Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers A Mini club serving Northern Nevada and the California sierra crest counties of Eldorado, Nevada, and Placer

Group bonding

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:10 PM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could always tow...

Originally Posted by El Matador
I'll be there with minimotoring, so sounds like at least 3 cars...
Could always have a friend drive the ugly mobile down too...that way if the weather turned bad...we could put the Mini's in it and hide out!

See ya there...will hang out in the parking lot for a little while watching since i do not think we know what the others look like once outside the MC's!

Jeff

Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 PM
renomojo
2nd Gear
Tonight's Group Bonding

WE had a great turnout for the impromptu Group Bonding Meeting. There were six MINIs total, including three PW's!

We will definitely have to do it again, next time with a little more warning so more MINI's can come.

It was nice meeting you in person Jeff, see you Saturday. PS-that was kinda fun on McCarran!

Can't wait to meet the rest of the group.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:27 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Yeppers....

Originally Posted by renomojo
WE had a great turnout for the impromptu Group Bonding Meeting. There were six MINIs total, including three PW's!

We will definitely have to do it again, next time with a little more warning so more MINI's can come.

It was nice meeting you in person Jeff, see you Saturday. PS-that was kinda fun on McCarran!

Can't wait to meet the rest of the group.
Yep...Really enjoyed meeting you and your friends...all very nice folks and I look forward to Sat too!!! I hope we can do it again...more often too! NEXT time I WILL be able to have some WINE!!!

McCarran WAS a fun ride...especially when the others tried to box us in! NO WAY!!!

"JUST SAY NO TO BLOCKERS!"

Awaiting some MC stuff to arrive today or tomorrow!!!
Later
Jeff

Old 06-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Black and Blue
2nd Gear
mini bonding

Glad to see a good turn out tuesday evening. Now if we could just get them on the runs then we may have 12-14 minis!!!!What a sight that would be.We usually start the runs in Carson depending on whether wer'e going north or south.If these are new minis, like Matador,do they want a newsletter of upcoming events?We do the runs on sat or sun,majority works mon-fri.Glenn has belonged to many groups in Calif and now us for almost a year and has great runs he has already done. He knows the good roads.I don't mind getting together during the week, this week just not good. Try to get all 6 of those minis to come sat to Tahoe run.Thanks Renomojo.Lisa P.S.I will be out on the lawn next to hwy 50 Mills Park Community Center parking lot.See you there.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:33 AM
renomojo
2nd Gear
Another MINI gathering

I'm sorry that you missed the group bonding ...it was fun. We'll do it again.

I have an idea inspired by El Matador (my brother)...how about a MINI gathering at the movies to see the new Pixar movie "Cars?"

We definitely need to get together again...soon. It was fun!

I dropped a note on a new Cooper today at Summit Sierra...still working on getting my cards made up.

See you all on Saturday!

Old 06-11-2006, 11:06 AM
renomojo
2nd Gear
More Bonding

Since our last group bonding session was so much fun, let's try to do it again. I'm thinking about Thursday, June 22 as a possible meeting time. Maybe a little earlier, say around 6:30 or 7:00.

Also, the mall location seemed to work pretty well...but we've been warned about mall security possibly harassing us. So, if anyone has a suggestion for a different location, let us know.

It was great meeting everyone yesterday...I so wanted to drive with you guys the whole way...but duty called and I had to go to work.

If there are any MINI owners new to the site, don't be shy...we'd love to meet you and your MINI.

Cheers!

Old 06-11-2006, 10:10 PM
weavee g
Coordinator :: Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers Club Forum
What about meeting in Carson City at Bulleys? Rainbow Blue and myself are leaving the next day for a 4 day run to Redding/Shasta and it might make it easier for us locals in carson city not to have to go to Reno that night. glenn

Old 06-11-2006, 10:46 PM
renomojo
2nd Gear
Carson City Bully's wouldn't be so bad. I'll try to get the others to come.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:00 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
Firm it up! Need anti Bug creme!!!!

Carson City Bully's wouldn't be so bad. I'll try to get the others to come.
Just let me know! One problem...renomojo beat me to the donuts last week...AN ALL TIME FIRST!!!

Reno Minis can meet for the ride down! Plan to leave early ...traffic at that time gets bad!
Jeff

Old 06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
weavee g
Yea, either way would be traffic. But just enjoy the view along Washoe lake.Hope this works. I will talk with Lisa about this after 6 tonight. glenn

Old 06-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Black and Blue
2nd Gear
during the week meet

Here I am Glenn....Yes Bully's in Carson City would be good for that night only because I get off work at 4:00,will pick up my mini with a NEW paint job,go home and wash and shine my mini, oh and yeah I guess I have to pack for a 4 day vacation at Lake Shasta. Driving gloves and a swim suit, is that enough!!!!!The hotel has a pool for after run activities!!!The mountains up there are beautiful and Vance will have his trick camera.I can make it to Bully's at around 6:00. Is that ok? Let me know everyone.I can give you info on our "Charity "S.N.M.C.run in August that will help Dog Town Canine Rescue and our club as well. No Bigy Lisa

