North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R61 :: Paceman Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r61-paceman-talk-419/)
-   -   R61 MINI Paceman - Pictures (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r61-paceman-talk/248122-mini-paceman-pictures.html)

paipuky 03-28-2013 09:25 AM

MINI Paceman - Pictures

8 Attachment(s)
Spotted this beauty at Lauderdale MINI two weeks ago.
Attachment 158883

And this one today at Orlando MINI...

Attachment 158884

Attachment 158885

Attachment 158886

Attachment 158887

Attachment 158888

Attachment 158889

Attachment 158890

Very nice car! The only thing I regret is the new power window switches' design, they look cheap. The new switches VS classic ones
Also noticed that rear seat legroom space seems a little smaller compared to Countryman.

Other than that, awesome looking MINI!

Melangell 03-28-2013 06:09 PM

Me Am Hulk MINI!!!

RobMuntean 03-28-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Melangell (Post 3708663)
"i am hulk mini!!!!"

Lmao....that definitely made me chuckle.

MINILLA 03-29-2013 04:42 AM

Just another ugly looking car from MINI to me!

paipuky 03-29-2013 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by MINILLA (Post 3708861)

Well... Opinions are always respected.
IMO this is the best looking MINI yet along with the JCW Hardtop. The lines on these models are beautiful.

iconoclast6 03-29-2013 03:48 PM

Ditto. Looks certainly are for the beholder to determine. Traded my 2009 Hardtop Turbo S for a 2011 Countryman S. Am now awaiting the Paceman S All 4. The lines on the Paceman, the sloping roof and the new look rear is where it's at for me.

Test drive revealed a tighter suspension and better handling.

Stanislaus 03-29-2013 04:33 PM

Second that. What happened to the Rocketman? I've said it before but why is the "MINI" evolution going in the direction of super sizing? I'd buy a smaller MINI in a heartbeat.

jeffc 03-29-2013 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A picture of mine.

mini coop 03-29-2013 05:34 PM

I see where the Paceman was named one of the 7 ugliest cars at the NY Autoshow. What?

iconoclast6 03-29-2013 07:13 PM

I was at the NY Auto Show today. The Mini exhibit was mobbed with folks absolutely fawning over the Paceman and Countryman. Countryman was deemed practical, while the Pacemen is viewed a sportier Countryman, and more economical than the Range Rover Evoque. The Coupe got the most comments about whether it was another kind of Mini quirky or a Mini performance sports car. Of course there was also a sizeable group oohing and aahing over the legacy models as well, with the soccer Mom's eyeing the Clubman.

Most Mini enthusiasts seem to e split along the lines of what's been talked about on White Roof Radio. Mini would like to keep its legacy look, but is both moving with the market and leading the market. Hence, the Countryman, Paceman, Coupe and its planned 2 litre engine that will require another design departure from its legacy line. Apparently sales are off the chain, though down slightly during the past winter months.

The consensus was that some legacy fans may be disaffected, kind of like folks who still want to drive their Dad's Cadillac, but most folks will likely evolve with how Mini adapts its vision to the future. Exciting times for sure, cause the Paceman is hot, and likely a sign of things to come...

paipuky 03-29-2013 08:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jeffc (Post 3709244)
A picture of mine.

Nice one! Congrats :thumbsup:

The new era of MINI is all about design statement.

What about this?... Would be nice I think...

Attachment 158847

Attachment 158848

Attachment 158849

Attachment 158850

Noonzio 03-29-2013 10:16 PM

I concur - truly awful. Not as bad as the Countryman, but still awful. I'd buy a smaller Mini in a heartbeat (the Rocketman for example) . . but bigger and bigger? I don't think so.

astroBlackMetallic_Mini 03-29-2013 10:20 PM

Why is mini still doing the stupid plastic wheel arches? Those damn things just fade after a couple of years and look like crap >:(

I hate that type of plastic.

paipuky 03-29-2013 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Noonzio (Post 3709447)
I concur - truly awful. Not as bad as the Countryman, but still awful. I'd buy a smaller Mini in a heartbeat (the Rocketman for example) . . but bigger and bigger? I don't think so.

I thought the same thing the first time I saw the Countryman, then it just took a closer look and walk around to see how brilliant the idea was. A MINI for everybody, the essence is there, a small functional car. Thinking outside the box, it is what matters these days.

bratling 03-30-2013 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Stanislaus (Post 3709222)

Second that. What happened to the Rocketman? I've said it before but why is the "MINI" evolution going in the direction of super sizing? I'd buy a smaller MINI in a heartbeat.

