Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

The site rocks, but Palo Uber needs removal!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Matt..........I just like to know when I get things wrong.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ummm..

Originally Posted by ScottinBend
Thanks Matt..........I just like to know when I get things wrong.
Let me get my list.... Aw helll! I don't have that much time for typing!

Matt

Old 05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MidniteCoop
This site is lame and PU rocks!
Apparently, your opinion was in the distinct minority on this one (even if you do have a cool-looking ride ). Palo Uber (THANKFULLY ) has been told to hit the road, hopefully face first, according to the thread that began this last chapter in the PU saga (see the quote below; thanks admin! ), which was my shock and appall over the PU ad enabling an improper (what some might term FRAUDULENT) income tax deduction.

Yes, it was clearly wrong - there was NO wiggle room about it, as some of your comments suggested might exist (in the thread that was closed after PU got the boot). Sincerely, with all due respect to your layman's opinion, your experience with your own taxes (what you've managed to squeak past the tax authorities) is not what counts here. You're a designer and NOT a tax accountant, so you won on the odds of only about 1 in 1,000 individual taxpayers getting audited, which is why folks - like you - apparently do things on their own tax returns (sometimes even with the help or a wink and a nod of a cooperative accountant - ones that should be put out of business like the ones who aided and abetted ENRON) that are not within the white lines, but never get challenged, so they think it is cool and they sleep well.

This is my territory your on here, which is why I called attention to the PU ad, and I've been doing it for over 30 years. What PU advertised was just plain out of bounds, as they were PROMOTING a sale of product based on this inaccurate advice - end of story .

Now that the PU predators are off NAM, I hope you do not continue to experience problems with your past purchases, as you indicated you've had to return stuff on more than one occasion. PU has zero reason now to even help their one and only friend on NAM. Good luck with that; as I said right up front, you've done a nice job with your Mini, so let's hope it stays that way.

Originally Posted by IB Vendor Setup
Administrator

Gallery
NorthAmericanMotoring.com announces the discontinuation of Palo Uber as a NAM vendor for inadequately addressing concerns previously highlighted by Mark. We wish them the best of luck in the future.

- Alvin, Director of Business Operations