Go Back  North American Motoring > MINI Countryman (2010 +) > R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues
2C57 low charging pressure and/or not plausible >

2C57 low charging pressure and/or not plausible

R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

2C57 low charging pressure and/or not plausible

Old 03-31-2019, 03:25 PM
dmath
3rd Gear
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
While there will certainly be some difference of opinion, the conventional wisdom on NAM seems to be that with coils OEM is the best way to avoid problems.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:07 PM
Mochanic
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot remember where I got the coils, but they were definitely OE from a 3rd party for far less than dealer prices!

Old 04-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Zachary Nguyen
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welp. Valve cover replaced yesterday. There was tons of oil in the 3rd spark plug tube. Cleaned that all out too. Drove, all good. Had another misfire cylinder 3. Swapped coil 3/4. No misfires since. Some stepping on the pedal here and there for fun, boost pressure all good. Consistently hits 13 psi stock or 21 ish with nm power module on high. Drove around a little more just cruising and the dreaded half engine CEL and ď2C57 charging pressure control, plausibility pressure too lowĒ came back on. Can it really be the wastegate if Iím able to hit 21 psi with the power module? Maybe I should have the vacuum lines checked or something? Get another smoke test done at an indy shop or just take it to the dealer and pay up?

Old 04-12-2019, 07:56 PM
MrGrumpy
5th Gear
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Zachary Nguyen View Post
Dang wish we could get an update from anyone thatís replaced it but still had issues. I recently got identical issues on stock in my 2011 mcs. Long slight uphill at ~75mph. Added a bit more throttle and got half engine and 2c57. Havenít had the car for long so unfortunately donít know what it feels like with low boost pressure vs normal. Have no hope that Iím under the turbo extended warranty. Just really hope itís not the wastegate. MrGrumpy, would you go with that same turbo again if you could do it all over? I wouldnít mind some extra power in my turbo but most of all want reliability and ease of install (not requiring tons of aftermarket stuff)
Sorry I never saw this. Yes I would absolutely buy the same turbo again. Itís still working terrific. Just as a straight bolt on replacement, there is a noticeable improvement, but combined with the tune, itís really a different car! The only thing I would do differently now, is possibly going one size bigger to the 42mm. But am perfectly happy with the 40mm! I originally was just going to do a straight swap without tuning, so it made sense. If I knew I was going to end up tuning it, I may have gone a bit bigger. But Iíve driven one just like mine with the same tune and a 42mm turbo, and mine makes better power I think, for the way I drive. It spools just a hair quicker.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Mochanic
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Started to take the everything off today to replace the turbo so that we can sell this giant headache! Since we are selling it we have no interest in doing any mods to it, so what turbo would you guys recommend putting on it just to fix the CEL. I don't want to sell this to somebody only for them to have the same issues.