Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers A Mini club serving Northern Nevada and the California sierra crest counties of Eldorado, Nevada, and Placer

Shasta Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:35 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shasta Run

Hello all you Sierra Nevada MINIs,

First I thought I'd start a new thread to put a new post up on the NAM site. Figured it was time to move on.

Next I am looking forward to many of you joining us on the Shasta Run. Weather looks perfect for those who like it warm. Skies are clear and there is still snow on most of the mountains. Mt. Shasta is covered so the Sunset Dinner train should be quite a sight. Sunset is about 8:40PM so we will have some fantastic views from the train.

We are expecting channel 7 news to cover our arrival in Redding on Friday. Since many of you from SNMC will be coming directly to Redding, we are setting up a spot where we can all meet about 6PM and drive into town together. The hotel has provided us a "car wash" station in the parking lot in the back. We will have a hose and bucket.

If you arrive early at the Oxford Suites, please park in the front along Hilltop Drive and take up as much room as possible. Jessica will be putting up yellow barrier tape to block off spaces for all the MINIs. We will have a registration table in the lobby or out at the pool. There you can get your pun packets, maps, etc.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:11 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Hello MiniPooper(s)

Just a note to say I am sorry I am going to miss Shasta...I will be traveling.

Also, even my trip to Carson City for dinner this week is questionable, since I have twisted (possibly torn) my calf muscle in my clutch leg....(Yeoww!)

Have a great time
jeff

Old 06-18-2006, 08:37 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words. Take care of that leg. Sounds painful.

If this run goes as I think it will, we will make this an annual event. There were so many options to the routes we selected. I am already mapping out next year's run. Hope you will be able to make that one.

I am sure we will see you on the Lake Tahoe run in September. That is the second half of our 2006 MountainTour.

Cheers and keep the rubber side down.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM
renomojo
2nd Gear
Jeff- if you want a ride down to Carson, You're welcome to ride with me.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:06 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Thanks RenoMojo

Originally Posted by renomojo
Jeff- if you want a ride down to Carson, You're welcome to ride with me.
Thank you Keri:

I really did it this time....been about a week and no relief (not even from the strongest pain meds a pain management doc would perscribe....knocked out my head...but not the pain!)

I will see if there is any progress by say tues. If so, I may just take you up on your offer! (will call or write on Tues either way). Besides the driving...it is taking even 10 steps that really hurts....Luckily I have a Hiking stick (Now a cane!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On a different note: I did get "NEW SHOES" on the MC! They are the fancier 2005 "S" 16" Mini Wheels w/ Dunlop 5000's (runflats again<sigh>)

It seems as though all the "S" drivers want 17" + wheels, and lots of BRAND NEW 16" wheels and tires wind up on Ebay at outrageous prices !!!

How about $640 delivered, for 4 new ones Rims and tires)!(I inspected them and there was not a mark...got here in 1.5 days too!) Heck, the runflats alone are about $1000! And for my Non "S", 16" were on there (I think it came with 15" stock) New ones are also 16".
So now I have 2 sets of runflats and wheels; Dunlop 3000a's on my "old" rims...and the 5000's on the new rims! At those prices, will keep em all! My older rims were beginning to look a bit scrubby anyway after 3 yrs...this is cheaper than refinishing them!

Would rather have the 5000's for winter and 3000a's for summer, but just swapping them is a bundle! Cooper will not be going out much in winter anyway...winter is for the "UGLYMOBILE" HONDA ELEMENT!

The attached Pic is not of mine, but these are the just like the ones I got.
Check ya later
Jeff

Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Yep...sept And Tahoe It Is!

Originally Posted by mini pooper
Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words. Take care of that leg. Sounds painful.

If this run goes as I think it will, we will make this an annual event. There were so many options to the routes we selected. I am already mapping out next year's run. Hope you will be able to make that one.

I am sure we will see you on the Lake Tahoe run in September. That is the second half of our 2006 MountainTour.

Cheers and keep the rubber side down.
Yep...will be at the Tahoe run without a doubt! (If the leg is not better...there is always a saw! )....Hopefully most of the tourists will be gone and we can have the roads to ourselves!!!

Looking forward to it too! Tahoe is still one of my favorite places on Earth, and I have lived here a long time! Great place to take the Coopers and cameras!!!!

regards
jeff

Old 06-23-2006, 07:12 AM
weavee g
Coordinator :: Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers Club Forum
pLEASE TRY AND NOT MIX YOUR POSTS...THIS WAS ABOUT THE sHASTA RUN,......

