North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/sierra-nevada-mini-coopers-140/)
-   -   Group bonding (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/sierra-nevada-mini-coopers/70042-group-bonding.html)

renomojo 05-31-2006 08:34 AM

Group bonding

I think it would be fun to have a weekly or every-other week meeting. Nothing formal, I'm just talking about hanging out somewhere for a few hours to talk about our cars and club events. It would be a good way for those of us who haven't been able to make it to any of the runs to keep up with the club.

Think about all the wonderful MINI talk that could go on...sounds good doesn't it?:thumbsup:

Hngn on n the psnger seat 05-31-2006 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by renomojo
I think it would be fun to have a weekly or every-other week meeting. Nothing formal, I'm just talking about hanging out somewhere for a few hours to talk about our cars and club events. It would be a good way for those of us who haven't been able to make it to any of the runs to keep up with the club.

Think about all the wonderful MINI talk that could go on...sounds good doesn't it?:thumbsup:

Mojo what about something more monthly like say drinks and dinner?? I know there is a club in Texas that gets together for Ice cream once a week :nod:

goldcountrymini 05-31-2006 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hngn on n the psnger seat
Mojo what about something more monthly like say drinks and dinner?? I know there is a club in Texas that gets together for Ice cream once a week :nod:

Ice cream social! :lol: Sign me up! hahahahaha:lol: :razz:

gizzer777 05-31-2006 08:59 PM

Count me in too

Bring on the lobster, and of course...wine!:lol:

or....I would settle for donuts and coffee too!

How about a Picnic in a park...would be relaxing too!
great idea Renomojo! Cookout burgers anf dogs...BYO?
Just some thoughts!

I'll bring cameras....

jeff

weavee g 06-02-2006 08:44 AM

We try and stop after the runs and talk about up coming events, then there is the news letter and phone calls from Lisa reminding everyone about the rides. Oh yea, then there is the meetup before each ride where we talk to each other. We have 7 faithful Mini's that do the rides all the time. Would be nice if others could SHOW UP and make this a true showing of our Mini Community.I was with Lisa 2 days ago and she said we have quite a few drivers interested. We are going to have a mix of Sunday runs coming soon so those like me who work most saturdays can join in. We do need everyones input to make this happen. A social sounds good to me also. Glenn

renomojo 06-02-2006 04:08 PM

I think we should have group get togethers in addition to the runs. I'm sure the runs are a lott of fun...and trust me...I would LOVE to go...but, I have a crappy work schedule that doesn't allow me to go on the majority of the runs. That's why I'm suggesting something like a bi-weekly or monthly meeting. That way, we can get the MINIs together and their owners can socialize. I vote for drinks and dinner... Maybe Bully's or Silver Peak?

gizzer777 06-02-2006 06:47 PM

Will go with the flow...

I think we should have group get togethers in addition to the runs. I'm sure the runs are a lott of fun...and trust me...I would LOVE to go...but, I have a crappy work schedule that doesn't allow me to go on the majority of the runs. That's why I'm suggesting something like a bi-weekly or monthly meeting. That way, we can get the MINIs together and their owners can socialize. I vote for drinks and dinner... Maybe Bully's or Silver Peak?

I will go with the flow...Actually live near the NW Reno Bullys...food is pretty good too, so I am sure they all are (same Owner I believe)...

A shame Renomojo, know what that feels like...semi retirement (work when I feel like it). has been good to me so far! Now that it is summer...I am petty picky!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Bad part is ...SO MANY TOYS AND SO LITTLE TIME

Jeff

Black and Blue 06-02-2006 08:03 PM

get together

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sounds good to me. I often take rides up to Reno during the week after work to see daughter at UNR. It would have to be after 6:00 pm as most of us work days. Sucks working weekends, I understand. If you want set a date and time but I can tell you right now not all will show. I will try hard. I will be WITHOUT my mini from June 12 to June 22 as I am getting a paint job done.Other than that I will try to make it. Lisa

weavee g 06-02-2006 08:14 PM

Ditto what Lisa said, i could bring the Mini to work and meetup after as long as i know in advance. What about during the middle of the week so as to avoid weekend crowds? glenn ..... Lisa you could ride with me during the down time

renomojo 06-03-2006 10:06 AM

How about next week? Any day is fine with me...except Monday. I get off at 8 most nights, so maybe we can meet somewhere around that time?

How's Tuesday night work? Maybe around 8PM? Somewhere with a good parking lot...South or North Reno?

How about Bully's at Meadow Wood mall?

gizzer777 06-03-2006 06:08 PM

That works

How about next week? Any day is fine with me...except Monday. I get off at 8 most nights, so maybe we can meet somewhere around that time?

How's Tuesday night work? Maybe around 8PM? Somewhere with a good parking lot...South or North Reno?

How about Bully's at Meadow Wood mall?

That works for me...did not know there was a Bully's in the mall...which end plz?

Jeff

renomojo 06-04-2006 10:19 AM

It's near the JC Penny's on the West side. In between Penny's and men's MACY's.

