Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

What is wrong here on NAM

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:48 PM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amen. luckily, the OP is now PM'ing me for advice since she appreciated my experience. sad that it came to that instead of the useful and open exchange of info which is the raison d'etre for a forum community

Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
AutoXCooper.com
Banned
Location: Car Nut Since 1987, Owner Since Fall 2005, Vendor Since Fall 2007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steve11
i believe a lot could be gained by removing the 'posts count' as a lot of people seem to post just to get their post count up while not actually contributing anything.
Secondly & even more importantly i believe a lot could be gained by removing the '1st Gear-6th Gear' status as this definitely creates discrimination & victimisation towards new members.
Just a couple of ideas that may be worth consideration, please don't start flaming me because i am not from the US or in 6th Gear.
You guys down under have some really cool cars we could only hope to see in the states.

To the issue.

I think there is only a small number of people that post to shift gears. I find it helpful to know what gear someone on NAM is in. Helps me to understand the person I'm online with. Like many things in life, it's good and bad, but for the most part a good thing to know what someones post count is IMHO.