R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 MINI Paceman - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 AM
Stanislaus
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eds not-so-red MINI
C All you're doing now is arguing what you think the brand should be and is moving away from. The brand is what it is, the cars are what they are. Too big, too small, too cute, too ugly, everybody's gotta have a friggin opinion. Buy one or don't, I really don't care. Except this is a Paceman pictures thread in a Paceman forum. Surely you malcontents can find a more appropriate place in which to spout your vitriol.
I don't have an interest in arguing over taste here. I did state some opinions about the brand's direction. I also realize this is a thread for people to post pictures of a model they are interested in. It's not my intention to rain on anyone's parade.
However my responses lately have been in response to comments addressing me directly, otherwise I'm not on this thread.
As I've written twice before, you are welcome to buy what you want, and MINI can make what they want. We can agree on that.
In your previous post you appear to make the case that unlike Japanese manufacturers, who went from small to sedan sizes, MINI has kept things relatively small. My response was that this is not so; models have gotten larger and mpg has gotten smaller. Forgive me if I misunderstood your original intent.
If I were to resort to "spouting vitriol" I would likely employ sarcastic comments or refer to other members as "malcontents".

Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 AM
ASKtheteach
5th Gear
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
OK, folks. If you want to argue/fight with each other, please take it to a PM forum.

On a MINI note, FWIW, there is no such thing as a "Base" model (other than one that has no options). MINIS (hardtop, coupe, roadster, cabrio, Clubman, Countryman, and Paceman) are either S or Non-S (sometimes affectionately called "Justas"). Just a technicality. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Not my favorite color, but this is what I test drove today. Loved the ride, much closer to the R56 experience!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
cardesigner
1st Gear
@paipuky

Can I ask your impressions on the back seat? I sat in it briefly but the PM I sat in was sold so it was a quick one. Personally I find the headroom not terrible, but I guess I want to know from someone who recently experienced it.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:18 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cardesigner
@paipuky

Can I ask your impressions on the back seat? I sat in it briefly but the PM I sat in was sold so it was a quick one. Personally I find the headroom not terrible, but I guess I want to know from someone who recently experienced it.
This car is a love it or hate it concept... I love the design, but can definitely find somebody getting claustrophobic sitting there for a long period of time, but again, that would be like the hardtop experience.
I would describe seating experience more as something between the Countryman and the Hardtop. Legroom seems a little bit less than the countryman and headroom seems decent for a 6' person, keep in mind that opposite to the hardtop, this one offers you real trunk space. Seating angle is very good and comfortable, pretty sure it is good enough for long trips.
Another thing to consider is the long vs short center rails. I love how the long ones look, but it might also restrict leg movement in the rear; on the other hand though, it allows more space for cup holders and a rear armrest.

In conclusion, I think that being a coupe, rear seat experience is decent, pair it with a sunroof and the rear opening would free up any enclosing feeling.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
minim8o
4th Gear
Originally Posted by paipuky
This car is a love it or hate it concept... I love the design, but can definitely find somebody getting claustrophobic sitting there for a long period of time, but again, that would be like the hardtop experience.
Um ... wwwwhat? !!! I've been doing 6 - 7 hr drives in my JCW hatch a few times the past few months and I for one am too busy looking outside the windows in front, to the side, and behind via the mirrors, to get a feeling of clastrophibia. And that's with my sunroof covered by a Thule coffin on my roof rack to give me a much needed +13 cu.ft. of storage.

I sat in the Paceman JCW @ the NYC auto show and I can assure everyone the Paceman has more room everywhere for the driver than I'd imagined and what I was comparing it to, the BMW X1 and BMW F31 wagon; most importantly on the left, for the shoulder, and left arm, as well as ability to open the legs especially the right leg (for us left hand drivers).

Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minim8o
Um ... wwwwhat? !!! I've been doing 6 - 7 hr drives in my JCW hatch a few times the past few months and I for one am too busy looking outside the windows in front, to the side, and behind via the mirrors, to get a feeling of clastrophibia. And that's with my sunroof covered by a Thule coffin on my roof rack to give me a much needed +13 cu.ft. of storage.

I sat in the Paceman JCW @ the NYC auto show and I can assure everyone the Paceman has more room everywhere for the driver than I'd imagined and what I was comparing it to, the BMW X1 and BMW F31 wagon; most importantly on the left, for the shoulder, and left arm, as well as ability to open the legs especially the right leg (for us left hand drivers).
My review was for the seating experience in the rear seat....