Old 06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
renomojo
2nd Gear
So how was the Shasta run?

Old 06-26-2006, 09:04 AM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Shasta Run was fabulous! We met some great folks from Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts (REME) and NorCal Minis. The scenery was great as well and some of the twisties made for great driving experiences.

The weather was generally clear and quite hot. My thermometer registered 112 at its highest in Redding on Friday afternoon, but mostly it was in the high 90s for most of the weekend. The short trip up to Bunny Flats near the base of Mt. Shasta was a nice respite from the heat (it was in the 50s at 8:00 in the morning). And the short walk down to Burney Falls was a delightful diversion. The mist on the lake and the rainbow were beautiful. I'll be posting a smattering of pictures I took later today in my Gallery.

We are looking forward to more members of Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers attending such events in the future.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:18 AM
MR ECON
6th Gear

Okay, some pictures from the Shasta Run are now posted on my Gallery.
They end on page 2 with the photo of Burney Falls. Enjoy!

Old 06-26-2006, 01:42 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Great Photos! Thanks for sharing. Beuatiful shot at Mt. Shasta and the rainbow at Burney Falls.

We are getting a lot of photos. Here is a link to Rob (Hoopi)'s.

http://hoopi.smugmug.com/Mini/202677

I know there will be a bunch more too come. Jesse & I are still in Shasta and I will start downloading photos soon. Got some good videos of some of the twisties.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Black and Blue
2nd Gear
Shasta

I can't say enough about the run !!!!!! I had a great time. The people, the roads, the minis, the hotels and guess what..........FREE breakfasts. It really did not cost that much. Only went through a tank and a half (63.00 $ ) and took an ice chest for drinks and snacks. All in all I will be going next year for sure. I just wish some how we had more from Sierra Nevada Minis to go. We did about 1000 miles. Glenn has the exact. It was 115.3 miles from Grass Valley to Carson City. I just loved seeing all the minis and getting all the comments from towns people who either wrote us up in their newspaper or the news that had us on tv. Now after I told my next door neighbor ALL about our trip he is going to trade in his ford f350 for a mini cooper!!! I should get a commission from Wade !!!! I will send out newsletters this week. Lisa

Old 06-26-2006, 11:01 PM
zied
Coordinator :: Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
I am glad that SNMC was represented on this run! We are so glad that you could join us. Janet, Elsa, Ivy and I are still enroute. We are actually in Yreka as I type this. We should return Wednesday night to Healdsburg. I will try to upload some photos on the REME MegaBBS then.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:15 PM
weavee g
Well, we had a Great time. So many of my Mini friends were there. It was 4 days of fun driving. Our Hotels were very good. The Shasta Dinner Train was excellent. We had tempertures from 50' to 115'. The Mini's ran pretty good overall in the heat.With over 25 Mini's showing up there were only 2 that had problems during the 4 days. We really want to THANK RedwoodEmpireMinis for the Great job of putting this Mountain tour together. We also want to remind our Club that Part 2 of there tour will be in our area Labor day weekend. This is going to be an annual event so maybe next year we can have more of SierraNevadaMinis coming out. Total miles for Lisa 1,122.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:33 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Here is a link to an article in the Mt. Shasta Herald, a local newspaper in Mt. Shasta that covered our arrival on Saturday afternoon before going out on the dinner train.
http://www.mtshastanews.com/articles...ws/05minis.txt

Old 06-29-2006, 05:30 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Neat!

Originally Posted by mini pooper
Here is a link to an article in the Mt. Shasta Herald, a local newspaper in Mt. Shasta that covered our arrival on Saturday afternoon before going out on the dinner train.
http://www.mtshastanews.com/articles...ws/05minis.txt
Pretty Nice Article!! (bet Niello enjoyed it too!)

Wish I could have been there!
Glad all had a good time and the town looks as though they enjoyed it too!
regards
Jeff

Old 06-29-2006, 08:39 AM
renomojo
2nd Gear
great article

Wow! that article was great! Sounds like it was a great time had by all.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:23 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Rawls Frazier's Photo link - Shasta Run

Just had to pass these along:

Here is a link to Rawls Frazier’s photos from our Trinity-Shasta-Lassen Run. It’s great to click on slide show and just watch. Rawls did a great job. Thanks Rawls!!!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/petamini_pix/album?.dir=/7b65scd

Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 AM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Very Cool Pictures!!!

Especially those of MR ECON.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:23 PM
weavee g
Thanks Norm for passing along the Link to the album. See what you missed by not joining this Mini Adventure.