Old 06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
1HTMNI
1st Gear
group bonding

The 22nd sounds good. I get off around 5:30 and work by Meadowood. Renoites it would be nice if we could go down to Carson as a group. Let me know. Lisa can't wait to see the new paint!
Melissa

Old 06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carson City Bully's at 6 PM on Thursday, June 22 works for me. I think I'll bring the wife and we'll have dinner.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:23 AM
renomojo
2nd Gear
Alright 6 pm it is...I'll make sure all the other MINIs know about it. We should meet in Reno and drive down together. I'll talk to them and then figure out who's coming and where to meet.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Phurbahl
2nd Gear
Hi all - Wade is in fact giving out your cards. Apparently I just missed you the other day at Niello. Anyways, now that I know you are nearby I'll be watching your board too and may be able to convince my wife to bring both our Mini's on a future run of yours. We don't get up into the mountains near often enough, especially with Tahoe just 2 hours away :(

Look forward to meeting you on the Shasta run if not sooner!
Rob & Leeta
REME Members in Sac

Old 06-19-2006, 09:00 AM
1HTMNI
1st Gear
Thursday 22nd

My manager just told me that she needs me to work Thursday night so I will not be able to make it. It looks like I will be working until around 7:00 every Thursday. So hopefully we can get together soon on a night other then Wed. or Thurs. Melissa

Old 06-20-2006, 09:02 AM
renomojo
2nd Gear
Reno MINIS fading fast

We're all fading fast, I can't seem to gather any MINIS to go down to Carson

I'm going to try to get a few MINIS to come, but so far I haven't been too successful....everyone has to work. You know how work gets in the way!

If I can't get anyone to come, should we postpone and find a better time for everyone? I'd love to have a few MINIS to make the drive with. Sanchez might get lonely

Let me know what you guys think. Is there another day that would work for you guys?

Old 06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
gizzer777
5th Gear
I'm In

We're all fading fast, I can't seem to gather any MINIS to go down to Carson

I'm going to try to get a few MINIS to come, but so far I haven't been too successful....everyone has to work. You know how work gets in the way!

If I can't get anyone to come, should we postpone and find a better time for everyone? I'd love to have a few MINIS to make the drive with. Sanchez might get lonely

Let me know what you guys think. Is there another day that would work for you guys?
You know I am in...a bit gimpy, but in!
Hint ...never tear a muscle!

Jeff

Old 06-20-2006, 08:29 PM
weavee g
I know of 3 from Carson City that will be there.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Black and Blue
2nd Gear
bully's

I did calls today and left 4 messages and talked to 4 minis and no answer from Bob. I also heard from Grease who is finishing my roof. Debbie is coming and Vance,me and Glenn. Connie will try and Frodo too.We will never please all the minis all the time but we can please some of the minis some of the time.It's OK though, like runs we never know who is coming at the last minute.I just hope everyone is on this website keeping up with events.The July 16 Alameda run should be good. Connie,Debbie,Glenn,Vance?me and maybe Linda so far.My mind is on SHASTA, it is sooooo hard to concentrate on anything but my mini and my mini vacation.Read how many are coming!!!!I will take lots of pictures and download them when I get home.Hope to see you in Carson. Lisa

Old 06-21-2006, 09:39 AM
renomojo
2nd Gear
Well, I'm coming for sure...maybe with two other MINIs?

I'll be bringing Jeff along in my car since he's a bit gimpy.

Any Reno MINIs out there...let's plan on meeting at Krispy Kreme at 5:30 PM to drive down to Carson. Any objections...let me know.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:02 AM
gizzer777
5th Gear
I'll be lucky...

Well, I'm coming for sure...maybe with two other MINIs?

I'll be bringing Jeff along in my car since he's a bit gimpy.

Any Reno MINIs out there...let's plan on meeting at Krispy Kreme at 5:30 PM to drive down to Carson. Any objections...let me know.
Geesh...
I'll be lucky if Renomojo doesn't hook a tow bar to me and tow me down! Looking forward to seeing everyone
jeff

jeff

Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 AM
weavee g
Sounds good, we should have more room to ourself since the NBA final game was last night instead of Thursday, that would have drawn a much bigger crowd to Bully's.....see ya... glenn

Old 06-21-2006, 11:57 AM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to a BLT wrap and a diet cola for dinner. See you there.

Old 06-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Black and Blue
2nd Gear
Speaking of food Vance, I just got all the snacks for Shasta oh and food for the kids at home!!!!I plan on a lot of cold ice waters in a cooler as Redding is very hot.Granola bars and fruit too for the runs. But when it comes to poolside entertainment I am a pro. I will have the fixings for gin and tonics or bahama mamas.And snapple if you don't drink.We should get there early enough to take a dip and a cocktail maybe even dinner before the others arrive in town.Remember your swim suits! Do I have Shasta Brain?????See you all thursday evening with a new roof. Lisa

Quick Reply: Group bonding