R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 MINI Paceman - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 AM
iconoclast6
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"So do you people have some reason then for visiting a Paceman forum? I'm here because I happen to like the Paceman and could likely be buying one soon, and I can assure you the last thing I want to read about is how ugly a few of you think it is. But thank you so much for that insightful opinion."

Ditto and LOL!!

Kind of reminds me of grown juveniles, likely still carrying the insecurity of acne, who realize they have no one to play with....so they say and do things to get attention they can't get on their own merit. Sad, but often true.

As adults, we allow them to express themselves as long and as loud as they want, until they realize no one cares.

Meanwhile everyone who counts in the Paceman forum, is here to support folks who love the Paceman.

Viva la difference!!

Last edited by iconoclast6; 04-01-2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by iconoclast6

Viva la difference!!
Hear, hear!

Old 04-01-2013, 09:04 AM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MINILLA
You're most welcome....but it's still ugly!
I see that you have a Clubman... So, what do you find attractive about it?..

Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Originally Posted by paipuky
I see that you have a Clubman... So, what do you find attractive about it?..
Let me say firstly I really tried to like the Countryman when it was released...people kept on telling me that it was much better in the flesh than it was in pics....then when my daughter wanted me to check it out for her as a prospective purchase I still wasn't convinced. Somehow the vehicle doesn't seem to have the right proportions...(remember were talking opinion) The first pics of the Paceman on the other hand looked promising...I do like the look of it from the side on...even though the Evoque does it much better...even so I'm stuck with that ugly frown on the front of the car..it just doesn't do it for me.

Other than the original Minis back in the 60's a 2003 Cooper hardtop and a 2004 Cooper S hardtop ...(order to spec new )reminded me again of my love for Mini. I traded the 2003 (CVT) in 2010 on a whim for the Clubman...which has a kind of utilitarian quirkiness which my wife liked. We drove it for about 11K miles over 3 years and then traded it for another 2013 Cooper Hardtop in Ice Blue....I realized pretty quickly how much performance oriented driving I had missed when in the Clubman....I'm glad that when I do drive the Mini that it is the hardtop version.....but I only do that when my hands are prised off the steering wheel of my Challenger!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM
pidge1114
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me say firstly I really tried to like the Countryman when it was released...people kept on telling me that it was much better in the flesh than it was in pics....then when my daughter wanted me to check it out for her as a prospective purchase I still wasn't convinced. Somehow the vehicle doesn't seem to have the right proportions...(remember were talking opinion) The first pics of the Paceman on the other hand looked promising...I do like the look of it from the side on...even though the Evoque does it much better...even so I'm stuck with that ugly frown on the front of the car..it just doesn't do it for me.

Other than the original Minis back in the 60's a 2003 Cooper hardtop and a 2004 Cooper S hardtop ...(order to spec new )reminded me again of my love for Mini. I traded the 2003 (CVT) in 2010 on a whim for the Clubman...which has a kind of utilitarian quirkiness which my wife liked. We drove it for about 11K miles over 3 years and then traded it for another 2013 Cooper Hardtop in Ice Blue....I realized pretty quickly how much performance oriented driving I had missed when in the Clubman....I'm glad that when I do drive the Mini that it is the hardtop version.....but I only do that when my hands are prised off the steering wheel of my Challenger!
Funny thing is I think the Countryman and Paceman have really great proportions in comparison to the Clubman. I never liked the way the Clubman looked.

Everyone has their opinion.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
iconoclast6
2nd Gear
So now that we're clear that this is a Paceman forum,
what are folks, who have ordered or are thinking of ordering,
considering insofar as interval, external mods?

Last edited by iconoclast6; 04-01-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
IF i were to suddenly have a pile of dough to get one, id Jack it UP! big suspension, Big tires! try to tap into the computer to adjust the 4wd, making it all time, upgrade the turbo, and make it a bad-A rally car!

put front and rear metal bumper guards on it, roof rack, roof rack fog lights! make it look mean as hell! ahahahahahaa!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Stanislaus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Eds not-so-red MINI
So do you people have some reason then for visiting a Paceman forum? I'm here because I happen to like the Paceman and could likely be buying one soon
Personally, I checked it out because I was curious about what the Paceman looked like.
It doesn't float my boat, but it seems like you're into it. Like I wrote earlier; I'm not here to hate on your consumer choices but I did weigh in as a community member on a matter involving the brand's identity. If BMW MINI is moving toward lower MPG, bigger body styles and away from the thinking that (presumably) launched the brand in the first place so be it- I have no interest in standing in the way, but did feel compelled to comment. As a "justa" owner I've tolerated plenty of haters so I know that feel, but my aim was to comment on the trajectory of the MINI brand/theme/purpose. Again, no hard feelings but homogenizing MINI into the mainstream of general blah semi-hybrid SUV soccer commute design don't do it for me.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Thanks for all the opinions. It would be nice to keep this tread for Paceman pictures only...

Check the lines from roof and body closing at the rear of the car. Analize the design of the Paceman and you will see that it might be the best designed MINI yet.
I'd love to see a hardtop with this same design concept (sloping roof, wider body) on the hardtop MCS, but it is a little tricky considering interior head clearance.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:55 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Saw this base model today. Sales person said they were also getting the JCW version in Silver/Red later this month!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Saw this base model today. Sales person said they were also getting the JCW version in Silver/Red later this month!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
So this one ....with the different front end doesn't look so bad.....I might even be able to live with this model.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
So this one ....with the different front end doesn't look so bad.....I might even be able to live with this model.
LOL !!! so now you have to go back and erase all the previous comments. You found your match!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would really like to see one lowered. I think that might be the ticket for this car.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:30 PM
iconoclast6
2nd Gear
Wow...that Blazing Red Paceman is hot. Of course, I'm not partial cause thats what I'm waiting for...except I have the whote roof and white mirrors. Its' difficult waiting...

Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
LOL !!! so now you have to go back and erase all the previous comments. You found your match!
Nope the other's still ugly...in the front

Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
paipuky
4th Gear
Nope the other's still ugly...in the front
Well, you like the classic/conservative look., cool.
I love the sporty look on the S model. Go check it out, it is impressive.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Stanislaus
Personally, I checked it out because I was curious about what the Paceman looked like.
It doesn't float my boat, but it seems like you're into it. Like I wrote earlier; I'm not here to hate on your consumer choices but I did weigh in as a community member on a matter involving the brand's identity. If BMW MINI is moving toward lower MPG, bigger body styles and away from the thinking that (presumably) launched the brand in the first place so be it- I have no interest in standing in the way, but did feel compelled to comment. As a "justa" owner I've tolerated plenty of haters so I know that feel, but my aim was to comment on the trajectory of the MINI brand/theme/purpose. Again, no hard feelings but homogenizing MINI into the mainstream of general blah semi-hybrid SUV soccer commute design don't do it for me.
If MINI were going the route of, say, every Japanese manufacturer whose models have grown from tiny econoboxes to what could easily be considered mid-sized sedans, I could see your point; but that's not the case here. It's not like MINI is moving away from its bread-and-butter and toward bigger and lower MPG as much as it's just adding to the stable. We can all still get the hardtop we've come to know and love, as well as a few smaller (and even less practical) variations and the newer, larger ones as well. They're just making the family bigger, that's all. Looking at the entrants into the SU-something arena, I don't consider it homogenizing at all, but rather putting MINI's stamp of quirkiness on the segment. Not everybody has to or is going like everything; but isn't that what MINI has always been about anyway?

And to put my exclamation point on it, here's what I just bought tonight and will be picking up tomorrow. First one in RI, baby!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Eds not-so-red MINI
If MINI were going the route of, say, every Japanese manufacturer whose models have grown from tiny econoboxes to what could easily be considered mid-sized sedans, I could see your point; but that's not the case here. It's not like MINI is moving away from its bread-and-butter and toward bigger and lower MPG as much as it's just adding to the stable. We can all still get the hardtop we've come to know and love, as well as a few smaller (and even less practical) variations and the newer, larger ones as well. They're just making the family bigger, that's all. Looking at the entrants into the SU-something arena, I don't consider it homogenizing at all, but rather putting MINI's stamp of quirkiness on the segment. Not everybody has to or is going like everything; but isn't that what MINI has always been about anyway?

And to put my exclamation point on it, here's what I just bought tonight and will be picking up tomorrow. First one in RI, baby!!!

Nice!!

Old 04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
13PacemanS
1st Gear
here's mine delivered Tuesday

Attached Thumbnails MINI Paceman - Pictures-dsc00001-800x450-.jpg   MINI Paceman - Pictures-dsc00002-800x450-.jpg   MINI Paceman - Pictures-dsc00003-800x450-.jpg  
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 13PacemanS
Congrats!

---------------------------

By the way, any mods planned for all those already delivered?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
Nice! Is that silver? Love it with the black roof.

Congrats!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Stanislaus
4th Gear
If MINI were going the route of, say, every Japanese manufacturer whose models have grown from tiny econoboxes to what could easily be considered mid-sized sedans, I could see your point; but that's not the case here. It's not like MINI is moving away from its bread-and-butter and toward bigger and lower MPG as much as it's just adding to the stable.
How not so? That would appear to be exactly the case. What model has MINI come up with that has not moved away from the smaller original in terms of size and overall consumption? Again, you are welcome to your preference, by all means, but to suggest MINI has been in keeping with its original target (anti-SUV, tiny, nimble post war throwback) is writing a check you can't cash.

Last edited by Stanislaus; 04-04-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: possessive apostrophe
Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
MakoBimmer
4th Gear
Very nice! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive... Hating the wait.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Stanislaus
How not so? That would appear to be exactly the case. What model has MINI come up with that has not moved away from the smaller original in terms of size and overall consumption? Again, you are welcome to your preference, by all means, but to suggest MINI has been in keeping with its original target (anti-SUV, tiny, nimble post war throwback) is writing a check you can't cash.
Cooper hardtop is basically unchanged from when BMW reintroduced the brand. Gen 2s were modestly increased in size because the EU made them. All you're doing now is arguing what you think the brand should be and is moving away from. The brand is what it is, the cars are what they are. Too big, too small, too cute, too ugly, everybody's gotta have a friggin opinion. Buy one or don't, I really don't care. Except this is a Paceman pictures thread in a Paceman forum. Surely you malcontents can find a more appropriate place in which to spout your vitriol.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:27 AM
ASKtheteach
5th Gear
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by astroBlackMetallic_Mini
Why is mini still doing the stupid plastic wheel arches? Those damn things just fade after a couple of years and look like crap >:(

I hate that type of plastic.
I'm now on my 3rd MINI (a 2012 Countryman), and I've never had the wheel arches fade. A little 303 Aerospace Protectant takes care of them (although I've never really used it on the arches, just on the stripes).

Quick Reply: R61 MINI Paceman - Pictures