R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 2018 Cooper S E Countryman

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 08:17 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
2018 Cooper S E Countryman

My deposit is in. The dealer has training tomorrow and in a few weeks I should be able to configure. My dealer, as most are, will get only one for the year.

415 total 2018's for NAM.

Put 25% cash down to lock it up.

Now the long long wait until September or October when it arrives.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:13 AM
BlakeC
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aren't R60s from 2010-16?

Old 05-09-2017, 11:57 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
My deposit is in. The dealer has training tomorrow and in a few weeks I should be able to configure. My dealer, as most are, will get only one for the year.

415 total 2018's for NAM.

Now the long long wait until September or October when it arrives.
1st, congratulations. 2nd, Only 1 plug in per dealer this year?! I hadn't heard that. Did you have to pay more than MSRP or just negotiate to MSRP? It seems if it's one per dealer, they could really jack up the price. I just picked up my ordered F60 2 weeks ago.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
I would hope that they will start an F60 and F60E section soon.

Got an update today. They can configure and order next week. Each dealer is getting at least 2. The 1st ones coming in are all the same and each dealer gets 1 then each dealer gets an allotment. It's 415 total so with ~125 dealers that works out to 2 additional orders per dealer after initial unit but it won't be allocated that way. Some dealers will get 1 and some could get 3 etc.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
WTF??

Old 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Karrock
WTF??
Yeah, my 1st mini was $1,000 down to order, 2nd Mini was 2,500 and then a big jump.

I guess since they only get to configure 1 at this dealership for 2018 they wanted to make sure I was serious. He through the number out and I wrote the check on the spot so I guess that answered the question.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Old 05-11-2017, 06:09 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Dealer confirmed to me this afternoon that my order is in. I had given him a spec based on a Countryman S All4 to use as a guide. Among some of the other things not available on the S E.

-Active driving assistant

-MINI Yours Illuminated Surface

-Rear Spoiler

Old 05-16-2017, 06:38 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"...all the same..."

...The 1st ones coming in are all the same and each dealer gets 1 then each dealer gets an allotment...
Did you spec yours out, or are you getting one of the "firsts" that are spec'd the same?

My dealer has offered me their one (so far) allocation, but I don't really know how to spec it out without a better handle on standards, options, and costs.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:24 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
There is a level of flying blind. His configurable order was loaded as Silver and Black.

I did a config on an S All 4 and he updated the silver and black to match as close as he could but to your point we do not know what is standard for sure. I had some musts and we met those, no leather seats but had to be power ( wife is Vegan). I wanted the HUD and sunroof with color BRG and BLK.
My config sheet from the dealer is over on the other thread about order book being open. He couldn't find anything that said heated seats so are they standard or part of power seats or won't be heated. We will learn when the configurator is up or the car arrives

Old 05-20-2017, 02:07 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Dealer confirmed to me this afternoon that my order is in. I had given him a spec based on a Countryman S All4 to use as a guide. Among some of the other things not available on the S E.

-Active driving assistant

-MINI Yours Illuminated Surface

-Rear Spoiler

There is a level of flying blind. His configurable order was loaded as Silver and Black.

I did a config on an S All 4 and he updated the silver and black to match as close as he could but to your point we do not know what is standard for sure. I had some musts and we met those, no leather seats but had to be power ( wife is Vegan). I wanted the HUD and sunroof with color BRG and BLK.
My config sheet from the dealer is over on the other thread about order book being open. He couldn't find anything that said heated seats so are they standard or part of power seats or won't be heated. We will learn when the configurator is up or the car arrives
All should be available... Active Driver Assist w/ Stop and Go (5AS) is a $1000 option, MINI Yours surface is $400 but you have to get leather..., Rear spoiler is $250

Heated seats are standard.

Dealers have the ordering guide accessible for a couple weeks...not sure why all the confusion on their end.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:57 AM
MLC-Mobile
2nd Gear
I had the chance to drive the SE while getting an oil change a few weeks ago on my 2004 Cooper S. I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. (Now I just have to figure out if I can get two cello cases in it before I commit). Had a question on the spoiler - it doesn't show up in the configurator on the Mini USA site. What's the deal?

Old 07-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Karrock
4th Gear
Looks like the SE doesn't come with the same spoiler option but there *is* something there...? Difference is pretty subtle unless it looks that much different in person.

SE without spoiler

JCW with optional Rear Spoiler

Old 07-29-2017, 08:54 AM
MLC-Mobile
2nd Gear
Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough - just put mine on order!