Name:  2013-04-05142501_zps7df36f73.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  62.8 KB

The front seat experience is great, same feeling as the hardtop, but with a little more room.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 AM
minim8o
4th Gear
My review was for the seating experience in the rear seat.... The front seat experience is great, same feeling as the hardtop, but with a little more room.
Please pardon my outburst. <covers face in shame>

Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Quixter
2nd Gear
I have had mine for three weeks and love it.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
iconoclast6
2nd Gear
Nice!!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minim8o
Please pardon my outburst. <covers face in shame>

LOL It's all cool.

Originally Posted by Quixter
I have had mine for three weeks and love it.

That blue is always full of personality. Nice looking one!

Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
iconoclast6
2nd Gear
Aesthetic thoughts

This mock-up is my Blazing Red Paceman S, ALL4. It's enroute as we speak.

Question: the dark or lighter carbon fiber in the A pillar? I guess the choice should include how well the black plastic color in the wheel wells, bottom of the doors and rear bumper holds its color. After a few months those areas began to fade despite however I tried to restore the black.

Does the darker carbon fiber break up the or accent it? Or, does the lighter fiber create an easier color flow?

Please be liberal with your thoughts, as I'm not thin-skinned at all.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails MINI Paceman - Pictures-1365438153.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 03:19 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by iconoclast6
This mock-up is my Blazing Red Paceman S, ALL4. It's enroute as we speak.

Question: the dark or lighter carbon fiber in the A pillar? I guess the choice should include how well the black plastic color in the wheel wells, bottom of the doors and rear bumper holds its color. After a few months those areas began to fade despite however I tried to restore the black.

Does the darker carbon fiber break up the or accent it? Or, does the lighter fiber create an easier color flow?

Please be liberal with your thoughts, as I'm not thin-skinned at all.

Thanks

Lighter one matches better the lower diagonal plastic pillar which color is more of a charcoal than black.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts
MINI USA JCW Paceman Configurator is now online

Name:  ScreenShot2013-04-11at85647PM_zpsa2e1b23f.png
Views: 455
Size:  430.2 KB

Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JackMac
MINI USA JCW Paceman Configurator is now online

Is it just me, or pricing for the JCW is just ridiculous?... It does not even have ALL4 drive, yet is more expensive than Countryman... $9k extra over Paceman S for this package is just ridiculous. Love the looks, but common... This is BMW / Audi territory already

Last edited by paipuky; 04-11-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
It is up there. All4 is standard. This one is nearly $46K:

Name:  2013JCWPaceman_zps650773a7.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  122.0 KB

Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
It is up there. All4 is standard. This one is nearly $46K:

It seems like the customization page it is still under construction, or some details have been forgotten. This is an official image from JCW page, no ALL4 specified anywhere yet.

Beautiful, but ridiculously expensive...

Old 04-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Quixter
2nd Gear

That blue is always full of personality. Nice looking one!
Thanks,I debated between the starlight blue and the blazing red. Really glad I went with the blue.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Quixter
2nd Gear
Is it just me, or pricing for the JCW is just ridiculous?... It does not even have ALL4 drive, yet is more expensive than Countryman... $9k extra over Paceman S for this package is just ridiculous. Love the looks, but common... This is BMW / Audi territory already

Actually it is all wheel drive. Though I do agree it's a bit pricey.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:21 PM
iconoclast6
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Quixter
Thanks,I debated between the starlight blue and the blazing red. Really glad I went with the blue.
...Actually I'm glad you, and others, have gone with the Starlight Blue.
Mostly because I went with Blazing Red and would like to feel like I can stand out in a crowd...lol!!

Seriosuly though, the Starlight Blue is a really, really appealing color. Congrats!!

Last edited by iconoclast6; 04-13-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by 13PacemanS
here's mine delivered Tuesday
Very clean! Love it!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
From a recent test drive. Stopped home to check garage fitment.

Starlight blue All4 with optional 19" wheels. This is the dealer launch car, and is still available. Very nicely optioned inside too.

Name:  IMG_3665_zps27ce399e.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  84.1 KB

Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
From another thread, adding here...

Old 04-16-2013, 08:09 PM
paipuky
4th Gear
From another thread, adding here...

Beautiful lines!
Blazing red is a nice color, yet I like the brighter Chili Red better (not available on the R61).

Old 04-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Drewbrese
3rd Gear
Beautiful lines!
Blazing red is a nice color, yet I like the brighter Chili Red better (not available on the R61).
That's a car I could see owning.

Quick Reply: R61 MINI Paceman - Pictures