Does this date/time work for anyone else? If not, we'll find a day when more of us can meet.

Cheers!

gizzer777 06-04-2006 06:02 PM

Thanks...will log it on my PDA

It's near the JC Penny's on the West side. In between Penny's and men's MACY's.

Does this date/time work for anyone else? If not, we'll find a day when more of us can meet.

Cheers!

Thanks for that renomojo...in my appt schedule on the PDA, unless there is a change!

BTW,, I presume that is June 6th?

Jeff

Black and Blue 06-04-2006 07:17 PM

bully's

I will call Glenn and see if he wants to go.I can't stay too late as I get up early for work but that's fine. I put this North American Motoring web site address on the back of all my cards so I hope more and more of us are getting it on here, ooops I mean getting on here. Tuesday is a lot of graduations. I am going to Sacramento monday am, tomarrow, first check up and oil change. I put my mini in for my paint job June 12.I am very scared but I want this design. I just hope it doesn't stand out tooooooooo much. Just the roof is being done. Iv'e seen two new minis here in Carson but couldn't chase them down at the time so I will look some more.Also, the salesman Wade in Sacramento wants more of my little cards, hopefully he is handing them out and not wallpapering the bathroom with them. I sent him about 15 cards. Wish me luck in getting members. See you Tuesday at Bully's MWMall by Penny's around 8pm. Lisa

renomojo 06-04-2006 08:50 PM

Sounds great! I'll be there around 8. See you guys soon!

weavee g 06-04-2006 10:20 PM

Unable to make that late of a meetup. I get off at 4 and live in Tahoe. So, you will have to do that without me. Lisa can represent the HIGHER rank of the club. glenn

gizzer777 06-04-2006 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by rainbow blue
.Also, the salesman Wade in Sacramento wants more of my little cards, hopefully he is handing them out and not wallpapering the bathroom with them. I sent him about 15 cards.

I tried again yesterday (was in the uglymobile) flagged down a lady named "LISA" in a burnt orange cabrio and gave her a card...no response yet.

As far as your card goes...I have it on reliable sources...that your card is indeed in the men's room in Sac...."for a good time call.....":grin:

See ya Tues!!

jeff

renomojo 06-05-2006 08:12 AM

Unable to make that late of a meetup. I get off at 4 and live in Tahoe. So, you will have to do that without me. Lisa can represent the HIGHER rank of the club. glenn
We'll have to do it again sometime when you can come too. But, if you're meeting with the Carson MINI's on Saturday, I'll see you then.

I need to get some cards, because I've been using scrap paper and sticking it under windshields. The lady in the orange MINI/c waved at me the other day. When I picked up my car from Niello, there was a guy from Reno picking up his wife's cabrio...he said he was getting a PW/JCW/Checkmate...just like mine (minus the JCW). I'll have to give him a call.

Black and Blue 06-06-2006 07:31 AM

bully's bonding

Sorry Renomojo a graduation time has changed and I can;t make it. Dinner out on wed. Run is sat. I had a nice drive to Sacramento though. They have the article on us from MC2 with a pile of my cards next to it.See MRECON for car cards and he takes excellent photos as well.You can meet him sat. Glenn will not come to Carson because we are meeting him at the Lake but all others should be there to meet you. We are a good group of mini enthusiasts.We will meet at Chevy's off Kietzke for lunch if you can make it around ?????12:00 Enjoy Jeff, he's a good mini. Lisa :sad:

renomojo 06-06-2006 09:36 AM

tonight

That's too bad you can't make it tonight...we'll have to get more organized and do it again sometime soon. I did manage to get another MINI to come tonight. Maybe I can wrangle up a few more :thumbsup:

I'll see you Saturday AM, but not for lunch...I have to work :sad:

I'll work on getting my cards made up, but first I have to Zaino my car and then take some good pics.

renomojo 06-06-2006 09:37 AM

PS- I think there is a MINIMOTORING lurking out there...don't be shy...say hi!

MR ECON 06-06-2006 12:21 PM

My eldest son, who is in the U.S. Navy and has been serving in Bahrain, is coming home on leave. :) Therefore, I will unable to attend the "group bonding" event this evening or the Tahoe run this Saturday. Sorry. :cry: My wife and I will, however, be attending the Shasta-Trinity-Lassen run on June 23-25. :lol: I hope to see all of you then. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

El Matador 06-06-2006 04:19 PM

Wow, Sounds like no one is going now, what's the deal? Is it still on?

gizzer777 06-06-2006 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by El Matador
Wow, Sounds like no one is going now, what's the deal? Is it still on?

Sounds like just Mr Econ and Weavegg, and lisa are not going...
I am going and renomojo said she was going this am,...and.....you?

If no one is there...I will have taken a nice ride and a nice dinner and wine!!:)

jeff

El Matador 06-06-2006 05:27 PM

I'll be there with minimotoring, so sounds like at least 3 cars...