So long as they keep making the "classic" hardtop, it's okay with me. Remember back in 2002 when Porsche introduced the Cayenne? You'd have thought the world was ending, the way Porsche lovers reacted. But it went on to become the best selling car they make, and ensured Porsche's survival via the best possible method: profits. Consequently, Porsche can still make the less popular but iconic 911, and the Boxster.

If the big, chubby countryman, and the big, aggressive paceman, keep BMW's MINI group profitable and able to keep making the small ones too, then I'm all for it!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

mini coop 03-30-2013 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by iconoclast6 (Post 3709346)
I was at the NY Auto Show today. The Mini exhibit was mobbed with folks absolutely fawning over the Paceman and Countryman. Countryman was deemed practical, while the Pacemen is viewed a sportier Countryman, and more economical than the Range Rover Evoque. The Coupe got the most comments about whether it was another kind of Mini quirky or a Mini performance sports car. Of course there was also a sizeable group oohing and aahing over the legacy models as well, with the soccer Mom's eyeing the Clubman.

Most Mini enthusiasts seem to e split along the lines of what's been talked about on White Roof Radio. Mini would like to keep its legacy look, but is both moving with the market and leading the market. Hence, the Countryman, Paceman, Coupe and its planned 2 litre engine that will require another design departure from its legacy line. Apparently sales are off the chain, though down slightly during the past winter months.

The consensus was that some legacy fans may be disaffected, kind of like folks who still want to drive their Dad's Cadillac, but most folks will likely evolve with how Mini adapts its vision to the future. Exciting times for sure, cause the Paceman is hot, and likely a sign of things to come...

Thanks for the first hand insight. It is helpful.

Stanislaus 03-30-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by bratling (Post 3709489)

If the big, chubby countryman, and the big, aggressive paceman, keep BMW's MINI group profitable and able to keep making the small ones too, then I'm all for it!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Sure. I admit what attracted me to the MINI was its design proximity to the original. That's also what I like about the new Fiats (not to open another can of worms). Personally I feel that catering to a market that steers the brand away from the original concept toward a compromise with the "bigger is better" lux-ury crowd is a misstep.
BMW MINI attracted a quirky group of followers with the original (the original remake I should say), but the brand feels gentrified now in a way. No hard feelings and no judgments on anyone's consumer tastes or aesthetics, by the way. I am personally just not feeling the new direction in terms of style, size, or rationale.

Stanislaus 03-30-2013 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by astroBlackMetallic_Mini (Post 3709449)
Why is mini still doing the stupid plastic wheel arches? Those damn things just fade after a couple of years and look like crap >:(

I hate that type of plastic.

Agreed.
For a minute I considered removing mine, but would take a lot of body work to make it look right.

paipuky 03-30-2013 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stanislaus (Post 3709638)
Agreed.
For a minute I considered removing mine, but would take a lot of body work to make it look right.

These plastic arches are part of the new MINI essence. Not many cars use this, that makes it more unique. Yes they are a little more care intensive, but there are plenty of products to keep them looking good, or you can just paint them.
I still think they are an important part of the MINI design.

JackMac 03-31-2013 03:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 158802

Attachment 158803

Attachment 158804

Attachment 158805

pidge1114 03-31-2013 05:10 PM

I think we may have missed one or two color combos in this thread.

Eds not-so-red MINI 03-31-2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by mini coop (Post 3709271)
I see where the Paceman was named one of the 7 ugliest cars at the NY Autoshow. What?

So do you people have some reason then for visiting a Paceman forum? I'm here because I happen to like the Paceman and could likely be buying one soon, and I can assure you the last thing I want to read about is how ugly a few of you think it is. But thank you so much for that insightful opinion.

paipuky 03-31-2013 06:05 PM

Love the first two! which webpage are you using to customize Paceman JCW?

JackMac 03-31-2013 06:55 PM

They were made using the MINI UK configurator.

MINILLA 04-01-2013 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Eds not-so-red MINI (Post 3710625)
So do you people have some reason then for visiting a Paceman forum? I'm here because I happen to like the Paceman and could likely be buying one soon, and I can assure you the last thing I want to read about is how ugly a few of you think it is. But thank you so much for that insightful opinion.

You're most welcome....but it's still ugly!