ or other 'rules'.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:38 PM
fergy016
2nd Gear
So how many posts do I have to make before I am able to post without hesitation. It is annoying to see other members answer the same question I have already given input on.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:47 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Folks, FYI, the software platform of NAM has changed dramatically over the years, and the rules for moderated posts are largely automated through a combination of the newness of a member coupled with the specific content of the post. A new member who posts a hyperlink may get the post moderated due to the software's anti-spam filter.

If you have a thread or post moderated, just sit tight for a few hours. By that time--depending on the time of the day--a moderator will likely have the time to review and approve the post(s). We're usually pretty quick about it, but sometimes things slip through the cracks. If something hasn't shown up in a day, drop a moderator a PM and we'll be sure it gets taken care of. I just went through this exact process with another member earlier today.

And sometimes posts get moderated for some reason unknown to us mere mortals. But know that the moderating staff tries very hard to be attentive to and prompt with approving these moderated posts.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
fergy016
2nd Gear
Good looking out, just checking if there was a specific number of posts the users have to make before the restriction is lifted. Sounds like a automated system that will loosen the restriction the more I post on NAM.
Thank you for the quick response wandrur.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure thing. It's weird, as sometimes a member with 2 posts will get moderated, and then a member with 15+ will get moderated. And it's not really an adjustable filter. Which, of course, means that some actual human being has to look at each moderated post in order to establish that you people aren't spamming our forums.

And I approved that post of yours that was waiting in the queue.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:13 PM
HKSpeed
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fergy016
So how many posts do I have to make before I am able to post without hesitation.
I have the same question. Other websites require a specific number of posts or time to pass before the removal of a probationary period.

How many weeks or how many posts will it take for my posts to be un-moderated? Many of my posts don't get posted, when I think there's nothing wrong with them. I really like this site, but perhaps I'll have to stick to motoring alliance or motoringunderground if I want to post a question.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
15 posts is when all moderation controls are removed not including those on moderation as a result of disciplinary action; however some accounts get reported as being spam, so we set those in groups that may monitor them up to 50 posts and users with major infractions or attempting to act as Vendors without agreements in place can be moderated indefinately.

If the post complies with the guidelines it will be approved; we do currently have some posts stuck in the queue and the tech support team has been working on getting those sorted out for a few days now; new posts made should be unaffected but in the days just before and just after the new year change triggered some sort of glitch in the software.

Last edited by Motor On; 01-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:03 AM
insanitize
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't deal well with over moderation which is what I'm feeling now so I may never make it to 50 posts. This is the first forum I've ever joined that has such strick rules.

Just my $0.02

Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Helltime
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by insanitize
I don't deal well with over moderation which is what I'm feeling now so I may never make it to 50 posts. This is the first forum I've ever joined that has such strick rules.

Just my $0.02
^^ This.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM
ParsedOut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by insanitize

Just my $0.02
Agreed as well, this is crazy...